• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Rick's Rom DUB5 SM-N986U1 Snapdragon Safe Update To One UI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
First, I am not responsible to what happens after you flash this. If your phone dose not work afterwords it is your own doing. I didn't force you to flash it..

This is a stock rom for the most part for the Snapdragon Note 20 Ultra U1 that I use as my daily driver. I disabled file encryption, removed knox, fixed screen cast and shealth plus Bluetooth and smartwatch pairing. Most of the Google apps are uninstallable. I'll try to keep this up to date every month the best I can. Enjoy.

You Must Have A Unlocked Bootloader and a SM-N986 U1 or U Ultra to proceed.This Might Wipe Your Data!! Make a Back up!!.

Instructions:
1: Flash with Odin in the respective slots (bl, ap, cp and csc).
2: Wipe and format data in recovery if coming from a different rom or android version.
3: Reboot and set it up.
Enjoy.

See this thread or this thread if you need a unlock. The teams there are great!

Built With SuperR's Kitchen
Thanks @afaneh92 for the unlock and TWRP
Thanks @bklyn_syed for sharing the fixes for Bluetooth and shealth.

Last edited:

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
Previous DUB5 ROM
Rick's ROM SM-N986U1 DUB5 February Patch. This is a safe update to One Ui 3.1.
======================================
Previous CUA1 ROM

Last edited:

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
Anyone who downloaded this before this post please re-download the rom. I had a file mixed up with another rom by mistake, sorry. New files are uploading now. Please report any problems you may have if any, Thanks.

Last edited:

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
Are the difference between those Snapdragon versions so substantial ?
I don't think so but I'm really not sure, I haven't looked into it. The big deal for me is downloading more firmware, keeping track of more files, storage space and time. Honestly it's pretty simple to build your own. You can get all the info you need for that here .

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
Thanks, I figured something like this would make it easier for those who like stock and are unlocked every month.

I was sitting here debating on whether to go with 10 or 11 lol. Durrr me...I'm all for a custom cleaned up ROM any day over the untouched stock firmware. I see that your ROM is on the latest 11 (CUA1). Nice!

Since your tweaking the universal U1 firmware and since there isn't any carrier bloatware in there, is there much to really remove to make it even more lean and lighter? I know in the old days those firmware's were loaded with bloat and by removing them helped it a lot.

I also noticed that the latest 11 file size was smaller than the latest 10. From what you can see is that from just making 11 more efficient, thus making it lighter?

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
Regarding the change log:

Disabled File Encryption - Is that for the entire device file encryption or the built in folder encryption that was disabled? What are the benefits from disabling this? Does it just make it smoother even if you don't use the encryption feature on the device?

Removed Knox - Does using a smart watch to use Samsung Pay etc... still a work around even with the device knox removed?

Are there any settings to be able to tweak camera settings to improve the camera? iirc back in the Note 3 and 4 days, a Dev said that there was a value in the image quality or something that was set to I think 8 instead of the max 10? He had maxed that out and included that in the ROM... I'm curious if such adjustments exist in the 11?

Does the CUA1 have the baked in Microsoft Swiftkey (VIRUS) or is that only on carrier firmware's?

I have the Unlocked varaint of the Note 20 Ultra straight from Samsung. Oddly, it came with firmware ATGO, which is ATT lol.. but I'm on TM. What has been annoying is that I can't uninstall the darn microsoft swiftkey.

I love Swiftkey as a keyboard (best touch accuracy IMO), but despise the intrusivemness, so I like to use my own tweaked swiftkey with the internet premissions removed w/ using AFWall+ to block everything else. ie...

The thing is that I haven't been able to install the tweaked swiftkey due to it not letting me since the stock MS one is baked in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, I am not responsible to what happens after you flash this. If your phone dose not work afterwords it is your own doing. I didn't force you to flash it..

This is a stock rom for the most part for the Snapdragon Note 20 Ultra U1 that I use as my daily driver. I disabled file encryption, removed knox, fixed screen cast and shealth plus Bluetooth and smartwatch pairing. Most of the Google apps are uninstallable. I'll try to keep this up to date every month the best I can. Enjoy.

You Must Have A Unlocked Bootloader and a SM-N986 U1 or U Ultra to proceed.This Might Wipe Your Data!! Make a Back up!!.

Instructions:
    1: Flash with Odin in the respective slots (bl, ap, cp and csc).
    2: Wipe and format data in recovery if coming from a different rom or android version.
    3: Reboot and set it up.
    Enjoy.

See this thread or this thread if you need a unlock. The teams there are great!

Built With SuperR's Kitchen
    Thanks @afaneh92 for the unlock and TWRP
    Thanks @bklyn_syed for sharing the fixes for Bluetooth and shealth.
    Previous DUB5 ROM
    Rick's ROM SM-N986U1 DUB5 February Patch. This is a safe update to One Ui 3.1.
    ======================================
    Previous CUA1 ROM
    wow so fast, good work bro.
    @Misterxtc Very glad to see more custom roms being built.

Would you be able to build an AOSP rom for the Note 20 Ultra (SM-986U)?

Would love to see an AOSP rom like Lineage OS or Havoc OS :)
    Me too but I haven't gotten one to boot properly yet. I also own a S20+ and would like to build something for both. I am exploring the options.