Rick's Rom DUB5 SM-N986U1 Snapdragon Safe Update To One UI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

IFireflyl

Feb 23, 2009
Springfield

I was already using that, but it's working now! Apparently I couldn't install the stock firmware at the same time I installed the userdata info you told me to install. After rebooting into stock firmware and completing the setup I went back into download mode and then installed TWRP. It's working, and I'm SO thankful! Thankful enough that I'm going to move over to your ROM now. Thank you so dadgum much!

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    I was already using that, but it's working now! Apparently I couldn't install the stock firmware at the same time I installed the userdata info you told me to install. After rebooting into stock firmware and completing the setup I went back into download mode and then installed TWRP. It's working, and I'm SO thankful! Thankful enough that I'm going to move over to your ROM now. Thank you so dadgum much!
    Your welcome. I was going to mention that but forgot. Just don't update anymore until there is a safe way there might not be a way back on the next one.

IFireflyl

Feb 23, 2009
    Springfield
    I have installed your ROM, and I'm getting a constant popup that says "Game Launcher keeps stopping". Clearing the app data and force stopping it doesn't resolve this. Also, the Galaxy Store is missing, and when I download it from SamMobile it goes to the splash screen like it's going to open, and then it quits back to my home screen without an error message. My guess is that the Galaxy Store missing is why my Game Launcher isn't working. Because of that I also can't update any of the Galaxy Store apps (including Bixby to be able to change how the side keys work).

This was a clean install with a full wipe after installing on my N968U1 (Note 20 Ultra 5G).

EDIT: When I sideload the Galaxy Store app I can't open it directly, but I CAN go into Bixby which prompts me to update it, and then it will take me to the Bixby app in the Galaxy Store where I can update it. From there I can do a search for whatever app I need to update. But if I try going to the homepage of the Galaxy Store app it crashes with no error message. But at least this way I was able to update the Game Launcher, and that appears to have resolved the "Game Launcher keeps stopping" issue.

Last edited:

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    I have installed your ROM, and I'm getting a constant popup that says "Game Launcher keeps stopping". Clearing the app data and force stopping it doesn't resolve this. Also, the Galaxy Store is missing, and when I download it from SamMobile it goes to the splash screen like it's going to open, and then it quits back to my home screen without an error message. My guess is that the Galaxy Store missing is why my Game Launcher isn't working. Because of that I also can't update any of the Galaxy Store apps (including Bixby to be able to change how the side keys work).

This was a clean install with a full wipe after installing on my N968U1 (Note 20 Ultra 5G).

EDIT: When I sideload the Galaxy Store app I can't open it directly, but I CAN go into Bixby which prompts me to update it, and then it will take me to the Bixby app in the Galaxy Store where I can update it. From there I can do a search for whatever app I need to update. But if I try going to the homepage of the Galaxy Store app it crashes with no error message. But at least this way I was able to update the Game Launcher, and that appears to have resolved the "Game Launcher keeps stopping" issue.
    Disable game launcher in the settings menu for now. I accidentally removed it using a debloat script when I was building the rom. I'll have to add it back on the next build. Galaxy store gave me problems before on the first run. I would try a different version for now.

IFireflyl

Feb 23, 2009
    Springfield
    Disable game launcher in the settings menu for now. I accidentally removed it using a debloat script when I was building the rom. I'll have to add it back on the next build. Galaxy store gave me problems before on the first run. I would try a different version for now.

Since I updated Game Launcher with that workaround it hasn't given me issues. So far that's the only issue I have found, but I'll let you know if anything else crops up. It's been smooth since Game Launcher was updated.

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    Since I updated Game Launcher with that workaround it hasn't given me issues. So far that's the only issue I have found, but I'll let you know if anything else crops up. It's been smooth since Game Launcher was updated.
    Good, that should be the only problem. I used to update that through Galaxy Store. I just made a new build and will be uploading it shortly. The game launcher crash will probably be there until it's updated through the store but all is good with that.

Reactions: IFireflyl

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    I've added one more build that addresses the missing Galaxy Store app. The app might crash a few times before it opens but keep trying until it opens if it dose that. It was fine on the Note 20 but it was fussy with the S20. This is a problem with the app itself and not something I created. Any app crashes are fixed after all updates are done. The download is a little larger because I included the home_csc to avoid a data wipe with the regular csc file. Both csc files are included, just use one or the other. I was able to test this and everything seems back to normal again.

