• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Rick's Rom DUB7 SM-G986U1 Safe Update To One UI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bklyn_syed

Aug 27, 2015
New york
Here is a pretty much stock ROM for the SM-G986U1 or U. I took out knox and a few apps, disabled encryption and AVB. TWRP is the default recovery so you don't have to mess around mashing buttons (ouch) to install it, so yes it's ready to root if you want. I'm not a developer, I'm just someone who wants to share what they run on their phone. I only own a SM-G986U1 so there is zero support for any other models here. I'll try to keep this up to date every month the best I can. Enjoy.
You Must Have A Unlocked Bootloader and a S20+U1 or U to Proceed.This Might Wipe Your Data!! Make a Back up!!.
Instructions:
1: Download Rick's Rom from post 2 and flash it in the AP slot with Odin.
2: Your phone will reboot.
3: Wipe data to decrypt the filesystem.
4: Reboot and set it up.
Enjoy.

See this thread if you need a unlock. The team there is great!

Thanks @afaneh92 for TWRP and @elliwigy for the guidance

What tool did you use?

reV17

Feb 8, 2013
Hackensack
Any idea why I can't get my Galaxy Watch to connect with the Wearable app? Does it have anything to do with being unlocked or something you removed maybe?

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
Any idea why I can't get my Galaxy Watch to connect with the Wearable app? Does it have anything to do with being unlocked or something you removed maybe?
I think it's something with being unlocked. I only took out knox and the carrier bloat for the most part. Any app I removed besides knox can be reinstalled.

bklyn_syed

Aug 27, 2015
New york

Issues with Bluetooth or pairing with Smart Watches.
adb shell or download Termux from play store, copy and past the sed command line.
su
mount -o remount,rw /vendor
sed -i '/<.*security.wsm.*/,/<hal format="hidl">/d' /vendor/etc/vintf/manifest.xml
mount -o remount,ro /vendor
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen Cast and Shealth Fix
adb shell or download Termux from play store, copy and past
su
resetprop ro.config.tima 0
resetprop ro.config.iccc_version iccc_disabled
resetprop wlan.wfd.hdcp disable

Reactions: Misterxtc

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
Issues with Bluetooth or pairing with Smart Watches.
adb shell or download Termux from play store, copy and past the sed command line.
su
mount -o remount,rw /vendor
sed -i '/<.*security.wsm.*/,/<hal format="hidl">/d' /vendor/etc/vintf/manifest.xml
mount -o remount,ro /vendor
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen Cast and Shealth Fix
adb shell or download Termux from play store, copy and past
su
resetprop ro.config.tima 0
resetprop ro.config.iccc_version iccc_disabled
resetprop wlan.wfd.hdcp disable
Thanks for this, I'm going to try and bake it in the rom on the new build.

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
CTL5 January update is uploaded. I removed the pesky set up wizard apps when you start the phone so you need to manualy sign into Google and Samsung for the first setups. Thanks @bklyn_syed for sharing the fixes for bluetooth and screencast. If anyone can test the fixes please do so. I don't own a watch or tv to cast to but my buds and Denon receiver paired up no problem.

Last edited:

reV17

Feb 8, 2013
Hackensack
CTL5 January update is uploaded. I removed the pesky set up wizard apps when you start the phone so you need to manualy sign into Google and Samsung for the first setups. Thanks @bklyn_syed for sharing the fixes for bluetooth and screencast. If anyone can test the fixes please do so. I don't own a watch or tv to cast to but my buds and Denon receiver paired up no problem.
I'll be glad to test it out, was looking to restore back. Will let you know if I gave any errors

Reactions: Misterxtc

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
I have a BTS Purple Edition ready if anyone wants it. It's still January security but they gave us a purple theme like the U model got last month. I was finally able to remove the weverse app that was preinstalled but the stinking google setup wizard comes back again. Anyway the file is in post 3 and running good here.

Last edited:

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
I figured out how to change the boot animation on the purple theme so here is a Android 6 boot animation with the purple theme if you don't like purple hearts. This will work on my CTL5 rom as well. Just flash the file in the csc slot and reboot, no wipe is needed. Thanks @KachowPow for sharing the animations here. This can be used for adding apps to new roms as well but you will need to mod the prism.img file and repack the tar file.

Attachments

• Android 6.0.gif
    Android 6.0.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
I've updated the ROM to CUA2 February security patch. I've decided to leave the set up apps installed this time to save some headaches. All apps that install can be uninstalled. See post 2. If you have any problems please let me know. I now have a S21 Ultra and the wife has the S20+ now so I'm not using this as my dd anymore. Enjoy.

Reactions: sabrdawg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, I am not responsible to what happens after you flash this. If your phone dose not work afterwords it is your own doing. I didn't force you to flash it...

Here is a pretty much stock ROM for the SM-G986U1 or U that I use as my daily driver. I took out knox and a few apps, disabled encryption and AVB. Most of the Google apps are uninstallable. I only own a SM-G986U1 so there is zero support for any other models here. I'll try to keep this up to date every month the best I can. Enjoy.
    You Must Have A Unlocked Bootloader and a S20+ U1 or U to Proceed.This Might Wipe Your Data!! Make a Back up!!.
    Instructions:
    1: Flash with Odin in the respective slots (bl, ap, cp and csc). Use the tar file of needed.
    2: Wipe and format data in recovery if coming from a different rom or android version.
    3: Reboot and set it up.
    Enjoy.

See this thread or this thread if you need a unlock. The teams there are great!
    Built With SuperR's Kitchen
    Thanks @afaneh92 for TWRP
    I have a BTS Purple Edition ready if anyone wants it. It's still January security but they gave us a purple theme like the U model got last month. I was finally able to remove the weverse app that was preinstalled but the stinking google setup wizard comes back again. Anyway the file is in post 3 and running good here.
    Rick's Rom DUB7 (February Patch) This will wipe data if you do not use the optional home csc file instead of the csc in the main zip. This is Android 11 One UI 3.1 for U1 devices. This is a safe update to One Ui 3.1.​

Optional No Wipe CSC
    Home CSC No Data wipe

=======================================================================================

MEGA
    Rick's Rom DUB7 (February Patch) This will wipe data if you do not use the optional home csc file instead of the csc in the main zip. OneUI 3.1. This is a safe update to One Ui 3.1.

Optional No Wipe CSC
    Home CSC No Data wipe
    ROM is updated to Android 11 One UI 3.0. It's the U firmware until Samsung releases U1 but it's rooted and debloated. For root install Magisk Manager from the app tray. Enjoy and see post 2 for the files. Make sure you wipe data to avoid any problems and let setup finish on it's own.
    No, none at all and this is most likely the last build of this rom. I only own a Note 20 Ultra now.

Thread closed per OP request.