Question Reverting from GrapheneOS

Search This thread

sabai27

Mar 17, 2011
I tried GrapheneOS and it's ok but too many compromises I have to make with several apps I'm using not working and small issues here and there.
Has anybody ever used Android Flash Tool to revert back from GrapheneOS to stock? If so, any issues?

Last edited:

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Can't wait to see more devs implement this system. My laptop is borked so it's really cool seeing such a simple alternative emerge
I would definitely love to see this with other manufacturers. I got a Windows ARM laptop that has become unresponsive in BIOS, meaning I can't tell the system to install a new Windows version via the Boot menu. Such a tool would save that device. It should be mandatory to offer decent web flashing tools.

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
I've been thinking of using GrapheneOS for a bit. What was some stuff that didn't work for you?
Most things work with Sandboxed Google Play. But a few things don't like Android Auto, Google Pay and Chromecast. But other than that, I haven't had anything not work. They are close to getting Android Auto to work if I remember correctly - and Google Games ( I don't use either but looks like release is imminent). Check the other GrapheneOS threads on here or you can message me if you have any specific questions.

One thing I recommend though, is to leave "oem unlocking" enabled on the device after locking your bootloader. that way if something goes wrong, you can flash factory image. You don't want to brick your new phone. (I always leave my bootloader completely unlocked but that's a personal preference and I know the risks).

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
In other words, only a bunch of proprietary closed source gooble spyware crap doesn't work. The best thing about going to graphene or other security minded distributions of AOSP, is specifically *to* eradicate all of that.

It can be difficult initially, to clear yourself of all the gooble spyware, but its worth it and you don't even notice it after you get used to it. You're just much more safe and secure.

Reactions: Alekos

Top Liked Posts