Question Risk phone being blocked, what to do?

Search This thread

BestShot

Jan 21, 2022
Hey there,

A friend of mine purchased SG A52 4G from a dishonest re-seller who, by an odd quirk of fate, failed to mention it had originally been bought from a telecom provider on hire purchase. As you may presume the original buyer is not likely to pay the installments and as such my pal runs the risk of the deviced being blocked on a per-IMEI basis.

Do you by any chance know if there's any way around it and if so how to go about it? Should installing a custom ROM before the device gets blocked do the trick?

BestShot

Jan 21, 2022
First off you misread my thread as I'm not a buyer..

There's no way to return the device as the dishonest seller has disappeared into thin air. Well, thanks for the very sage advice of paying it off. I'm ever so sure that if you bought a device and had already paid and it cost you a pretty penny then you would be willing to pay someone else's installments and pay for it twice. That helps! Thanks.

BestShot

Jan 21, 2022
Altering the imei or installing custom roms that render your warranty invalid are illegal yet there so many threads in this community describing the processes in detail . Hence the sarcastic thanks - apologies if I offended anyone - I didn't mean to do so.

And just for context and for the record - the phone was bought by a not-so-tech-savvy and gullible person but I'll just explain to her she can basically throw the device away and come to terms with losing something in the order of 200 quid.