How To Guide Revert Realme GT 5G back to Stock CN ROM and Lock Bootloader

Search This thread

kjpern

Jan 8, 2022
Realme GT
Hi everyone! Unfortunately I have had to revert back to the stock china rom my phone came with due to google cracking down on rooted/altered devices, and apps such as snapchat and google pay are essential for me. I was told if I locked my bootloader while on global firmware, it would brick, so here is a tutorial to revert your realme GT back to the stock china rom.

Make sure you have all software necessary - China Rollback file A24 and twrp 3.6.0 v2 from here (thanks to qiurigao), put those files in your sdk platform tools folder, and adb and fastboot drivers, sdk platform tools
Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your device.

1.boot to fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
1.boot to twrp
fastboot boot twrp-3.6.0-V2.img
Once you are in twrp, you can change language by tapping the setting icon in the corner, and then tapping the globe and english.

2. push ROM file to /data/ota.zip
adb push RMX2202_11_A.24_ROLLBACK_Android11.zip /data/ota.zip
3. TWRP install /data/ota.zip
adb shell "twrp install /data/ota.zip"
Don't worry about the red text.

4. Go stock Recovery Format data
5. once in realme recovery, you can tap english, and proceed to wipe data.
6. set up phone and turn on developer options to check that usb debugging is still enabled.
7. Boot into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
8. Lock the bootloader
fastboot flashing lock
select yes to locking and wiping data.

Now your phone is set back to stock firmware, with no modifications. Google Pay works again! (ofc you have to install the play store and everything but it works again :)) There will be lots of updates since the rollback file is quite old.

I actually had a china version as well but after some manipulations I have successfully locked the bootloader on Indian/Russian firmware, and the Google Pay and services work perfect which is really good as the Google services were completely useless in china rom.

kjpern

Jan 8, 2022
Realme GT
I actually had a china version as well but after some manipulations I have successfully locked the bootloader on Indian/Russian firmware, and the Google Pay and services work perfect which is really good as the Google services were completely useless in china rom.
Oh nice! Could you tell me about these 'manipulations' ? I don't think I'll do anything like that ever again but just for my curiosity 😁

Oh nice! Could you tell me about these 'manipulations' ? I don't think I'll do anything like that ever again but just for my curiosity 😁
1. The phone must be with an unlocked bootloader without a lock code on the screen. (software version at this point was C15 EU)

2. First we put this file into internal memory, RMX2202_ROLLBACK_A14_IN.

3. We go into FastBoot, boot into TWRP with the command

fastboot boot twrp.img

IMPORTANT!!! Categorically do not flash TWRP with the FLASH command

This TWRP is wildly slow, the commands are late, I pressed wait 5-6 seconds.

4. Next, if in TWRP we see the file RMX2202_ROLLBACK_A14_IN, we flash it, be sure to check the box "Force install stock payload rom"
if the file is not visible in TWRP, then commands via ADB

We copy the firmware after renaming it to RMX2202_ROLLBACK.zip to the /data/ota.zip directory with the command:

adb push RMX2202_ROLLBACK.zip /data/ota.zip

Installing a previously copied file via TWRP:

5. We reboot into the stock recovery manually, or with the command:

adb reboot recovery

and do Format Data (Congratulations to you India A14) you can enable, activate

6. Using OppoRealme-OFP-Flash_1.0-x64_Windows, flash 504040RMX2202export_11_A.16_2021101902310291 (The flasher is launched via the command line, there we select the region we want and then the first item under the number 0 so that it flashes clean)
(I flash for the first time with the label IN-India (When I flash on the IN region for the first time with a flasher, the body fell into FastBoot in the process and the command line was waiting and the process did not go, then I drove it into FastBoot with the three buttons and the process continued.), activated the body, and flashed it over the same version, but with the tag RU-Russia.I think you can immediately flash on RU, skipping the step with flashing to IN, but here it is already according to your desire, if you want exactly like me, then do this)

7. Downloaded and installed all OTA updates. (You can download OTA update c16 in zip and flash through three points, after enabling developer mode)

8. IMPORTANT!!! lock the bootloader after all the updates, the phone itself wiped again, it is normal.

This was taken from another forum and translated in Google translate but I think you'll understand what is going on.

Reactions: kjpern

Luccas Oliveira

Nov 30, 2015
São Luis
Do you have a video showing the step by step for this procedure? I have a realme GT 5G that has a global ROM, I would like to use the Chinese Rom to be able to use NFC.

kjpern

Jan 8, 2022
Realme GT
Do you have a video showing the step by step for this procedure? I have a realme GT 5G that has a global ROM, I would like to use the Chinese Rom to be able to use NFC.
Sorry, I'm afraid not. The steps listed are the same as the process to convert your phone to the global rom, it's just that you lock the bootloader at the end. So if you remember that, it's just that but locking the bootloader at the end.

Luccas Oliveira

Nov 30, 2015
São Luis
bought realme on ali, the seller sent it with this ROM in v3 realme ui version. The device already has the bootloader unlocked, following this process, do I have any risk? I see many reports here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-15-19-46-28-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-15-19-46-28-36.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 25

kjpern

Jan 8, 2022
Realme GT
Sorry man I'm not sure for international devices, but if you're certain that your realme was originally a chinese model, you can do this? I would ask some other threads as well

Reactions: Luccas Oliveira

Luccas Oliveira

Nov 30, 2015
São Luis
Sorry man I'm not sure for international devices, but if you're certain that your realme was originally a chinese model, you can do this? I would ask some other threads as well
Non-international device, it is Chinese. in which a global rom was added by the aliexpress seller. I want to go back to the CN factory rom following your tutorial.

installing the rollback rom is simple? Can there be any problems during the installation?

kjpern

Jan 8, 2022
Realme GT
Your tutorial works perfectly, thank you very much! this CN ROM does not work the 5G ? I don't see the option to change the network type. App notifications work correctly?
Hi, for notifications I ended up having to check permissions for notifications on every app I installed, I'm not sure why but I had to do that

For 5G I had to wait like a week one time, it might be because you got your realme recently but just wait a bit and do a restart 👍🏻

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. The phone must be with an unlocked bootloader without a lock code on the screen. (software version at this point was C15 EU)

2. First we put this file into internal memory, RMX2202_ROLLBACK_A14_IN.

3. We go into FastBoot, boot into TWRP with the command

fastboot boot twrp.img

IMPORTANT!!! Categorically do not flash TWRP with the FLASH command

This TWRP is wildly slow, the commands are late, I pressed wait 5-6 seconds.

4. Next, if in TWRP we see the file RMX2202_ROLLBACK_A14_IN, we flash it, be sure to check the box "Force install stock payload rom"
    if the file is not visible in TWRP, then commands via ADB

We copy the firmware after renaming it to RMX2202_ROLLBACK.zip to the /data/ota.zip directory with the command:

adb push RMX2202_ROLLBACK.zip /data/ota.zip

Installing a previously copied file via TWRP:

5. We reboot into the stock recovery manually, or with the command:

adb reboot recovery

and do Format Data (Congratulations to you India A14) you can enable, activate

6. Using OppoRealme-OFP-Flash_1.0-x64_Windows, flash 504040RMX2202export_11_A.16_2021101902310291 (The flasher is launched via the command line, there we select the region we want and then the first item under the number 0 so that it flashes clean)
    (I flash for the first time with the label IN-India (When I flash on the IN region for the first time with a flasher, the body fell into FastBoot in the process and the command line was waiting and the process did not go, then I drove it into FastBoot with the three buttons and the process continued.), activated the body, and flashed it over the same version, but with the tag RU-Russia.I think you can immediately flash on RU, skipping the step with flashing to IN, but here it is already according to your desire, if you want exactly like me, then do this)

7. Downloaded and installed all OTA updates. (You can download OTA update c16 in zip and flash through three points, after enabling developer mode)

8. IMPORTANT!!! lock the bootloader after all the updates, the phone itself wiped again, it is normal.

This was taken from another forum and translated in Google translate but I think you'll understand what is going on.
    Yes you should be good to go. Hopefully you face no problems.
    Your tutorial works perfectly, thank you very much! this CN ROM does not work the 5G ? I don't see the option to change the network type. App notifications work correctly?