• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ring Doorbell Pro Integration With Tablet

Search This thread

gary151

May 29, 2018
Ring Pro and Tasker

Can you tell me the step by step instructions that you used to set up Tasker with Ring Pro. We try to used Tasker and Autopilot plugin and Notification Listener and it is not working.
It opens the ring but not the live camera view.

Can you help us to set this up.

Thank you,
Gary

gary151

May 29, 2018
How did you do it

Can you explain step by step how you got it to work. We downloaded Tasker, Notification Listener, and autoinput. We are trying to set up ring pro with Samsung tablet.

Any help you can give us would be appreciated.
Gary

Nov 21, 2014
anyone able to get it to open the app AND show the video feed? I can get it to open the app but not the video feed :(

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

ok figured it out: this is the solution.
1. setup tasker to intercept the notification using Autonotification
2. follow this: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php...a-notification-as-soon-as-you-receive-it.120/
You're basically simulating a button press

slash32487

Dec 17, 2018
ring

anyone able to get it to open the app AND show the video feed? I can get it to open the app but not the video feed :(

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

ok figured it out: this is the solution.
1. setup tasker to intercept the notification using Autonotification
2. follow this:
You're basically simulating a button press

i got it to open and show feed while unlocked. i cannot seem to figure out how to get taker to unlock. if anyone knows how to set up how to unlock i will be all set. i probably set the whole thing up wrong but it works so i dont care.

i did
wait 1 second
launch app ring
wait 5 seconds
autoinput action type text value: "front door" action : click
wait 2 seconds
autoinput action type point action click
wait 4 secods
autoinputaction type"point action:click
wait:2mins
Kill app ring root off
go home

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I suggest checking two things:
    1. Instead of just going home, try killing the app
    2. Double check the priorities of actions and set the task to abort existing tasks
    can you share how you set this up.. i purchased tasker but not seeing the options you layed out.

You need the additional Tasker Plugin "Notification Listener" and make Tasker click on the notification as soon as it pops up. To close the camera screen after a few seconds, you just load the ring app again with tasker (don´t forget the toggle „always start new copy“).
    downloaded it...

tasker is just sooo overwhelming.. so many settings. so i create a profile or task? i went to task.. open app Ring. than i'm stuck on what next. what do i put for "if"

"Profile" is the event that triggers something. In our case this is the notification from the ring app. you can choose "Notification Listener Event -> Posted Apps -> Ring App" for that.

"Task" are the actions which are triggered by the Profile Event (click on the notification to open the camera screen, wait x Seconds, close the camera by opening the ring app again):
    1. Plugin>Gestures>Configuration>Notification Key: %nlkey
    2. wait>45 Seconds
    3. Launch App>Ring

you don´t need the "if"