[REVIEW] Mi Band with Moto G

Search This thread

abhirulz94

Mar 30, 2012
New Delhi
So after the launch of mi band in china i was really excited as Xiaomi was entering the Indian market with its products but they didn't lauch it back then in december 2013. So I had to order it from Aliexpress which was a risk because it was my first purchase. I received the product and it was packed well. I believe we all know the feautres so I’ll skip it to make this thread short.

now coming to the review part.
Moto G has BT LE which is the only HW requirement needed to for this device to work and you need Android Lollipop to make the screen unlock feature to work. I downloaded the app from playstore and after several attempts i could not sign up so i opened the Xiaomi website and registered there first and then signed into the app which worked like a charm.
Now coming to the performance the battery really lasts for more than 30days, once i got 41days battery life, YES 41DAYS!!! The sensor works very well and it's *almost* accurate, now you ask why "almost" It’s because it sometime counts steps when I'm polishing shoes, cutting vegetables etc. so the solution I found to this issue was to wear it on my less active arm(left).
The app is very basic, you can see the number of steps and the time you slept with deep sleep time but doesn’t count if you take a nap in the day or evening. I found a very good feature that is if you raise your hand (like to see the time on your watch) it shows your progress with the LEDs that is 3 for goal reached, 2 for more than 50% and 1 for less than 50%. At times you won’t be able to update the content on your app and it will show not connected, the solution is turn off/on the BT and it works. The smart lock feature works 9/10 times. I have washed it and it's still working but obviously don't do it everyday.
Now if you need some extra features like checking weight, BMI and scoreboard which requires wechat as of now. I have requested the developer to inbuilt the scoreboard feature within the app. You can download the latest version from here
http://en.miui.com/thread-110066-1-1.html
After 7months of usage the band has got lots of scratches on it (not the sensor) and a change is required.
Conclusion:
I find the Mi Band a great companion for any fitness freak and it works very well with Moto G 2013. After using it for so long I can say that it’s completely a VALUE FOR MONEY PRODUCT. Just remember no product is perfect even the great nexus6 & iphone 6 has its pros and cons. If you are looking for a fitness tracker you can give it a try it won’t disappoint you.
You can buy it from here (India)
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/mi-band/p/itme86bfkxhzqcbv?pid=SBNE86BFAZT6GPGP&affid=ab23may94
If you have any questions you can ask! :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 496
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 503
  • 3.png
    3.png
    74 KB · Views: 495
  • 4.png
    4.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 462
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 409
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 414
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Reactions: knizmi and lost101

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
I look forward to seeing the next generation of this band and how accuracy improves.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So after the launch of mi band in china i was really excited as Xiaomi was entering the Indian market with its products but they didn't lauch it back then in december 2013. So I had to order it from Aliexpress which was a risk because it was my first purchase. I received the product and it was packed well. I believe we all know the feautres so I’ll skip it to make this thread short.

now coming to the review part.
    Moto G has BT LE which is the only HW requirement needed to for this device to work and you need Android Lollipop to make the screen unlock feature to work. I downloaded the app from playstore and after several attempts i could not sign up so i opened the Xiaomi website and registered there first and then signed into the app which worked like a charm.
    Now coming to the performance the battery really lasts for more than 30days, once i got 41days battery life, YES 41DAYS!!! The sensor works very well and it's *almost* accurate, now you ask why "almost" It’s because it sometime counts steps when I'm polishing shoes, cutting vegetables etc. so the solution I found to this issue was to wear it on my less active arm(left).
    The app is very basic, you can see the number of steps and the time you slept with deep sleep time but doesn’t count if you take a nap in the day or evening. I found a very good feature that is if you raise your hand (like to see the time on your watch) it shows your progress with the LEDs that is 3 for goal reached, 2 for more than 50% and 1 for less than 50%. At times you won’t be able to update the content on your app and it will show not connected, the solution is turn off/on the BT and it works. The smart lock feature works 9/10 times. I have washed it and it's still working but obviously don't do it everyday.
    Now if you need some extra features like checking weight, BMI and scoreboard which requires wechat as of now. I have requested the developer to inbuilt the scoreboard feature within the app. You can download the latest version from here
    http://en.miui.com/thread-110066-1-1.html
    After 7months of usage the band has got lots of scratches on it (not the sensor) and a change is required.
    Conclusion:
    I find the Mi Band a great companion for any fitness freak and it works very well with Moto G 2013. After using it for so long I can say that it’s completely a VALUE FOR MONEY PRODUCT. Just remember no product is perfect even the great nexus6 & iphone 6 has its pros and cons. If you are looking for a fitness tracker you can give it a try it won’t disappoint you.
    You can buy it from here (India)
    http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/mi-band/p/itme86bfkxhzqcbv?pid=SBNE86BFAZT6GPGP&affid=ab23may94
    If you have any questions you can ask! :D