Last edited:

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    verizon has some bloat that is necessary for wifi calling, voLTE 5G and hotspot, so yours might not be ideal for Verizon if you don't have it.
    I prefer U1 to the Verizon bloat. I don't use hotspot, 5G works fine as well as wifi calling on my phone with Verizon. Been using U1 for years.
    EDIT: Please compare roms in the Q&A section in the future.

Last edited:

Authority595

Feb 12, 2021
    You might be right, though I use hotspot occasionally, and I've used titanium to freeze all the verizon bloat that I don't need or want. So nice to have developers like you and others working on Note20, I hope Samsung and Verizon don't cut off rooting and unlocking and make it impossible again, at least with the Note20. Having root truly makes the phone much more capable.

Reactions: Misterxtc

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    You might be right, though I use hotspot occasionally, and I've used titanium to freeze all the verizon bloat that I don't need or want. So nice to have developers like you and others working on Note20, I hope Samsung and Verizon don't cut off rooting and unlocking and make it impossible again, at least with the Note20. Having root truly makes the phone much more capable.
    Thanks, I just prefer the U1 software. I made this rom to keep things simple each month with updating. I also run this after I install the rom even though I added some of the mods already. I use the force wipe with no bl files one and restore my data after it's done.

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    i can flash ths over >
    [N20 Ultra SM-N986U/U1/W_Snapdragon]-[Upgrade Easily Firmware Using Odin]-[Automatically Root Remove Forceencrypt Patch Bluetooth And Fix Safetynet] <
    Yes, Install the rom first then after it boots shut down the phone and enter download and flash the AIO file in userdata. Don't even bother with setup after the first install of my rom because the AIO file will probably wipe data.

Last edited:
    Reactions: grv00711

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    I added a new build that you can uninstall more Google apps and removed the system updater. There is a new build (DUC1) that came out today that updated the bootloader to rev 2. DO NOT take it if you want root!! If you just want to disable the ota updater without downloading and re-installing the rom run the command below with adb.

Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

Reactions: lyall29

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    Last edited:

IFireflyl

Feb 23, 2009
    Springfield
    I've updated the rom to DUC1 March update. DO NOT flash the bl files from the full DUC1 firmware or you will loose your bootloader unlock and will not be able to downgrade. My rom is safe to flash. Enjoy.

Can you provide a step-by-step method for the best way to upgrade your ROM (I have the version just before your Galaxy Store fix) without losing your data? I want to upgrade, but I really don't want to go through the whole setup of my phone and apps again.

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    Can you provide a step-by-step method for the best way to upgrade your ROM (I have the version just before your Galaxy Store fix) without losing your data? I want to upgrade, but I really don't want to go through the whole setup of my phone and apps again.
    Same instructions as the OP besides the wipe data part. I included the home csc that doesn't wipe data and have twrp in this build to make things easier. The only thing you will need to do is install magisk again after the rom. I will try and keep this so a data wipe is optional from now on.

Last edited:
    Reactions: IFireflyl
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      First, I am not responsible to what happens after you flash this. If your phone dose not work afterwords it is your own doing. I didn't force you to flash it..

This is a stock rom for the most part for the Snapdragon Note 20 Ultra U1 that I use as my daily driver. I disabled file encryption, removed knox, fixed screen cast and shealth plus Bluetooth and smartwatch pairing. Most of the Google apps are uninstallable. I'll try to keep this up to date every month the best I can. Enjoy.

You Must Have A Unlocked Bootloader and a SM-N986 U1 or U Ultra to proceed.This Might Wipe Your Data!! Make a Back up!!.

Instructions:
      1: Flash with Odin in the respective slots (bl, ap, cp and csc).
      2: Wipe and format data in recovery if coming from a different rom or android version.
      3: Reboot and set it up.
      Enjoy.

See this thread or this thread if you need a unlock. The teams there are great!

Built With SuperR's Kitchen
      Thanks @afaneh92 for the unlock and TWRP
      Thanks @bklyn_syed for sharing the fixes for Bluetooth and shealth.
      Previous DUB5 ROM
      Rick's ROM SM-N986U1 DUB5 February Patch. This is a safe update to One Ui 3.1.
      ======================================
      Previous CUA1 ROM
      wow so fast, good work bro.
      @Misterxtc Very glad to see more custom roms being built.

Would you be able to build an AOSP rom for the Note 20 Ultra (SM-986U)?

Would love to see an AOSP rom like Lineage OS or Havoc OS :)
      Me too but I haven't gotten one to boot properly yet. I also own a S20+ and would like to build something for both. I am exploring the options.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone