Rick's ROM OE2-OC3 -5.0.2 Lollipop-06/14/15-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
G

GuestK00143

Does anyone have any comments about battery life on this ROM? :)
Here is mine from earlier today. I get about two to three days between charges. On the average I get around 5 hours of screen time draining the battery down. I only turn WiFi and data on as needed.

Screenshot_2015-05-31-16-26-43.png Screenshot_2015-05-31-16-26-52.png

Ironkidz

May 7, 2014
Corona
So I tried to flash this using the latest Flashfire that came out today, when I did, I got stuck at the Galaxy S6 Custom boot screen. I let it sit for about 20 minutes then tried to reset it. Went to recover, rebooted the phone, it went to a teal blue android screen, and I have the option to update via adb, cache, or external. Phone seems bricked. Any idea what I can do here?

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
So I tried to flash this using the latest Flashfire that came out today, when I did, I got stuck at the Galaxy S6 Custom boot screen. I let it sit for about 20 minutes then tried to reset it. Went to recover, rebooted the phone, it went to a teal blue android screen, and I have the option to update via adb, cache, or external. Phone seems bricked. Any idea what I can do here?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3109676

chrisj22

Jun 6, 2011
Auburn, WA
Is Wi-Fi Direct something I need? I was fine tuning the ROM with TiBu and getting rid of apps I don't need

Sent from my SM-G920V using XDA Free mobile app

gsi30

Nov 5, 2013
New phohe

So I got new phone today s6 verizon. Phone has dropped calls even before I rooted it. It will will go from 4g to 3g sitting in same spot. Updated all app and still doing it but not all the time. Rooted it and installed Ricks Rom and it will still go from 4g to 3g is there something I need to update or do you think it is the phone? If I reboot phone it goes back to 4g every time. I don't think it is Ricks Rom just posted here because I have Rom installed. I have ran his rims on other phones and LOVED THEM. If I want to go back to stock do I just need do wipe in flash fire?

G

GuestK00143

So I got new phone today s6 verizon. Phone has dropped calls even before I rooted it. It will will go from 4g to 3g sitting in same spot. Updated all app and still doing it but not all the time. Rooted it and installed Ricks Rom and it will still go from 4g to 3g is there something I need to update or do you think it is the phone? If I reboot phone it goes back to 4g every time. I don't think it is Ricks Rom just posted here because I have Rom installed. I have ran his rims on other phones and LOVED THEM. If I want to go back to stock do I just need do wipe in flash fire?

You could try to Odin back to stock or it could possibly be a sim card issue. I kind of doubt it being the sim card because it's most likely a new one. If you Odin back to stock try the OE2 tar, it's the newest and can be rooted using pingpong and the download data option. I'm working on a OE2 ROM, I have it installed but need to add wifi tether and remove the CD installer. On that note if anyone wants to try it I'll be more than happy to upload it but the mods will have to be added separate after they are available.

Alucardis666

Jul 27, 2009
Miramar
So if I'm on this and want to try one of the new OE2 based Roms, what's the process?
Can I just flash one of those without issues? I've noticed some Roms say you already need to be on OE2 already before flashing... Thoughts?

G

GuestK00143

So if I'm on this and want to try one of the new OE2 based Roms, what's the process?
Can I just flash one of those without issues? I've noticed some Roms say you already need to be on OE2 already before flashing... Thoughts?

I have been busy all this weekend and it slipped my mind. I have been running a odex version and it's been good so far. My problem is I can't do any mods as of yet because I'm having problems compiling the apk files for whatever reason and haven't been able to figure what is giving me the problem. Therefore any mods that I can't include will have to be flashed separate for now. I don't intend to ad much for mods other than the tether hack and removed cd installer anyways as all my other ROMs were. I prefer a simple ROM with just a few mods. I might upload what I have later today.

G

GuestK00143

Sorry I totally missed your question. You will have to Odin the stock OE2 tar, root and install flashfire. Then you can flash a OE2 ROM. I might be able to make a flashable firmware package in a few but I'm not positive it will work on our phones. I will give it a shot.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Sorry I totally missed your question. You will have to Odin the stock OE2 tar, root and install flashfire. Then you can flash a OE2 ROM. I might be able to make a flashable firmware package in a few but I'm not positive it will work on our phones. I will give it a shot.

i kno this post was from the 8th but fyi trailblazer made one for s6e that works.. id imagine both devices use same kernel/modem?

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

G

GuestK00143

I added the OE2 build of Rick's ROM. I am unable to add the remove CD installer mod at this time. I've been having problems compiling apks so any other mods will be on hold until I can resolve the problem here. You will need to flash the OE2 firmware via Odin after you flash the ROM with flashfire if you are currently on OC3. The changes are minor but here they are...

Added OE2 build 1, same mods minus the removed CD installer.
Changed lockscreen for a tribute to my late dog Raven

Last edited:

stay-down

Jun 15, 2011
Roaming the GS6 threads because I want to root and ROM my spare s6, and just love that a scripture was thrown in the screenshots. It is the lockscreen but its awesome. God bless

Last edited:
Reactions: stealyourface1

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA
Thank you, it's been a rough month after and about 6 before but I'm definitely OK. Things are looking up and I'm bonding with my new pup. :) That's where my spare time is being spent lately.

That's wonderful to hear! Loss of family members is never simple to deal with. Just keep staying strong. Because if they are looking down on us. It would be hell for them to see us miserable knowing nothing can be done. Much love to you two. :good:

G

GuestK00143

Roaming the GS6 threads because I want to root and ROM my spare s6, and just love that a scripture was thrown in the screenshots. It is the lockscreen but its awesome. God bless

Thank you, that lockscreen is only in the OC3 version for now. The OE2 was changed to my late dog for now. If you want to change it back I have attached the pic for you. You can either copy it to the system/wallpaper folder and replace the one there or just copy it to storage. God bless you too.

lockscreen_default_wallpaper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts