Reverting Android 11 to Android 10 (Moto G Stylus) (XT2043-4)

Search This thread
May 1, 2021
Have you unlocked the bootloader?
And does the platform tools thing come with a boot loader or should I download the fastboot thing. I'll be honest. I really really hate to ask, but it wouldn't be too much trouble for you to guide me over the phone, would it? Doing all this doesn't seem like that hard of a process if someone knowledgeable can help. I don't want to burden u with anything extra, I just really really need some help with this. I know this is probably something that you don't normally do. U could call me off a burner number if it makes you more comfortable, and I already have one that you could call me on. I got my computer right here and everything else, I just need help from someone who knows what they're doing, that's all. It doesn't have to be today, it can be a day where you're available. You seem very knowledgeable, so I'm sure u could walk me through it in no time. I just really need your help. Unless you guys have like a tech support number or something lol. Like I said before, I really don't wanna burden you, but I'd really appreciate your help if you could offer it in this form.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
And does the platform tools thing come with a boot loader
No, you need to unlock the bootloader, not replace it.
or should I download the fastboot thing. I'll be honest. I really really hate to ask, but it wouldn't be too much trouble for you to guide me over the phone, would it? Doing all this doesn't seem like that hard of a process if someone knowledgeable can help. I don't want to burden u with anything extra, I just really really need some help with this. I know this is probably something that you don't normally do. U could call me off a burner number if it makes you more comfortable, and I already have one that you could call me on. I got my computer right here and everything else, I just need help from someone who knows what they're doing, that's all. It doesn't have to be today, it can be a day where you're available. You seem very knowledgeable, so I'm sure u could walk me through it in no time. I just really need your help. Unless you guys have like a tech support number or something lol. Like I said before, I really don't wanna burden you, but I'd really appreciate your help if you could offer it in this form.
You are making this way harder than it is.

Rootjunky made this video like 8 years ago, it's basically the same still.
Use the newer platform tools from google
just follow the first 11 mins, you don't want the custom recovery that is at the end.

May 1, 2021
No, you need to unlock the bootloader, not replace it.

You are making this way harder than it is.

Rootjunky made this video like 8 years ago, it's basically the same still.
Use the newer platform tools from google
just follow the first 11 mins, you don't want the custom recovery that is at the end.
You're right, I am making it harder than it probably is. Got a lot of busyness and personal problems goin on, on top of my phone being screwed up suddenly by Android 11 which makes everything even more annoying. But I'll check the vid out and try to focus and ask questions as needed. Thanks.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
... my phone being screwed up suddenly by Android 11 ...
It's possible that Android 11 didn't install correctly, it happens more often than you likely think.
You can use LMSA rescue to reflash, and that may fix the issues you are having.
You don't need to unlock the bootloader or install adb and drivers if using LMSA to reflash the current version.

May 1, 2021
It's possible that Android 11 didn't install correctly, it happens more often than you likely think.
You don't need to unlock the bootloader or install adb and drivers if using LMSA to reflash the current version.
Could be that it didn't install correctly. So this LMSA is basically like a refresh that'll put everything back in order, kinda sorta? I'll give it a try.

May 1, 2021
Gonna install it on my pc and see what I can do

May 1, 2021
[QUOTE="Subarashii-Nah, post: 8496...rget firmware that was already there or what?

May 1, 2021
2021-05-05_15.38.52.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Valid questions and answers on said topic.
    So, you said you have a XT2043-4
    Which is codename sofiap

You need to unlock the bootloader

Downgrading the android version with Moto firmware is always a risk.
    If you downgrade you need to disable updates, OTA updates could brick the device.

Once the bootloader is unlocked, find your
    Software Channel, it will be like, Retail, RetUS, Verizon, metroPC

You can find your firmware here
    https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/sofiap/official/

download. and Unzip it

Check if your device uses fastbootd

Flash option 1
    Find the flashfile.xml in the firmware folder
    and use the online flashfile converter to get the flash commands
    add the fastboot reboot fastboot commands if you have a fasbootd device.

Flash Option 2
    Install LMSA
    use the rescue option to download the current firmware for your device
    move the LMSA firmware to a different folder
    rename the Android 10 firmware folder to the same name as LMSA firmware.
    Move that folder to LMSA download folder
    Use the rescue option to flash renamed firmware.

There is no guarantee that either method will work, but they should.

On the phone
    Toggle off "install updates" option in Dev Options