Review of Anker 60W 6-port desktop USB charger w/lots of pics!!!

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
This is a review of Anker 60W 6-port desktop USB charger. http://www.ianker.com/product/A2123111 , available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P936188/

It's very interesting how some gadgets become a very important part of our everyday life. I used to consider my smartphone, smartwatch, some headphones and audio players part of it, and now I added multi-port usb desktop charger to that list! When you have one or two devices to worry about - you can use individual wall charger. But considering an average household where you have at least 2-3 smartphones, a few tablets, wireless headsets, smartwatches, wireless speakers, portable video games, etc - you can end up covering every electric outlet with a wall charger spread around the house. A solution? Get yourself a multi-port desktop charger, preferably with an extended power chord for extra flexibility. Easy said than done because now you have to worry about being able to supply enough current to keep all the plugged in devices charging at the maximum speed. Do you want the best solution? Here is what I found.

I have reviewed Anker's previous 25W and 40W multi-port chargers, and also 60W charger from another company, but their latest 6-port 60W desktop USB charger simply the most efficient and compact solution to date. I'm not hyping it up, just stating the fact. You get a slick compact design, a bit larger than it's predecessors but still smaller and more compact than Bolse unit. You have a total of 60W of power which translates into 12A of current shared between 6 available full size USB ports. And the most important - PowerIQ technology which senses maximum sink of your connected device and sources up to 2.4A of current per port. Just keep in mind, you can't exceed a total of 12A, but still can have simultaneous connection of 5 latest iPads charging at full speed of 2.4A per port!!! Or combination of 6 different devices with up to 2A per port all at the same time.

This is just a no brainer, for under $36 you are getting the most powerful and compact desktop charger able to supply a whooping 12A of current across 6 smart ports. Plus, you are getting 18-month warranty and top notch support. Also, I want to mention that I appreciate how Anker is constantly trying to update their packaging to cut down on waste. This time they have instructions printed inside of external packaging sleeve - just brilliant! Overall, in my opinion this is one of those "must have" devices that you need in your house. I have 40W 5 port charger on the first floor of our house and this new 60W 6 port charger going upstairs to get us covered around the house.

Here are the pics.

anker_60w-6port-01_zps9dd574e3.jpg

anker_60w-6port-02_zps53833543.jpg

anker_60w-6port-03_zps03c25231.jpg

anker_60w-6port-04_zpsd550f786.jpg

anker_60w-6port-05_zpsaeb89734.jpg

anker_60w-6port-06_zps253fd86f.jpg

anker_60w-6port-07_zps2fbb901a.jpg

anker_60w-6port-08_zpsa101a3d5.jpg

anker_60w-6port-09_zps8d37ce25.jpg

anker_60w-6port-10_zps1d443543.jpg

anker_60w-6port-11_zpse4493b36.jpg

anker_60w-6port-12_zpse8ed8e1e.jpg

Reactions: Allmaybe

dealova2008

May 31, 2014
Underpowered

I just test this 60W Anker, but unfortunately it was underpowered. My power banks draw much less current than if I'm using Samsung 2A wall charger. Anker claims that each port are capable of 2.4A, it's far from the truth. Now, I understand why reviewers didn't want test the outputs by using charger doctor.

Attachments

• IMG_20150219_102748.jpg
    IMG_20150219_102748.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,309
  • IMG_20150219_103041.jpg
    IMG_20150219_103041.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,359
  • IMG_20150219_103246.jpg
    IMG_20150219_103246.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,359

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I just test this 60W Anker, but unfortunately it was underpowered. My power banks draw much less current than if I'm using Samsung 2A wall charger. Anker claims that each port are capable of 2.4A, it's far from the truth. Now, I understand why reviewers didn't want test the outputs by using charger doctor.

I didn't use Charger Doctor because it's very inaccurate. As I mentioned in my Charger Doctor review, it's helpful to use it for relative comparison rather than accurate measurement. I'm actually a bit surprised you can read 2.14A from Samsung wall charger. Isn't that 2A charger? And they don't even supply exactly 2A but rather 1.8A due to efficiency conversion drop.

I'm gonna try to remember taking some measurements when I get back home, using both Sammy wall charger and Anker 60W charger and Charger Doctor.

Also keep in mind, the charger will provide (source) as much current as the connected device needs (sinks). Anker wall chargers and their ext batteries use smart IC that adjusts the current according to how much devices sinks. Have you run the same experiment charging up your phone or a tablet? Charging an external battery is NOT a good test because some batteries have variable charging speed preventing them from overheating and when it gets close to full, ext battery enters a trickle stage of a slow charging at reduced current.

Reactions: dealova2008

dealova2008

May 31, 2014
Anker 60W 6-port vs Samsung 2A wall chargers

I agreed that this charger doctor might not accurate, but with Samsung 2A wall charger (ex-S4) and Xiaomi power banks (Input = 2A) it will show exactly 2.1A :) Proven by others as well :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBkyEQF4Tg8
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-xiaomis-10400mah-mi-power-bank-review-and-teardown-s14-crazy
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-xiaomi-5200mah-mi-power-bank-review-what-you-get-s9
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/revi...view-get-it-if-you-need-charge-2-devices-fast

You're right, this meter is only for comparison, but at least we can talk in the same language by using the same meter.

