[REVIEW]New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack

Search This thread

lionclaw

May 22, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-iCruiser-IMP1000-Blackberry/dp/B003ZBZ64Q/ref=pd_cp_e_1

$79.95 at Amazon

Purchasing this was a bit of a gamble. One person posting on the Amazon product forum indicated that it did not work on their Nook Color. However, that has not been my experience. The included retractable cable and microUSB adapter do charge the Nook, however my Nook would still discharge (at a slower than normal rate) while using it. While not in use (Nook on, screen off) the Nook does charge. If the Nook's USB cable is used instead of the retractable cable, it charges just fine, in use or not.

Considering the Nook's battery is not removable, the external battery pack makes a great addition while traveling.

I have yet to run the battery pack empty while charging both my EVO and NC, so I can't comment on just how much power you can expect to get out of this. If the capacities of the nook (4000mAh) and the pack (11000mAh) are accurate, and there is little to no losses in charging efficiency, you'd expect to get almost three full NC charges for one charge of the battery pack.

IMAG0261.jpg

Last edited:

pokey9000

Apr 17, 2007
Austin
I've had my eye on these though I don't travel quite enough to justify something that expensive. I have a now-discontinued APC 2000mAh pack that can charge my N1 with a little to spare. Although the NC (and the N1) slow charges from this pack, you can build a charge adapter that will make both charge at full power from any USB port. See this post.

What's the max charge current from this pack? If it can hit the 1.9A of the NC charger then an adapter would make this perfect.

lionclaw

May 22, 2010
I've had my eye on these though I don't travel quite enough to justify something that expensive. I have a now-discontinued APC 2000mAh pack that can charge my N1 with a little to spare. Although the NC (and the N1) slow charges from this pack, you can build a charge adapter that will make both charge at full power from any USB port. See this post.

What's the max charge current from this pack? If it can hit the 1.9A of the NC charger then an adapter would make this perfect.

The sticker on the pack indicates 5V 1A.

lionclaw

May 22, 2010
There is just one USB port. I believe the company makes another version with a USB port and a DC out port, but it has a smaller capacity and lower amperage outputs.