RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US SIMs

Search This thread

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
[SIZE=+1]WU means Worldphone Unlocked, look out for the WU on all radio firmwares to indicate whether it's been patched as unlocked or not! (WV = locked)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]YOU MUST BE SECURITY UNLOCKED IN ORDER TO USE THIS!!![/SIZE][SIZE=+2] - if you are not Security unlocked, you will get a Flash Write Error.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Flashing one of these radios will enable you to use a US SIM card in your device - if you flash a non-supported (non-patched) radio over this, you will lose the ability.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]DOWNLOAD BELOW[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]1) 2.32.00WU (Sprint stock edited)[/size]Mirror1 Mirror2[size=+2]RECOMMENDED FOR ALL DEVICES REGARDLESS OF PROVIDER

2) 2.23.00WU (Verizon stock edited)
3) 1.96.10WU (Sprint stock edited)http://www.4shared.com/file/O3JH-MZK/RhodiumW_WU_196.html
4) 2.05.00WU (USCC test edited)NOT RECOMMENDED[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

papeluv

Dec 13, 2006
Alabama
Not Found

The requested URL /RhodiumW/RhodiumW_WU.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Either im too quick to the draw or its not on the server yet but...

racolon

Apr 13, 2005
IMEI??

For the TP2 Sprint? Tried doing the *#06# but nothing happened.

Is it the one located under settings/ Device Info? Or the MEID on the back of the phone?
Maybe the website needs to reflect the correct info so other users are not confused as I am. Saw the same question at PPCG...

Thanks

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
HERE'S ALL THE IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. you must be security unlocked to flash this
2. the patch will not stick if you flash another radio but we'll release patched versions for other radios from time to time (for newest radios).
3. when you flashed the radio, you need to make sure to be in GSM mode (SIM inserted of course :) ), and if automatic network selection doesn't work, use manual selection in phone/options to register on the network.

ENJOY :D

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
For the TP2 Sprint? Tried doing the *#06# but nothing happened.

Is it the one located under settings/ Device Info? Or the MEID on the back of the phone?
Maybe the website needs to reflect the correct info so other users are not confused as I am. Saw the same question at PPCG...

Thanks

only works if you're in GSM mode... look on the label under the battery or in Device Information

Young_e

Jul 23, 2007
HERE'S ALL THE IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. you must be security unlocked to flash this
2. the patch will not stick if you flash another radio but we'll release patched versions for other radios from time to time (for newest radios).
3. when you flashed the radio, you need to make sure to be in GSM mode (SIM inserted of course :) ), and if automatic network selection doesn't work, use manual selection in phone/options to register on the network.

ENJOY :D

i wasn't in gsm mode and once i flashed the radio, it went to 100% errored out and now i have an error message behind my bootloader screen that i can barely read. It says ........code error please try again. what should i do?

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
i wasn't in gsm mode and once i flashed the radio, it went to 100% errored out and now i have an error message behind my bootloader screen that i can barely read. It says ........code error please try again. what should i do?

learn to read... it does say "it won't work if you're not security unlocked"

when they were handing out brains, what were you doing? having a piss?

Young_e

Jul 23, 2007
learn to read... it does say "it won't work if you're not security unlocked"

when they were handing out brains, what were you doing? having a piss?

why so much disrespect? I already security unlocked my device that wasn't my problem. I thought i had an issue because i flash the radio without being in GSM mode and She posted the iformation about that after i already downloaded the radio and flashed it. i just flashed a rom and it seemed to fix the problem. I had no idea you we so evil olipro that was definitely uncalled for

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
why so much disrespect? I already security unlocked my device that wasn't my problem. I thought i had an issue because i flash the radio without being in GSM mode and She posted the iformation about that after i already downloaded the radio and flashed it. i just flashed a rom and it seemed to fix the problem. I had no idea you we so evil olipro that was definitely uncalled for

oh grow a sense of humor for christs sake, if I was intending to disrespect you, there'd be worse flying your way, the regulars will assure you of that.

anyway, I can assure you, if it failed to flash, then you're not security unlocked (if we assume you didn't knock the cable out)

racolon

Apr 13, 2005
Olipro,

I went to the unlocker website entered my IMEI and paid via PayPal Transaction
ID: 9BN694576Y515383Y.

