ash_nabil

Jan 7, 2021
Last month I got my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G(European Version). I was a bit disappointed with the battery life and also not being able to record phone calls. Soon I found out that Xiaomi with global roms/EEA roms don't come with call recording feature anymore. I wanted to have recording functionalities without Rooting the phone, so decided to unlock the boot loader and flash a custom rom. Technically Rooting is just a step away after unlocking the boot-loader, but I did not root my phone.

After unlocking the boot loader i tried flashing(fastboot method) 3 different ROMS and got following result:
  1. Installed Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G ROM which is a China based ROM. It installed fine no issue but the camera didn't work(Camera couldn't focus). It wasn't unexpected as Mi 10T Lite 5G and Note 9 Pro 5G's camera systems are different; though I took a chance to see if it works as they both have same gauguin named ROMS.
  2. Tried installing the global version ROM of Mi 10T Lite 5G but installation kept failing. Can't remember the exact error code but I could not install the global version.
  3. Finally, Installed the Xiaomi.eu ROM for Mi 10T Lite 5G everything is working well so far and here is what I found:
Downloaded the ROM from Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G Custom ROM(Xiaomi.eu)

The ROM feels much faster than the stock ROM. It is slightly updated than the stock ROM as it is based on the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G Chinese ROM which has MIUI 12.0.7

Screenshot_2021-01-07-18-17-27-330_com.android.settings.jpg

And Call recording works as it has MIUI dialer and Messaging App.

Screenshot_2021-01-07-18-08-13-817_com.android.incallui.jpg

Battery performance is MUCH better than the stock ROM as it does not have any ads or any bloatware. Moreover I also got rid of other apps that I don't need through using Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tool

Screenshot_2021-01-07-18-20-41-610_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Slightly makeover in Security App

Screenshot_2021-01-07-18-23-53-708_com.miui.cleanmaster.jpg

Overall, I am very happy with this Xiaomi.eu ROM for Mi 10T Lite 5G. The phone feels much smoother and faster. Also I don't get to see annoying ads (though you can disable ads in Stock ROM by turning of Recommendation/MSI) and reduced bloatware has definite effect on improved battery life.

Last edited:
Reactions: wallah

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Thanks for the report/review. Does this ROM support encryption? It can be viewed for example in "Settings -> Passwords & security -> Privacy -> Encryption & credentials -> Encrypt phone".

Reactions: ash_nabil

2cyrano2

Jan 12, 2013
Thinking on trying Xiaomi.eu (link on first post).
Anything I should be aware of and will I loose all my settings when I flash it via fastboot?
Thank you.

ash_nabil

Jan 7, 2021
Thinking on trying Xiaomi.eu (link on first post).
Anything I should be aware of and will I loose all my settings when I flash it via fastboot?
Thank you.
Yes it will wipe off your phone. Make sure to take back up first. Apart from that, there aren't anything that you need be aware of.

jdtanner

Sep 1, 2007
Last month I got my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G(European Version). I was a bit disappointed with the battery life and also not being able to record phone calls. Soon I found out that Xiaomi with global roms/EEA roms don't come with call recording feature anymore. I wanted to have recording functionalities without Rooting the phone, so decided to unlock the boot loader and flash a custom rom. Technically Rooting is just a step away after unlocking the boot-loader, but I did not root my phone.

After unlocking the boot loader i tried flashing(fastboot method) 3 different ROMS and got following result:
  1. Installed Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G ROM which is a China based ROM. It installed fine no issue but the camera didn't work(Camera couldn't focus). It wasn't unexpected as Mi 10T Lite 5G and Note 9 Pro 5G's camera systems are different; though I took a chance to see if it works as they both have same gauguin named ROMS.
  2. Tried installing the global version ROM of Mi 10T Lite 5G but installation kept failing. Can't remember the exact error code but I could not install the global version.
  3. Finally, Installed the Xiaomi.eu ROM for Mi 10T Lite 5G everything is working well so far and here is what I found:

The ROM feels much faster than the stock ROM. It is slightly updated than the stock ROM as it is based on the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G Chinese ROM which has MIUI 12.0.7

View attachment 5180515

View attachment 5180495

Battery performance is MUCH better than the stock ROM as it does not have any ads or any bloatware. Moreover I also got rid of other apps that I don't need through using Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tool

View attachment 5180517

View attachment 5180521

Overall, I am very happy with this Xiaomi.eu ROM for Mi 10T Lite 5G. The phone feels much smoother and faster. Also I don't get to see annoying ads (though you can disable ads in Stock ROM by turning of Recommendation/MSI) and reduced bloatware has definite effect on improved battery life.
Hiya,

Do you fancy pulling together some instructions for the rest of us to follow? Nice review, thank you :)

John

rafsteam

Jul 10, 2018

View attachment 5180515

View attachment 5180495

View attachment 5180517

View attachment 5180521

Also I have noticed that the quick settings layout is not being saved. It resets after reboot. And it is not Google Play Store certified. Should be fixed after Xiaomi will release the next stable update.

ash_nabil

Jan 7, 2021
Hiya,

Do you fancy pulling together some instructions for the rest of us to follow? Nice review, thank you :)

John
Here are some institution that people interested in flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM can follow:

1. Bootloader has to be unlocked first. Without it custom ROM can't be flashed. Unlocking bootloader will void the warranty.
  2. Refer to Xiaomi.eu flashing guidelines. Simply visit Xiaomi.eu and there are bunch of useful information on "How to" section.
  3. Once unlocked, download the compatible ROM for your device in your computer. For this review I downloaded fastboot ROM from the link below: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...12.0.7.0.QJSCNXM_v12-10-fastboot.zip/download
  4. You will need Xiaomi flash tool to flash the ROM. This process will remove all data from your phone.
  5. I suggest watching some YouTube tutorial on how to flash Xiaomi fastboot ROM. For example here is one video
  6. After flashing the phone successfully, it will restart and you will need to setup your phone from the scratch.
  7. If all goes without any problems you hav now a fantastic custom ROM without any adds or bloatwares. You can get rid of even more apps by using some uninstall tools for Xiaomi. An useful video for this
Basically fastboot flashing isn't very complex process if you know what you are doing, but again there are always risk of bricking your device if steps are not followed correctly. However, to help you with that there are literally hundreds of tutorials/blogs on how to use fastboot method safely in your Xiaomi device. You can let me know if you have any questions related to flashing, I will try to answer.

Happy flashing!

Reactions: jdtanner

ash_nabil

Jan 7, 2021
Also I have noticed that the quick settings layout is not being saved. It resets after reboot. And it is not Google Play Store certified. Should be fixed after Xiaomi will release the next stable update.
Interesting point. I haven't faced this issue yet. Strange one! I will see if I can replicate the issue. One thing I noticed, gesture navigation does not have app swapping option by sliding the edge off the screen and hold it to switch to previous app.

abrahamjones

Dec 22, 2014
I am on latest stable Miui 12 rom (Mi 10T, Xiaomi.eu). Netflix is not in Play Store, I downloaded another version. Gallery keeps crashing. All good apart from those.

ash_nabil

Jan 7, 2021
I am on latest stable Miui 12 rom (Mi 10T, Xiaomi.eu). Netflix is not in Play Store, I downloaded another version. Gallery keeps crashing. All good apart from those.
Same here! Because it's not play protect certified :(

Surprisingly the first version that I installed before this latest update, was play protect certified.