• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Rick's Rom DUB7 SM-G986U1 Safe Update To One UI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
I've updated the rom to Ui3.1 and all seems good. This will wipe data with the included csc but you can use the home csc from the DUB7 full firmware if you do not want to. I did not include the home csc so that's up to you. I will be trading this phone in soon but should be able to keep this rom updated for a while more. Enjoy

EDIT: Here is a link to the home csc if you do not want to wipe data.
HOME CSC

Last edited:

bklyn_syed

Aug 27, 2015
New york
I've updated the rom to Ui3.1 and all seems good. This will wipe data with the included csc but you can use the home csc from the DUB7 full firmware if you do not want to. I did not include the home csc so that's up to you. I will be trading this phone in soon but should be able to keep this rom updated for a while more. Enjoy

EDIT: Here is a link to the home csc if you do not want to wipe data.
HOME CSC
Did you flash the BL file from 3.1? By chance

Misterxtc

Jul 11, 2019
Syracuse
I've added a new build that allows more google apps to be uninstalled and removed the system updater. The Note series just released a update with a bootloader revision jump to kill root so I highly suggest you either download the rom update or run the command below to disable the ota updater. Whatever you do DO NOT update when the new one drops for the G series if you want to keep root.

Code:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, I am not responsible to what happens after you flash this. If your phone dose not work afterwords it is your own doing. I didn't force you to flash it...

Here is a pretty much stock ROM for the SM-G986U1 or U that I use as my daily driver. I took out knox and a few apps, disabled encryption and AVB. Most of the Google apps are uninstallable. I only own a SM-G986U1 so there is zero support for any other models here. I'll try to keep this up to date every month the best I can. Enjoy.
    You Must Have A Unlocked Bootloader and a S20+ U1 or U to Proceed.This Might Wipe Your Data!! Make a Back up!!.
    Instructions:
    1: Flash with Odin in the respective slots (bl, ap, cp and csc). Use the tar file of needed.
    2: Wipe and format data in recovery if coming from a different rom or android version.
    3: Reboot and set it up.
    Enjoy.

See this thread or this thread if you need a unlock. The teams there are great!
    Built With SuperR's Kitchen
    Thanks @afaneh92 for TWRP
    I have a BTS Purple Edition ready if anyone wants it. It's still January security but they gave us a purple theme like the U model got last month. I was finally able to remove the weverse app that was preinstalled but the stinking google setup wizard comes back again. Anyway the file is in post 3 and running good here.
    Rick's Rom DUB7 (February Patch) This will wipe data if you do not use the optional home csc file instead of the csc in the main zip. This is Android 11 One UI 3.1 for U1 devices. This is a safe update to One Ui 3.1.​

Optional No Wipe CSC
    Home CSC No Data wipe

=======================================================================================

MEGA
    Rick's Rom DUB7 (February Patch) This will wipe data if you do not use the optional home csc file instead of the csc in the main zip. OneUI 3.1. This is a safe update to One Ui 3.1.

Optional No Wipe CSC
    Home CSC No Data wipe
    ROM is updated to Android 11 One UI 3.0. It's the U firmware until Samsung releases U1 but it's rooted and debloated. For root install Magisk Manager from the app tray. Enjoy and see post 2 for the files. Make sure you wipe data to avoid any problems and let setup finish on it's own.
    No, none at all and this is most likely the last build of this rom. I only own a Note 20 Ultra now.

Thread closed per OP request.