I tried running the unlocker and skipped step 1 since I had already done the HSPL. Went to step 2 and gave me the "This program has encountered an error" Report to MS or Dont Send the report" I chose "dont send the report" and the program closed.

I am in GSM Mode and with the SIM inserted.

Am I missing a step? Thanks!!!

Edit: The problems above occured in an XP machine. So I went to my Vista machine and it all seem to have worked there (the unlocker part). I try to stay away from Vista when flashing but for some odd reason it worked there and not on XP. Now I will try to flash the radio. Thanks!

Last edited:

Young_e

Jul 23, 2007
oh grow a sense of humor for christs sake, if I was intending to disrespect you, there'd be worse flying your way, the regulars will assure you of that.

anyway, I can assure you, if it failed to flash, then you're not security unlocked (if we assume you didn't knock the cable out)

im no noob by any means neccesary i am usually on ppcgeeks. But i made my donation and flashed the RhodiumWUnlocker that was e-mailed to me. Doesn't that security unlock the device?? Also can i run the radio with the sim card that sprint provided or do i need an at&t or t-mobile sim card??

TaurusBullba R.I.P.

Retired Senior Moderator - The Bull Is Back
Sep 15, 2006
In your SIM slot

It's true people, you should see him in the kitchen. Brutal. ;)

cookcursingii.jpg

letsgoflyers81

Jun 25, 2007
I just want some clarification before I try to install this if that's OK. I have a Sprint TP2 and I've installed the unlocker. I've successfully flashed the ROM so I know I'm good there. So just to make sure, I can install this radio and everything should keep working fine, and I should be able to use US SIM cards? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+1]WU means Worldphone Unlocked, look out for the WU on all radio firmwares to indicate whether it's been patched as unlocked or not! (WV = locked)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]YOU MUST BE SECURITY UNLOCKED IN ORDER TO USE THIS!!![/SIZE][SIZE=+2] - if you are not Security unlocked, you will get a Flash Write Error.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Flashing one of these radios will enable you to use a US SIM card in your device - if you flash a non-supported (non-patched) radio over this, you will lose the ability.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]DOWNLOAD BELOW[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]1) 2.32.00WU (Sprint stock edited)[/size]Mirror1 Mirror2[size=+2]RECOMMENDED FOR ALL DEVICES REGARDLESS OF PROVIDER

2) 2.23.00WU (Verizon stock edited)
    3) 1.96.10WU (Sprint stock edited)http://www.4shared.com/file/O3JH-MZK/RhodiumW_WU_196.html
    4) 2.05.00WU (USCC test edited)NOT RECOMMENDED[/SIZE]
    i have the same problem with XP please help..im running windows XP SP3 and windows 7 ultimate 64bit

you mean, same error message as the poster you quoted? I replied to you on the other forum already, though... so choose which one you want to reply to, easier that way... you could even ask us at http://support.htc-unlocks.com, then Olipro will also see your question.
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Olipro and Cmonex!!

no problem. :)
    ...snip...

I would like to ask these questions:

1- If i flash a new radio Have I to sim-unlock again the phone or not?
    2- Will the 2.32.00WU radio work with ITALIAN UMTS (3G) sim cards?
    3- Is it possible that this radio solves my problem?

thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid question...

P.S.
    my phone of course is security unlocked and I yet tried to flash another rom...

1. No, you will not have to SIM unlock again.
    2. 3G is hardware dependent, not software. Therefore, if 3G works for you now, then it will work with any other radio you use. If it doesn't work now, then you cannot enable it with a new radio.
    3. It sounds more like you have a problem with your ROM than with the radio, but flashing a radio is much easier, so it couldn't hurt.
    Despite the fact I place a massive banner on my first post stating in massive capital letters that you need to have security unlocked your device, we still get people like killjoy1 here who thinks they can just flash it straight after Hard-SPL.

LEARN TO READ KTHXBAI