Rick's Rom DUB5 SM-N986U1 Snapdragon Safe Update To One UI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    I upgraded to the latest and it resolved my Galaxy Store issues. Thanks! Out of curiosity, have you managed to get your Note 20 Ultra to pass the SafetyNet?
    Yes, for safetynet I use userdata AIO files from here. I use the no wipe no bl one even though it says for the u model only. I think all it does is patch keystore because I have the other mods already in the rom.

Reactions: IFireflyl

IFireflyl

Feb 23, 2009
    Springfield
    Yes, for safetynet I use userdata AIO files from here. I use the no wipe no bl one even though it says for the u model only. I think all it does is patch keystore because I have the other mods already in the rom.

I'll try that when I get off work tonight. Is this something that can be included in future releases of your ROM without having to manually flash the AIO files after-the-fact? I'm guessing if it could you probably would have done it, but I know nil about the creation of ROMs.

EDIT: The No Wipe No BL file worked for me. You rock!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Misterxtc

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    I'll try that when I get off work tonight. Is this something that can be included in future releases of your ROM without having to manually flash the AIO files after-the-fact? I'm guessing if it could you probably would have done it, but I know nil about the creation of ROMs.

EDIT: The No Wipe No BL file worked for me. You rock!
    Great I'm glad that worked. I'm pretty sure it can be added to the rom but I don't know what files need to be edited. Now if a debloat script could be added to the AIO file that would be the cat's meow.

Reactions: IFireflyl

afaneh92

• Jul 31, 2012
    I can confirm DUC1 is not safe please remove it, or add note that user will no longer can flash v1 firmware, only mixed firmware, you will end up in locked bootloader one day.

Misterxtc

• Jul 11, 2019
    Syracuse
    I can confirm DUC1 is not safe please remove it, or add note that user will no longer can flash v1 firmware, only mixed firmware, you will end up in locked bootloader one day.
    Pausing ROM builds due to Samsung's trickery. Sorry. Some things need to be worked out. If you flashed my DUC1 rom you will need to stay with the DUC1 modem if you downgrade back to One Ui 3.0. DO NOT flash the full DUC1 firmware or you will loose your bl unlock.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      First, I am not responsible to what happens after you flash this. If your phone dose not work afterwords it is your own doing. I didn't force you to flash it..

This is a stock rom for the most part for the Snapdragon Note 20 Ultra U1 that I use as my daily driver. I disabled file encryption, removed knox, fixed screen cast and shealth plus Bluetooth and smartwatch pairing. Most of the Google apps are uninstallable. I'll try to keep this up to date every month the best I can. Enjoy.

You Must Have A Unlocked Bootloader and a SM-N986 U1 or U Ultra to proceed.This Might Wipe Your Data!! Make a Back up!!.

Instructions:
      1: Flash with Odin in the respective slots (bl, ap, cp and csc).
      2: Wipe and format data in recovery if coming from a different rom or android version.
      3: Reboot and set it up.
      Enjoy.

See this thread or this thread if you need a unlock. The teams there are great!

Built With SuperR's Kitchen
      Thanks @afaneh92 for the unlock and TWRP
      Thanks @bklyn_syed for sharing the fixes for Bluetooth and shealth.
      Previous DUB5 ROM
      Rick's ROM SM-N986U1 DUB5 February Patch. This is a safe update to One Ui 3.1.
      ======================================
      Previous CUA1 ROM
      wow so fast, good work bro.
      @Misterxtc Very glad to see more custom roms being built.

Would you be able to build an AOSP rom for the Note 20 Ultra (SM-986U)?

Would love to see an AOSP rom like Lineage OS or Havoc OS :)
      Me too but I haven't gotten one to boot properly yet. I also own a S20+ and would like to build something for both. I am exploring the options.