ReVolt JB ROM Official Help Thread & FAQ

Search This thread

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org

nexus4.png

Welcome to the Official ReVolt ROM Helping Thread. Here you can ask Questions, go through Frequently Asked Questions and ask about anything in the ROM itself !

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q1: Is ReVolt ROM based on AOKP or CM or PA ?

ReVolt ROM is based on AOKP Sources with Cherrypicks from CyanogenMod and Paranoid Android

Q2: Is ReVolt ROM open-sourced

ReVolt ROM sources can be found at GitHub

Q3: How can I play with the DPI ?

--You can change the Per-app-DPI so therefore changing the DPI for specific apps using the following steps:
**FIRST OF ALL : All credits in this go to Rovo89 For his AWESOME work with Xposed Frameworks & Modules**
-Follow these steps:
1- Install Xposed Frameworks
2- Reboot
3- Enable Per-App-DPI Module from Xposed Modules app (Located in Settings App)
4- Open Per-App-DPI app and choose the application you want to change then change DPI, Language, Resolution, Tablet then save and restart app
5-You're done !

--You can also change the DPI for the entire thing by opening the Settings app then going to the DPI Customizing section in it and following the steps there ... Put in mind that NOT ALL APPS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THIS !!

Q4: How to Enable Pie ?

Go to Settings => Customizations => Pie Control => Enable it and customize the Settings you want for it
After that just swipe from the location you selected PIE from to see it and use it

Q5: How to Enable Expanded Desktop Mode ?

Go to Settings => Customizations => Expanded Desktop => Enable it then open Power Menu and select it

Q6: How to Enable Chronus ?

On the Lock Screen swipe to the left to add a new widget, slect LockClock (Chronus) then add it . To customize it, go to Settings => Customizations => cLock => Customize !

Q7: How to Flash ReVolt JB Rom to my Nexus 4 ?

1- Root your device
2- Install a custom Recovery (Like TWRP)
3- Download latest ReVolt JB ROM build
4- Reboot to Recovery
5- Make a Nandroid (backup)
6- Wipe Data
7- Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache
8- Install the ReVolt ROM Build you downloaded
9- Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache
-IF INSTALLING A NIGHTLY-
10- Install Latest Google Apps
11- Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache
12- Reboot into System
13- Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

Q8: Which Google Apps should I flash?

ReVolt ROM is based on Android 4.2.2 AOKP so you would need to flash either the Google apps from Goo.im (HERE) OR BaNks Google Apps (HERE)

Q9: How to add Lockscreen Shortcuts ?

Go to Settings => Customizations => Lockscreen Shortcuts => Select whatever you want

Q10: "Enabling Lockscreen shortcut for Camera opens Gallery"

This is because Camera and Gallery are both one app so when it opens, it opens the Gallery

Q11: How to change the Font Size for the whole system

Go to Settings => Customizations => Font Size => Change to 80% or 120% then Reboot

Q12: How to enable Multi User ?

Go to Settings => Users => Add and customize users from here then switch between users from Lockscreen

Q13: "Colors are Vivid in this ROM, Is there a tweak added ?"

Thanks to molesarecoming, There is a color Tweaks added to the ROM's Kernel (Fauz123's enhanced_stock kernel) making the colors calibrated. Also the Auto-Brightness Fix is added to the ROM to make sure everything is good !

Q14: "APN Issues"

This is a bug that I am working on fixing

Q15: How to enable Status Bar Transparency

Go to ROM Control => General User Interface => Transparency Settings and edit to whatever you want

Q16: "I can not add a Google account"

NEVER forget to install Google Apps

Q17: Where can I get the Latest Changelog

You can get them from Here

Q18: How to enable Dual Panel on X app ?

Thanks to nateysmith's steps :
1- Enable dual panel
2- Select the app you would like to configure in per app settings
3- Enable the settings
4- Set dpi to 220 or less
5- Change default to 600x1024 or greater depending on your preference.
6- Enable Tablet
7- Save settings
8- Select yes to kill app

More Questions are to be added as they are asked ... Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

Last edited:

nateysmith

Aug 26, 2010
Utah
So, how do I get dual panel enabled in apps as well? Any thing I am missing? I am changing DPI to 240 and checking tablet. It still doesn't change. I have tried without checking tablet too.

nateysmith

Aug 26, 2010
Utah
Do I also have to enable tablet? I already have dual panel enabled. Just not working in the email app. It does show dual panel in the email settings though.

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
Do I also have to enable tablet? I already have dual panel enabled. Just not working in the email app. It does show dual panel in the email settings though.

Enable Tablet, set DPI to 180 ... If it didn't work then ALSO enable Dual Panel in ROM Control .... Also, don't forget that you have to kill the app to see changes ... Also did you enable the module "ReVolt Per-App-DPI" in Xposed Modules ?

nateysmith

Aug 26, 2010
Utah
Ok, so I figured it out. Just thought I would post this to help anyone else that sees the issue.

1. Enable dual panel
2. Select the app you would like to configure in per app settings
3. Enable the settings
4. Set dpi to 220 or less
5. Change default to 600x1024 or greater depending on your preference.
6. Save settings
7. Select yes to kill app

You're done and you should see dual panel mode in the app!

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
Ok, so I figured it out. Just thought I would post this to help anyone else that sees the issue.

1. Enable dual panel
3. Enable the settings
6. Save settings

Added it to the OP !

Reactions: alexlucho

nateysmith

Aug 26, 2010
Utah
I also would add that you should check the tablet box. I just tested without that checked and it didn't do dual panel without it. Thanks for adding it to the OP!

nastypc

Dec 9, 2010
Expanded desktop

When in expanded desktop to use pie controls is there a way that one's status bar / notification / toggles can be displayed / accessed. Or is the only way to swipe chevrons. Thank you.

