General Reviews Are in on the Xperia Pro-i

Search This thread

elwuero

i switched to capture 1 from lightroom/ps because i didn’t want to pay a subscription anymore. but what happened to me at least, i would be forced to update capture 1 every year because they totally abandon previous versions and i tend to buy new cameras and the older versions don’t support the new cameras. either way im paying monthly or yearly. adobe seems to be the quickest to support new cameras. dxo is good too, i have purchased many versions but you basically have to update each year again if you have anything new. and dxo is very slow to add new camera support.

marcus01432

Nov 11, 2021
Sony Xperia 10
Sony Xperia 1
i switched to capture 1 from lightroom/ps because i didn’t want to pay a subscription anymore. but what happened to me at least, i would be forced to update capture 1 every year because they totally abandon previous versions and i tend to buy new cameras and the older versions don’t support the new cameras. either way im paying monthly or yearly. adobe seems to be the quickest to support new cameras. dxo is good too, i have purchased many versions but you basically have to update each year again if you have anything new. and dxo is very slow to add new camera support.
I agree completely. I tried GIMP(?) but it was like learning an Sanskrit. I did try Lightroom, but found Lightroom changes the colors and structure of the photos. It was amazing how bad it was. Then, I have never been an Adobe fan. I do not like subscription services. What do you recommend for a light handed video editor?

elwuero

I agree completely. I tried GIMP(?) but it was like learning an Sanskrit. I did try Lightroom, but found Lightroom changes the colors and structure of the photos. It was amazing how bad it was. Then, I have never been an Adobe fan. I do not like subscription services. What do you recommend for a light handed video editor?
i have used vegas, premiere and fcp. if you have a mac (if not you should) you can use imovie for free. if you use windows (my apologies to you) then premiere elements will be your best option. i use fcp.

marcus01432

Nov 11, 2021
Sony Xperia 10
Sony Xperia 1
i have used vegas, premiere and fcp. if you have a mac (if not you should) you can use imovie for free. if you use windows (my apologies to you) then premiere elements will be your best option. i use fcp.
iMovie it is then. I've had a Mac of one kind or another since 1994. Since 2012 I've had the same refurbished MacMini Intel Core i7. This Mini was not doing 2021. I wasted a LOT of time (weeks) with a friend who tried to diagnose the Mini ills from Boston. Haven't told her that CleanMyMac fixed whatever the problem was. I loaded Catalina onto the Mini in October of 2021 and that seemed to help too. The ancient thing is like new. OK, so like new in '22 ain't that great on a 2012 machine.... but... I'm not doing heavy duty work these days with two screens blazing, databases firing away and multiple programs open at the same time.

Reactions: elwuero

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the phone is shipping, review s are coming in.
    1. Android Authority is using a pre-production model here I think: https://www.androidauthority.com/sony-xperia-pro-i-review-3061123/
    2. Digital Camera World is spending more time with the phone and will update the review: https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/sony-xperia-pro-i-review
    3. Never heard of magazine. But then everyone has an opinion. https://www.jioforme.com/sony-xperia-pro-i-review-hands-on/968762/

There is also the GSM Arena Review, a site I follow daily. https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_pro_i-review-2353.php

I'll be interested to see what Notebookcheck.com and DXO have to say. Juan Carlos Bagnell, The Gadget Guy has interesting points of view. I do like his perspective. About the Pro-i he said many reviewers underestimate the skill level of a significant segment of the buying public in their reviews. Not all of us will be overwhelmed by the camera apps on the phone. And all the reviews say the battery life is OK. Then there is the price.... well that's a different story and soooooo Sony.

Let's take these reviews with a grain of salt.
    Just got sony pro i two days ago. Def a learning curve gut very happy so far. Battery life not bad. Coming from p40 Pro plus.
    Damn. Now you have me reconsidering again. I will want to hear what you think on 1 iii, please. The battery life on the 1 III scares me a bit. Agree that the bigger sensor (well maybe not bigger, but better quality sensor) will take better pictures.

Photos and high quality audio are important to me. The mid range Xiaomi I have takes very nice photos. The phone was recommended by 4 different sites at the time of purchase. The Xiaomi Note 10 Pro also has great battery life. (DXO still has it rated at 121 under their old ranking system. Better than many new phones and I think the Xperia 1 iii.) It did teach me I don't need a flagship level phone to be happy. (I am not a gamer.)

GSM Arena and the other techie websites do pump up the big brands and tilt the discussion to the big phone manufacturers. I mean they have even justified no memory cards or 3.5 inch jack just because Apple decided to monetize those parts of the phone. I don't mind GSM because GSM has phone specs in a handy compare utility. I do like Notebookcheck. Although Notebookcheck is dumbing down lately too.

Somebody please start a mobile phone review satire web site.
    unfortunately i can’t comment on battery life. the 1iii is not my main smartphone. i carry it with me everyday as my camera, but i do almost everything else on my other phone. as a camera phone, having the dedicated shutter button is so nice. for me that makes it a must have device. i had a samsung s21 ultra and a vivo x60 pro plus. and an iPhone 13 pm. i love gadgets. all of them shoot good photos especially if you know how to use a camera. the sony is the only phone with a camera like interface. i got great photos and bad photos from all of them.

honestly, when i look through my photos i can immediately notice a huge difference in image quality when i come across a photo shot on my full frame camera. these camera phones can’t even come close. with the pro-i i am hoping the image quality is above and beyond the other smartphones i have used. i realize its probably not going to be much better, but as my pocket camera no other smartphone has a dedicated shutter button, a lanyard attachment point, a headphone jack with a good hi res dac, a slot for a memory card and a variable aperture. i also like the slim leather case that doesn't block the sides of the phone. whatever comes out from the other manufacturers, i know they won’t be tempting.
    Thank you again for continuing the chat and sharing the pictures. It is like I am looking at a roll of pictures I take. I take lots of the same subject to get one or two photos that really work. I must say you took a lot of pictures in very difficult lighting at night and gray days outside. I am quite impressed with the phone and photos. I quote in one that says "offline is the new luxury". Hahaha....

Questions: These are handheld? Are the purple or red lighting colors of the displays of gifts or Christmas decorations accurate to the displays? Did you edit the pictures? What shooting mode did you use, auto or manual? What do YOU think of the Sony shutter button? How have you found battery life? Have you had over-heating issues?
    The Teardown Xperia Pro-i video.