• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

rk-TSR Scheduled Theme Switcher (1.0.2)[Updated Sep 17,2007]

Search This thread

tytnguy

May 26, 2007
Just a click away
rk-TSR: Automatic theme/wallpaper switcher.

Latest version 1.0.2 Supports wallpaper switching too! and better file browser has been implemented.

Here is the theme/wallpaper switcher application I built to switch themes (*.tsk) and wallpaper (*.jpg,*.gif) based on the schedules you setup. i.e, Automatically loads the theme/wallpaper you specified at scheduled time.

I am using day, evening and night themes to reflect on my HTC today screen.

Supports command line execution
Code:
To enable the application-->   \program files\rk-TSR\rk-TSR.exe enable
To disable the application-->  \program files\rk-TSR\rk-TSR.exe disable
To load the theme-->  \program files\rk-TSR\rk-TSR.exe “\storage card\rkAzulBlue.tsk”
To load the wallpaper-->  \program files\rk-TSR\rk-TSR.exe “\storage card\MyWallpaper.jpg”
(To load the theme from command line the theme must be configured and listed in rk-TSR, but wallpaper would load without being listed in the application.)

Looks cool with the HTC weather icons!

Install and configure schedule for each theme

Also included my themes(You can use your own themes)

It will work on WM5 and WM6.
Does not write anything to registry and not memory resident (not a background process)

Attachments:
rkAzulThemes.zip contains three ziped themes, check the screenshot.
rk-TSRSetup.CAB is the theme/wallpaper switcher application
Let me know.

Note: this application requires Compact Framework 2.0
You need compact framework 2.0 installed inorder to run this application. The compact framework is already part of WM6, so if your device is WM6 skip this step. But most of the WM5 devices do not have this update. So you must download here and run the installation on your desktop (then active sync to update your device). Only after completing this step install the application.

If you like my work consider donation on paypal

Download from here

Attachments

• Screen009.jpg
    Screen009.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,148
  • rkAzulThemes.zip
    233.4 KB · Views: 1,291
  • rk-Azul-Themes.JPG
    rk-Azul-Themes.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 2,535
Last edited:

fluxc

Jul 8, 2007
Hi, sry but i m a noob.

The problem i m facing is : How do i get it working?

i've install the switcher already. but the problem is i cant get the themes working. As in i cant open the themes file frm my touch. ( the wants u uploaded.)

tytnguy

May 26, 2007
Just a click away
Hi, sry but i m a noob.

The problem i m facing is : How do i get it working?

i've install the switcher already. but the problem is i cant get the themes working. As in i cant open the themes file frm my touch. ( the wants u uploaded.)

Copy the *.tsk files to any directory(do not copy to \windows directory.)
You can put the tsk file on storage card or under \my documents. Now when you click 'add' button on the rk-TSR you it should show up. But when you click the 'add' button you have to make sure that the theme you are adding must be already loaded.

To load the themes go to Start\Settings\Today

Let me know if you need more information. Glad to help you.:)

fluxc

Jul 8, 2007
Copy the *.tsk files to any directory(do not copy to \windows directory.)
You can put the tsk file on storage card or under \my documents. Now when you click 'add' button on the rk-TSR you it should show up. But when you click the 'add' button you have to make sure that the theme you are adding must be already loaded.

To load the themes go to Start\Settings\Today

Let me know if you need more information. Glad to help you.:)

Thanks for your quick reply. Let me try it now and update u. Thanks.

fluxc

Jul 8, 2007
i got a Question. for the hr and min setting , how should i set it as? and how will the program knw when to switch? like from night(black) to morning(blue) ?

tytnguy

May 26, 2007
Just a click away
i got a Question. for the hr and min setting , how should i set it as? and how will the program knw when to switch? like from night(black) to morning(blue) ?

It can be custumized any way.... eg.

You can setup 22:00 to load the night theme(or any theme you like) and setup 06:00 Day theme, may be 15:00 to load the olive theme.

Bascially you are telling the program to load a theme for you at a time specified by you.

HTH

sbetts000

Jan 28, 2006
Mansfield, Notts
Thanks Tytnguy,

I dowloaded and use this great little program. Is it possible tweak it so I can set up different days also?

I have a theme for work hours and a different one for after 5pm. would be great set it different again on Sat/Sun.

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
Hello,

which with this program still another good thing would be, is automatic switch with sunset or stairway. There are yearly calendars for such information.

MfG

S64

kismat1970

Dec 19, 2006
Device : HTC Tytn

When the theme changes at the scheduled time, all elements of the theme change except for the background image. Works fine when I manually use the 'test' option.

Also, its a real pain to have to load up the theme before being able to set it. Also would be nice to beable to edit an existing entry (i.e. change the time and/or theme).

Looking good - and it could evolve into a great little utility.

Bil

tytnguy

May 26, 2007
Just a click away
When the theme changes at the scheduled time, all elements of the theme change except for the background image. Works fine when I manually use the 'test' option.
Bil
Are you using a theme and some background picture? Try themes only and see if it happens(Try the themes i posted and test it) I have been using only themes on my TyTn and never experienced any issues so far. Let me know what happens in your test.

Device : HTC Tytn
Also, its a real pain to have to load up the theme before being able to set it. Also would be nice to beable to edit an existing entry (i.e. change the time and/or theme).
Bil
Yeah, I know the theme loading is kind of a pain, but I need some additioal info from the theme in order to load it silently! So only when the theme is loaded I can get it from the registry and store it in my program! ;)
Yes being able to edit the time and swich existing themes should be a nice feature! I will do it for next version

Bye the way, thanks for trying it out and giving me the feedback :)

kismat1970

Dec 19, 2006
Are you using a theme and some background picture? Try themes only and see if it happens(Try the themes i posted and test it) I have been using only themes on my TyTn and never experienced any issues so far. Let me know what happens in your test.

No I am using just the theme (.tsk). Are you testing on a WM6 device?