rk-FlightMode: Flight Mode On/Off/Toggle command line utility[release: 15 Oct 2007]

Search This thread

tytnguy

May 26, 2007
Just a click away
Here is the command line flight mode on/off/toggle utility.

Command lines to switch on and off
Code:
\Program Files\rk-FltMode\rk-FltMode.exe on
\Program Files\rk-FltMode\rk-FltMode.exe off
\Program Files\rk-FltMode\rk-FltMode.exe toggle

Developed to support rk-Sleep/rk-Location switch applications but could be used anywhere!

Note: This application requires Compact Framework 2.0
You need compact framework 2.0 installed inorder to run this application. The compact framework is already part of WM6, so if your device is WM6 skip this step. But most of the WM5 devices do not have this update. So you must download here and run the installation on your desktop (then active sync to update your device). Only after completing this step install the application.

Download from here

Last edited:

christopher L

Apr 14, 2006
Rajesh,
Thanks for adding the toggle funtion. Is there a way to assign either a soft or hardware button to the toggle funtion. Thank you for the help, I am not that familiar with command line stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

tytnguy

May 26, 2007
Just a click away
Rajesh,
Thanks for adding the toggle funtion. Is there a way to assign either a soft or hardware button to the toggle funtion. Thank you for the help, I am not that familiar with command line stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes christopher, You need to create a shortcut to 'rk-FltMode.exe' with the command line as specified in the first post
e.g
Code:

You can use resco explorer or any freeware application available to create the shortcut.

christopher L

Apr 14, 2006
I am not getting something. I went to /program files/rk-fltmode and in that file there is an exe that goes to your program. I made a shortcut and named it" rk-fltmode.exe TOGGLE". WHen I click on it it takes me to your program but that is it. Could you please give me a step by step instructions please.

I have the at&t tilt if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 212

tytnguy

May 26, 2007
Just a click away
I am not getting something. I went to /program files/rk-fltmode and in that file there is an exe that goes to your program. I made a shortcut and named it" rk-fltmode.exe TOGGLE". WHen I click on it it takes me to your program but that is it. Could you please give me a step by step instructions please.

I have the at&t tilt if that helps. Thanks in advance.

The shortcut name can be anything...
You need to right click on the shortcut you created.. and choose properties from the context menu
From the window displayed choose the tab 'Shortcut'
now edit the Target as follows
Click Ok on the top
Now tap on the shortcut you created it should toggle the flighmode for you...
If not let me know i will send you the shortcut

christopher L

Apr 14, 2006
Thank You, I finally was able to make it work. On the Tilt though it only turns off the Cell radio, it doesn't accually put it in flight mode. but it works for my purpose. Again thank you for al the hard work.

magnus48

Jul 3, 2007
Nice work.

:D

Only one question: Is it possible to enter the security pin automatically?

magnus48

Jul 3, 2007
Yes it's the sim lock.

In wm6, you can find it at Start -> Settings -> Phone (requiere PIN when phone is used)

edsub

Retired Moderator
May 25, 2004
There is an VERY old app by HTC that also switches on/off the GSM Radio (ie NO real flight mode) I am using it for years now. Packaged it into my own cab.
It has a very small memory footprint (5.5Kb, no frameworks needed!) and usage is easy: Star the program (the cab puts a link in Startmenu/programs) to togle the radio status.

Attachments

• eDsuBsofT_Radio_on_off.CAB
    5.8 KB · Views: 113

edsub

Retired Moderator
May 25, 2004
Yes it's the sim lock.

In wm6, you can find it at Start -> Settings -> Phone (requiere PIN when phone is used)

Security PIN is NOT the same as SIM Lock.
The security PIN is the code you have to supply when you want to use your SIM (ie when the GSM radio is switched on).
You can disable the security PIN like mentioned above.

SIM ock is something else: It prevents you to use SIM's from other networks than the device is locked to. You need an unlock code from your network operator or from www.imei-check.co.uk (you might have to pay for that) OR use some specific software to get rid of the SIM lock (search the forum if there is such software available for your device).

magnus48

Jul 3, 2007
I can't disable. I have a dual SIM. One pin is for personal use and the other one for business...

edsub

Retired Moderator
May 25, 2004
Of course you can disable the ecurity PIN, but maybe you don't want to...
BTW: For some dual SIM adaptors (like my 15th gen) you have to disable PIN security!