[Ricedroid 5.0][12.1][guacamole] riceDroid [AOSP] [Unofficial]

Search This thread

ghanipradita

Sep 10, 2012
Can someone please upload the recovery from this ROM? I'm not sure if TWRP officially supported A12, so I think it's better to sideload the ROM using Ricedroid recovery.
Thanks!

theslam08

You can sideload with twrp it'll work
Have you personally tried it? I was having issues with it not decrypting the partitions. It would say internal storage was missing then I would format /data then it would say /data was missing. It would throw big red errors about not being able to decrypt when trying to flash. The only way I could flash anything was using the boot.img. I used 3.6.2_12_Master which is supposed to decrypt/work with A12 but idk

theslam08

Can someone please upload the recovery from this ROM? I'm not sure if TWRP officially supported A12, so I think it's better to sideload the ROM using Ricedroid recovery.
Thanks!
Pretty certain you can use the crDroid recovery because it appears this ROM is using the same kernel as crDroid - if you have an issue with included recovery. And to get that, you should use a payload dumper on the payload.bin file. Here are some links:

crDroid recovery: https://sourceforge.net/projects/crdroid/files/guacamole/8.x/recovery/
OR
Payload Dumper (very easy to use): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...and-other-img-files-from-payload-bin.4442149/

ROM_gamer987

Aug 8, 2020
Have you personally tried it? I was having issues with it not decrypting the partitions. It would say internal storage was missing then I would format /data then it would say /data was missing. It would throw big red errors about not being able to decrypt when trying to flash. The only way I could flash anything was using the boot.img. I used 3.6.2_12_Master which is supposed to decrypt/work with A12 but idk
Both official and unofficial twrp worked for me, you don't need it to decrypt data just click cancel and then sideload.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2022-06-14_23-24-17-jpg.5638351

riceDroid for [guacamole]

What is riceDroid?
    * Ricedroid is an operating system based on lineage/crdroid, that aims to provide necessary "ricing" for android while being fast and stable.

Terminology

* The rice in the project name can be referred to "rice" (food) itself, but in a sense it is indeed the term "ricing" in linux.

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues

You might need to flash yaap first for fod to work, Or it might work without it
    Uses OLD fod

Note: You need to change status bar padding , Customization > Status bar > Left/Right Padding
    Only Gapps available!

Download

would anyone mind sharing some screenshots?

and who came up with the term ricing anyway??? I saw it on reddit over this last year, but who came up with that term?
    Can this ROM do OTA?
    I might apply for official, if i get accepted then it'll have OTA