Last edited:

MADevil666

Oct 13, 2012
Don't try to flash the last nightly (04-19-13) . The size of the file is only 30 Mo !
So wait for the next Nightly build, or a re-upload of the full file ?

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
Does this ROM use Xposed or PA's Hybrid system to manage DPI for apps? I saw the feature list mentioning Xposed, but the latest changelog mentions the removal of Xposed?

Ansik

Oct 1, 2012
Hello, I'm fairly new to this whole ordeal so please show patience! I looked at your ROM for the nexus 4 and liked it a lot but I was somewhat annoyed by the batterylife icon you had, couldn't see it mentioned anywhere though so I was wondering if that icon is something that you have added afterwards (that's not part of the rom) or if it's easy to switch it out for me once the rom is installed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

nexus4.png

Welcome to the Official ReVolt ROM Helping Thread. Here you can ask Questions, go through Frequently Asked Questions and ask about anything in the ROM itself !

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q1: Is ReVolt ROM based on AOKP or CM or PA ?

ReVolt ROM is based on AOKP Sources with Cherrypicks from CyanogenMod and Paranoid Android

Q2: Is ReVolt ROM open-sourced

ReVolt ROM sources can be found at GitHub

Q3: How can I play with the DPI ?

--You can change the Per-app-DPI so therefore changing the DPI for specific apps using the following steps:
    **FIRST OF ALL : All credits in this go to Rovo89 For his AWESOME work with Xposed Frameworks & Modules**
    -Follow these steps:
    1- Install Xposed Frameworks
    2- Reboot
    3- Enable Per-App-DPI Module from Xposed Modules app (Located in Settings App)
    4- Open Per-App-DPI app and choose the application you want to change then change DPI, Language, Resolution, Tablet then save and restart app
    5-You're done !

--You can also change the DPI for the entire thing by opening the Settings app then going to the DPI Customizing section in it and following the steps there ... Put in mind that NOT ALL APPS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THIS !!

Q4: How to Enable Pie ?

Go to Settings => Customizations => Pie Control => Enable it and customize the Settings you want for it
    After that just swipe from the location you selected PIE from to see it and use it

Q5: How to Enable Expanded Desktop Mode ?

Go to Settings => Customizations => Expanded Desktop => Enable it then open Power Menu and select it

Q6: How to Enable Chronus ?

On the Lock Screen swipe to the left to add a new widget, slect LockClock (Chronus) then add it . To customize it, go to Settings => Customizations => cLock => Customize !

Q7: How to Flash ReVolt JB Rom to my Nexus 4 ?

1- Root your device
    2- Install a custom Recovery (Like TWRP)
    3- Download latest ReVolt JB ROM build
    4- Reboot to Recovery
    5- Make a Nandroid (backup)
    6- Wipe Data
    7- Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache
    8- Install the ReVolt ROM Build you downloaded
    9- Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache
    -IF INSTALLING A NIGHTLY-
    10- Install Latest Google Apps
    11- Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache
    12- Reboot into System
    13- Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

Q8: Which Google Apps should I flash?

ReVolt ROM is based on Android 4.2.2 AOKP so you would need to flash either the Google apps from Goo.im (HERE) OR BaNks Google Apps (HERE)

Q9: How to add Lockscreen Shortcuts ?

Go to Settings => Customizations => Lockscreen Shortcuts => Select whatever you want

Q10: "Enabling Lockscreen shortcut for Camera opens Gallery"

This is because Camera and Gallery are both one app so when it opens, it opens the Gallery

Q11: How to change the Font Size for the whole system

Go to Settings => Customizations => Font Size => Change to 80% or 120% then Reboot

Q12: How to enable Multi User ?

Go to Settings => Users => Add and customize users from here then switch between users from Lockscreen

Q13: "Colors are Vivid in this ROM, Is there a tweak added ?"

Thanks to molesarecoming, There is a color Tweaks added to the ROM's Kernel (Fauz123's enhanced_stock kernel) making the colors calibrated. Also the Auto-Brightness Fix is added to the ROM to make sure everything is good !

Q14: "APN Issues"

This is a bug that I am working on fixing

Q15: How to enable Status Bar Transparency

Go to ROM Control => General User Interface => Transparency Settings and edit to whatever you want

Q16: "I can not add a Google account"

NEVER forget to install Google Apps

Q17: Where can I get the Latest Changelog

You can get them from Here

Q18: How to enable Dual Panel on X app ?

Thanks to nateysmith's steps :
    1- Enable dual panel
    2- Select the app you would like to configure in per app settings
    3- Enable the settings
    4- Set dpi to 220 or less
    5- Change default to 600x1024 or greater depending on your preference.
    6- Enable Tablet
    7- Save settings
    8- Select yes to kill app

More Questions are to be added as they are asked ... Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

1. Enable dual panel
    3. Enable the settings
    6. Save settings

Added it to the OP !
    When in expanded desktop to use pie controls is there a way that one's status bar / notification / toggles can be displayed / accessed. Thank you.

You can enable the nav bar hide toggle then enable it .... Without enabling expanded desktop you will not see navigation bar but will see status bar ..... Other option I'd to enable pie
    This thread doesn't got much hype. Id take it that this ROM is well built and doesn't have many bugs or issues?
    Does this ROM use Xposed or PA's Hybrid system to manage DPI for apps? I saw the feature list mentioning Xposed, but the latest changelog mentions the removal of Xposed?

Pa, I forgot to edit the OP :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone