• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Revenge OS for Redmi 4X ( Android 11 )

Search This thread

Dhruvgera

Jan 14, 2018
Thread Title - [ROM][AOSP] RevengeOS 4.0 | Redmi 4X (Santoni) [UNOFFICIAL]

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVcpMssw.png

RevengeOS is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP. We are dedicated to a beautiful, fast, stable and minimal customized ROM, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code, Hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at RevengeOS GitHub.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us

Disclaimer: While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in Telegram Group

Download ROM here for your device!

Santoni

What's Working
- Full VNDK
- RIL
- Brightness
- Bluetooth
- Camera ( Use OpenCamera if you want no issues )
- The usual stuff

BUGS:
- Goodix FP
- Night Light
- You tell me :p

Download the ROM
- Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery(optional)
- Make a full wipe (system, vendor, data, cache, dalvik)
- Flash RevengeOS Package
- Flash gapps [ If you want to ]
- Wipe cache! -And at last Reboot!
[First boot will take few minutes! Have patience]
Clean Flash is always recommended!

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

Like my Work?
Buy me a Beer or Coffee
Donate

Kernel Source :- https://github.com/Dhruvgera/RockstarKernel_r4x

XDA:DevDB Information
Revenge OS , ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4X

Contributors
Dhruvgera
Source Code: https://github.com/RevengeOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-09-20
Last Updated 2020-09-20

Last edited:

ru_vlad1

Oct 4, 2018
Sevastopol
I'm getting extremly poor performance with social media apps like Discord or Twitter. They take a long time to load and usually end up crashing.

Edit: Also, edit your post and change the ROM OS Version. It says it's Android 11.

Dhruvgera

Jan 14, 2018
I'm getting extremly poor performance with social media apps like Discord or Twitter. They take a long time to load and usually end up crashing.

Edit: Also, edit your post and change the ROM OS Version. It says it's Android 11.

Please report with logs, as no such issue was reported by any person, and this is the correct post, it's Android 11, aka Android R not Android 10.

From my side, as I have a santoni myself, the ROM works just fine and buttery smooth without issues.

nabil.zaman

Nov 2, 2017
Bro I tried this rom as like as Yaap os too both rom has bug like Facebook, Messenger , Instagram discord etc social Media app keep crashing frequently.... and the rom ui is too laggy bt I like one thing it takes much lesser ram however i make a clean flash

Dhruvgera

Jan 14, 2018
works ok just dont know if usb works ok
also camera crashing
waiting for next build
hope will be ota also

As mentioned in the instructions, use opencamera app this is due to Android 11's new policy regarding camera usage, and this is one of the reasons why apps tend to create problems as they aren't optimized for android 11.

Dhruvgera

Jan 14, 2018
Bro I tried this rom as like as Yaap os too both rom has bug like Facebook, Messenger , Instagram discord etc social Media app keep crashing frequently.... and the rom ui is too laggy bt I like one thing it takes much lesser ram however i make a clean flash
The UI issues will be fixed in an update coming by today or tomorrow, and as for the apps, the developers need to optimize them for Android 11, it's not a device side issue.

ru_vlad1

Oct 4, 2018
Sevastopol
Please report with logs, as no such issue was reported by any person, and this is the correct post, it's Android 11, aka Android R not Android 10.

From my side, as I have a santoni myself, the ROM works just fine and buttery smooth without issues.

"and this is the correct post, it's Android 11, aka Android R not Android 10."

What I meant is that at the bottom of your post it said ROM OS Version: Android 10, but it's not the case anymore since it's edited to show the right version.

Also, the way I had to install it is that I had to do a data format and then do the usual process, otherwise it would bootloop, could that effect anything?

Also also, please change the Version information at the bottom of your post at Status to "Unstable" since some people get problems with newly installed apps.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

works ok just dont know if usb works ok
also camera crashing
waiting for next build
hope will be ota also

Strange, the camera worked fine for me. I was using the stock camera fyi

Hede83

Oct 2, 2018
thank you very much for your hard work!!
. unfortunatly the setup wizzard is missing so i cant load my backup. am i doing something wrong?