Last edited:

juming

May 12, 2009
Instead using other cable, Mi powerbank will draw power best using cable that come with it, just try it using charger doctor.

Ralse

Mar 1, 2013
How much noise do these things make?
With every chinacharger on the market I have had noise issues.
They make a very high squeeking noise which drives me insane at night.
It's difficult to hear if your just doing things or talking, but when it's quiet I hear a buzzing or a high squeaking noise.

dealova2008

May 31, 2014
Not compatible with Xiaomi power banks ?

I'm very grateful if you could test to recharge your Xiaomi power bank as mine only tops @1.5A :crying:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
I'm very grateful if you could test to recharge your Xiaomi power bank as mine only tops @1.5A :crying:

Sorry man, been busy with a lot of reviews.

I just tried it with different Anker chargers and Choetech and some other brands, and it always charges somewhere between 1.3A and 1.5A, not just Anker but others as well. They all use smart IQ charging chip, and I think Xiaomi bank has a variable charging speed, since I see the charging current varying. And as my original test showed, original Samsung wall charger gives the fastest charging speed.

Reactions: dealova2008

dealova2008

May 31, 2014

I just tried it with different Anker chargers and Choetech and some other brands, and it always charges somewhere between 1.3A and 1.5A, not just Anker but others as well. They all use smart IQ charging chip, and I think Xiaomi bank has a variable charging speed, since I see the charging current varying. And as my original test showed, original Samsung wall charger gives the fastest charging speed.

Thanks....I really appreciated it ! Keep posting :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a review of Anker 60W 6-port desktop USB charger. http://www.ianker.com/product/A2123111 , available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P936188/

It's very interesting how some gadgets become a very important part of our everyday life. I used to consider my smartphone, smartwatch, some headphones and audio players part of it, and now I added multi-port usb desktop charger to that list! When you have one or two devices to worry about - you can use individual wall charger. But considering an average household where you have at least 2-3 smartphones, a few tablets, wireless headsets, smartwatches, wireless speakers, portable video games, etc - you can end up covering every electric outlet with a wall charger spread around the house. A solution? Get yourself a multi-port desktop charger, preferably with an extended power chord for extra flexibility. Easy said than done because now you have to worry about being able to supply enough current to keep all the plugged in devices charging at the maximum speed. Do you want the best solution? Here is what I found.

I have reviewed Anker's previous 25W and 40W multi-port chargers, and also 60W charger from another company, but their latest 6-port 60W desktop USB charger simply the most efficient and compact solution to date. I'm not hyping it up, just stating the fact. You get a slick compact design, a bit larger than it's predecessors but still smaller and more compact than Bolse unit. You have a total of 60W of power which translates into 12A of current shared between 6 available full size USB ports. And the most important - PowerIQ technology which senses maximum sink of your connected device and sources up to 2.4A of current per port. Just keep in mind, you can't exceed a total of 12A, but still can have simultaneous connection of 5 latest iPads charging at full speed of 2.4A per port!!! Or combination of 6 different devices with up to 2A per port all at the same time.

This is just a no brainer, for under $36 you are getting the most powerful and compact desktop charger able to supply a whooping 12A of current across 6 smart ports. Plus, you are getting 18-month warranty and top notch support. Also, I want to mention that I appreciate how Anker is constantly trying to update their packaging to cut down on waste. This time they have instructions printed inside of external packaging sleeve - just brilliant! Overall, in my opinion this is one of those "must have" devices that you need in your house. I have 40W 5 port charger on the first floor of our house and this new 60W 6 port charger going upstairs to get us covered around the house.

Here are the pics.

anker_60w-6port-01_zps9dd574e3.jpg

anker_60w-6port-02_zps53833543.jpg

anker_60w-6port-03_zps03c25231.jpg

anker_60w-6port-04_zpsd550f786.jpg

anker_60w-6port-05_zpsaeb89734.jpg

anker_60w-6port-06_zps253fd86f.jpg

anker_60w-6port-07_zps2fbb901a.jpg

anker_60w-6port-08_zpsa101a3d5.jpg

anker_60w-6port-09_zps8d37ce25.jpg

anker_60w-6port-10_zps1d443543.jpg

anker_60w-6port-11_zpse4493b36.jpg

anker_60w-6port-12_zpse8ed8e1e.jpg

I didn't use Charger Doctor because it's very inaccurate. As I mentioned in my Charger Doctor review, it's helpful to use it for relative comparison rather than accurate measurement. I'm actually a bit surprised you can read 2.14A from Samsung wall charger. Isn't that 2A charger? And they don't even supply exactly 2A but rather 1.8A due to efficiency conversion drop.

I'm gonna try to remember taking some measurements when I get back home, using both Sammy wall charger and Anker 60W charger and Charger Doctor.

Also keep in mind, the charger will provide (source) as much current as the connected device needs (sinks). Anker wall chargers and their ext batteries use smart IC that adjusts the current according to how much devices sinks. Have you run the same experiment charging up your phone or a tablet? Charging an external battery is NOT a good test because some batteries have variable charging speed preventing them from overheating and when it gets close to full, ext battery enters a trickle stage of a slow charging at reduced current.