Revision3 [I605VRALJB]

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
About The ROM
Revision is based on I605VRALJB. Also, it's been specifically designed to be the most stable image to fall back on before or after flashing kernels, recoveries or ROMs. It will put your device into the MOST working condition possible currently. The only more possibly stable image would be the one your device came with and we don't have that.

What is Revision?
Revision is a stepping stone. It puts your device into a relatively stock, and known working condition.

Tweaks
I added the following tweaks to the ROM for usability and hackability.
Carrier Unlocked for AT&T network.
Rooted with ERD Chainfire's SuperSU
Bash
Busybox
i2cdetect, i2cdump, i2cget, i2cset
ipctool
strace
tcmpdump
viewmem
PARAMS: UART Logging Increased
PARAMS: UART Root Prompt at battery charging
PARAMS: UART Shell terminal during normal operations

The PARAMS will be available in a future CASUAL application for testing.

Download Revision3 ROM repacked

Troubleshooting
Windows users: First uninstall PDANET drivers, then install Samsung Kies.

Here's some notes I wanted to record:
Uncompressing a Samsung System image
Code:
./ext4_utils/simg2img ./originalsystem.img ./working.img
Compressing a Samsung Image
Code:
sync; sudo ./ext4_utils/make_ext4fs -s -l 1792M -a ./temp ./system.img /path/to/mounted image
Create a tar.md5.gz file from a set of images..
Code:
tar -H ustar -c boot.img hidden.img modem.bin param.bin recovery.img system.img tz.img sboot.bin>./Revision1.tar;sync  md5sum Revision1.tar >> Revision1.tar; mv Revision1.tar Revision1.tar.md5; sync; gzip Revision1.tar.md5 -c -v >Revision1.tar.md5.gz;
the tools are available on the internet.

Revision1: initial release
Revision2: Fixed Baseband issue. The PARAMS were to blame for this. Removed features to add functionality.
Revision3: Carrier Unlock for AT&T.. needs more work to get rid of Verizon warning. Thanks Joder for the APN info.
Revision3 repacked: apparently there was an issue with the uploaded Revision3. Repacked is a properly repackaged version of Revision3.

Last edited:

TechBSwift

Jul 14, 2010
Thanks Adam for all your hard work. You and Beans are the first devs I ever donated to, and you wont be the last. I really appreciate the all the hard work devs put into this.

So what's the next step? Does this help you understand the bootloader?

thunderbread

May 30, 2011
Orlando
i flashed in odin and now i have no service nor 4g it is simply stuck at the activation screen in setup wizard......any ideas. thanks in advance.

nutpn

Dec 30, 2010
ALABAMA
welp dont know

welp Adam yours kept saying tryn to activate,so I went back odin the others and now the other 2 does also is saying tryn to activate,sounds like I am gonna have to call and see if my sim card has to be reactivated,but I am gonna let it set overnite just to make sure...........

thunderbread

May 30, 2011
Orlando
Yeah mine isnt doing anything. Tried to Odin back and still nothing. Just sits at activation screen. Anybody have any ideas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

bgolden84

Sep 24, 2009
franklin N.C:
Has any one tried the bypass activation like we did on the s3?
on select a language screen, press lower left corner, lower right corner, lower left corner, lower right then volume up
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

nutpn

Dec 30, 2010
ALABAMA
Mine finally just stopped tryn to activate and gave me a number to call and i have wifi,, but the answer to question on imei is there is no imei number, no baseband, all says unknown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About The ROM
    Revision is based on I605VRALJB. Also, it's been specifically designed to be the most stable image to fall back on before or after flashing kernels, recoveries or ROMs. It will put your device into the MOST working condition possible currently. The only more possibly stable image would be the one your device came with and we don't have that.

What is Revision?
    Revision is a stepping stone. It puts your device into a relatively stock, and known working condition.

Tweaks
    I added the following tweaks to the ROM for usability and hackability.
    Carrier Unlocked for AT&T network.
    Rooted with ERD Chainfire's SuperSU
    Bash
    Busybox
    i2cdetect, i2cdump, i2cget, i2cset
    ipctool
    strace
    tcmpdump
    viewmem
    PARAMS: UART Logging Increased
    PARAMS: UART Root Prompt at battery charging
    PARAMS: UART Shell terminal during normal operations

The PARAMS will be available in a future CASUAL application for testing.

Download Revision3 ROM repacked

Troubleshooting
    Windows users: First uninstall PDANET drivers, then install Samsung Kies.

Here's some notes I wanted to record:
    Uncompressing a Samsung System image
    Code:
    ./ext4_utils/simg2img ./originalsystem.img ./working.img
    Compressing a Samsung Image
    Code:
    sync; sudo ./ext4_utils/make_ext4fs -s -l 1792M -a ./temp ./system.img /path/to/mounted image
    Create a tar.md5.gz file from a set of images..
    Code:
    tar -H ustar -c boot.img hidden.img modem.bin param.bin recovery.img system.img tz.img sboot.bin>./Revision1.tar;sync  md5sum Revision1.tar >> Revision1.tar; mv Revision1.tar Revision1.tar.md5; sync; gzip Revision1.tar.md5 -c -v >Revision1.tar.md5.gz;
    the tools are available on the internet.

Revision1: initial release
    Revision2: Fixed Baseband issue. The PARAMS were to blame for this. Removed features to add functionality.
    Revision3: Carrier Unlock for AT&T.. needs more work to get rid of Verizon warning. Thanks Joder for the APN info.
    Revision3 repacked: apparently there was an issue with the uploaded Revision3. Repacked is a properly repackaged version of Revision3.
    Guys, will you please stop arguing.. I screwed up. I don't have service with Verizon to test. I'll see what I need to fix and fix it tonight. There will be a Revision2 ROM. It may be the PARAMS.. but I don't know for sure. I will see what it takes to get the baseband back.

Adam
    Now that this crazy rollercoaster ride is over, what's next in the pipeline? Seems we have some solid backup plans in case phones get borked. How do we(really you) attack the bootloader?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    The plans are laid out, executed, and now the task is making things safe. Ralekdev and myself put a special ethical interest in this. It may or may not require a slight hardware modification. I won't say anything about this until Wednesday morning. Come hell or high water, bootloaders will be unlocked Wednessday morning and you can watch it on XDATV. Personally, I'd rather have Samsung leak an unlocked bootloader because this is too powerful.
    I vncd into my home computer. Im uploading revision3 repacked now.
    Uploaded Revision3 Repacked.
    Revision3 is now available. It includes Carrier Unlock for use with AT&T. I'm now using this as an AT&T device :)

Guys this isn't a rom like you think it is, I think this was created as a plan b if you borked your device while flashing something. ( I think that's what interpreted from the op)

Sent from my rooted galaxy note 2... U mad?
    That was Revision1. It was just enough to get my device running again for use as a stepping-stone. Revision2&3 include usability tweaks.

However, Revision3 WILL NOT be as badass as other ROMs on this forum. It's just something your average modder will want to keep around as a Baseline flashing package. It establishes a baseline with things you will need to jump out of Verizon Stock.