Ringing through lower speaker only?

Search This thread

Admiral Stipe

Dec 27, 2014
Is it just me or are also your devices ringing only through lower speaker? In a way, it seems logical, but it is way to quiet.

When I play media (f.e. with Poweramp) or even when I'm selecting a ringtone in settings, it plays through both speakers (fairly loud), but at incomnig call only lower speaker rings and unfortunately at least for me it's not loud enough (my previous Note 4 was way louder).

Suggestions (rooting is not an option)?

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Is it just me or are also your devices ringing only through lower speaker? In a way, it seems logical, but it is way to quiet.

When I play media (f.e. with Poweramp) or even when I'm selecting a ringtone in settings, it plays through both speakers (fairly loud), but at incomnig call only lower speaker rings and unfortunately at least for me it's not loud enough (my previous Note 4 was way louder).

Suggestions (rooting is not an option)?

Ringer and notification don't play through earpiece. Only Media.

disturbd1

Mar 3, 2010
Oh, crap... 1000$ phone and I can't hear it ringing, unless I'm right beside it in a quiet environement... :(.
Are you serious? Dude, change your ringtone or something. It's plenty loud. If you can only hear it in a quiet environment when its ringer is up all the way, you either have a bad unit or bad hearing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Admiral Stipe

Dec 27, 2014
Are you serious? Dude, change your ringtone or something. It's plenty loud. If you can only hear it in a quiet environment when its ringer is up all the way, you either have a bad unit or bad hearing.

I tried many different ringtones and they are all loud enough, when previewing (t.i., playing through both speakers). But during the actual call and only on lower speaker, they are not.
I certainly don't have bad hearing, but I'm afraid, that the unit may be bad. Although, media plays very good and loud (both speakers).

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
hate to be that guy, but are you sure your ring tone volume isn't lowered? You can set them it independently of media, notifications, and system volume

Admiral Stipe

Dec 27, 2014
hate to be that guy, but are you sure your ring tone volume isn't lowered? You can set them it independently of media, notifications, and system volume

Rigtone slider (and all the others too) all the way to the right, additionally set to MAX with Tasker on every incoming call...
Maybe I only see this problem because the ringtones were really loud until last week on my Note 4 :).

Last edited:

Mohamed Elhusseiny

Sep 22, 2018
the ringtone on note 9 starts from very low and fades in , it is increase volume while ringing , i dont want that , i want it to start with high level , is there away ?
i mean to disable ascending ringtone

Ricardo_G

Apr 23, 2015
the ringtone on note 9 starts from very low and fades in , it is increase volume while ringing , i dont want that , i want it to start with high level , is there away ?
i mean to disable ascending ringtone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shumoapp.disableincreasingring

with this app you can disable this nasty behavior
also, this app activates the upper speaker for notifications, and may be, ringtones
the cost: this app is battery eater

try it! and let me know how works for you, i downloaded the full version APK and i tried two weeks but really the app eat so much battery!!!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone