Rhodium Russian hw and sw keyboard

Search This thread

cBorisa

Dec 24, 2005
Saint Petersburg
For those who wants to use Russian and English standard keyboard (both hardware and software) with non-Russian ROMs, I have extracted files from Russian ROM and put them in one cab file.
Just install the cab and you will get your standard SIP with Rus/Eng languages and Rus/Eng hw keyboard.

Attachments

• RhodiumRusEngKB.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 467
Reactions: slavaman

MiNTRiXZ

Nov 15, 2007
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Кстати, почему то когда в xt9 набираешь текст, когда он подстанавливает примерное слово то отображается то, что ты набираешь. То есть, в поле где вводится текст примерно не правильный набранный, а в полоске с выбором слов выберается другое. Можно исправить?

Oowashi

Oct 5, 2009
I hope nobody has any objections against me writing in Russian.

Спасибо за релиз, но я для страховки переспрошу:
у меня немецкий телефон, со спецбуквами типа ÜÄÖ, потеряю ли я их, если установлю этот релиз?
Есть риск хардрезета?

Edit: It works! Just gave it a try. One question: is there any possibility to keep the virtual russian keyboard AND my german hw keyboard layout?

Last edited:

S.V.I

у меня немецкий телефон, со спецбуквами типа ÜÄÖ, потеряю ли я их, если установлю этот релиз?
Есть риск хардрезета?

Edit: It works! Just gave it a try. One question: is there any possibility to keep the virtual russian keyboard AND my german hw keyboard layout?

I'm working on it already. trying to make a language pack that is not device dependant. already on the second version. ;)

Problem solved:
attached is the language pack that will not affect the hardware keyboard no matter what the layout is. in fact you can have two languages simultaneously.

This should not affect any hardware settings for any device; but you only have the option of two languages unless you edit the reg setting:

[HKLM]Tegic/eT9/
Available languages: 0119,0109,XXXX (etc)
the more languages you add, the more you have to choose from.

(tested on the TMOUS Rhodium and did not screw up my hardware layout no matter the language setting; should also work for wwe roms as well.)
I have to say, it is slower than the optimised skin I made for the original keyboard... I might just have to spend another 3 days messing with this one :(

Last edited:

cBorisa

Dec 24, 2005
Saint Petersburg

Есть риск хардрезета?

Well, basically it switches Keyboard layout to English/Russia. Try this cab - i modified registry values and replaced all references to English with German. However, I'm not sure it's goanna work, so please make sure you have a backup of your data before you do it

Attachments

• RhodiumRusGerKB.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 37

Oowashi

Oct 5, 2009
@S.V.I
Awesome news, looking forward to your release.

@cBorisa

Thank you very much, i will give it a try.

cBorisa

Dec 24, 2005
Saint Petersburg
I'm working on it already. trying to make a language pack that is not device dependant. already on the second version. ;)

Actually this version is Device "independent" - it will change the hardware keyboard layout to Russian/Eng (if you the device uses standard hardware driver), and eZinput will be switched to Eng/Rus. I checked it with Rhodium and Xperia - works great. If you don't have eZinput installed, it won't do anything

S.V.I

Actually this version is Device "independent" - it will change the hardware keyboard layout to Russian/Eng (if you the device uses standard hardware driver), and eZinput will be switched to Eng/Rus. I checked it with Rhodium and Xperia - works great. If you don't have eZinput installed, it won't do anything

I have a TMOUS rom. the original package messed up my hardware Fn Keys. Also, since the hardware keyboard does not show the keys in russian, I do not see the point of using it to type in russian.
Also, I just needed the pack as I have all of the other files already built into the rom.

I am very greatfull for your cab... you have no idea how much. Been looking for it for 2 months and now I finally have the option to type in russian. THANK YOU!!!

cBorisa

Dec 24, 2005
Saint Petersburg
I have a TMOUS rom. the original package messed up my hardware Fn Keys. Also, since the hardware keyboard does not show the keys in russian, I do not see the point of using it to type in russian.
Also, I just needed the pack as I have all of the other files already built into the rom.

I am very greatfull for your cab... you have no idea how much. Been looking for it for 2 months and now I finally have the option to type in russian. THANK YOU!!!

You are very welcome. :)

mrneek

Mar 25, 2010
I'm sorry, but someone faced with Russification hard keyboard for htc tilt2. Can not reassign key "fn".

AIRbek

May 14, 2010
for those who wants to use russian and english standard keyboard (both hardware and software) with non-russian roms, i have extracted files from russian rom and put them in one cab file.
Just install the cab and you will get your standard sip with rus/eng languages and rus/eng hw keyboard.

Эта расскладка работает с rhod500 ???

arkhipenko

Jan 27, 2010
Спасибо за русскую клаву, но возникла неожиданная проблемка.
После установки обоих КАБов раскладка железной клавиатуры больше не соответствует клавишам на них нарисованных. Fn тоже весь поменялся. Причем даже в Английской версии.
А еще не работает переключатель второй страницы символом в SIP (это когда нажимаешь 12#, а потом 1/2) - ничего не происходит, так что например обратную косую не достать...
Есть ли способ это вылечить? Может есть возможнось отредактировать раскладку.
У меня английский вариант AT&T HTC Tilt 2.

Заранее спасибо.

unk

Apr 22, 2006
not working on rhod100 :(

Problem solved:
attached is the language pack that will not affect the hardware keyboard no matter what the layout is. in fact you can have two languages simultaneously.

This should not affect any hardware settings for any device; but you only have the option of two languages unless you edit the reg setting:

[HKLM]Tegic/eT9/
Available languages: 0119,0109,XXXX (etc)
the more languages you add, the more you have to choose from.

(tested on the TMOUS Rhodium and did not screw up my hardware layout no matter the language setting; should also work for wwe roms as well.)
I have to say, it is slower than the optimised skin I made for the original keyboard... I might just have to spend another 3 days messing with this one :(

hello,
1st thanks a lot for your work (S.V.I and cborisa).
i have a RHOD100 device Asian version (with official signed "RUU_Rhodium_S2_hTC_Asia_WWE_2.07.707.1_Radio_Rhodium_4.49.25.91_Signed_Ship.exe" rom, and i'd like to have software russian keyboard (ezinput), only software 'cause my hard kb don't have russian layout. i have tried the "s.v.i. ru keys pack4.cab" from your post, it installed without errors, restarted the device, but after that my soft kb stoped to work, when i tried to open the kb, it was just keeping all the screen locked on last picture (notes or sms screen) and i could click only on the kb-button in the middle bottom, which was just empty oval white button. i couldn't see the kb nor type.
the hard kb still works perfectly. uninstalling your kb reverts all, everything works like it was before (without rus kb).
it looks like when i install your kb, it installs the dlls, but not the skin (pictures), so the dll starts up but the kb is not displayed.
my original ezinput is 2.1 and have ENG and chinese (pinyin, stroke, handwriting, and xt9 eng), if this can help.

i can hard reset the device if needed to test something, so can you please tell me what else can i try? (i don't want to flash a russian rom 'cause i like the english interface)

thanks in advance :)

slavaman

May 19, 2008
space bar

For those who wants to use Russian and English standard keyboard (both hardware and software) with non-Russian ROMs, I have extracted files from Russian ROM and put them in one cab file.
Just install the cab and you will get your standard SIP with Rus/Eng languages and Rus/Eng hw keyboard.

Hello,

Thnx for that great thing :) Just one question, is there a way to remove a slash in the middle of the space bar? (линия посередине клавиши пробела, разделяющая её на 2 части) ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.