RK292x + RT3188 based miracast HDMI stick firmware

Search This thread

Robert13b

Jul 15, 2015
hello dudes, i have wecast dongle, i got firmware files and drivers from seller. It is working with ios 9 and Android well.
Firmware file is in Wecast folder.
Does someone has got the latest firmware for the WeCast C2. I had version 4.80 but have not saved it and overwritten with this "new" firmware version 3.61

mjardeli

Apr 30, 2012
Hi,

Long thread but this is a good firmware, it will allow adb shell and as far as I tested good performance.

this is for RK2928 devices., you can download on:

mocreo . com/ipush-miracast-airplay-dlna-wifi-hdmi . html

francyesco

Dec 14, 2013
Hi,

Long thread but this is a good firmware, it will allow adb shell and as far as I tested good performance.

this is for RK2928 devices., you can download on:

mocreo . com/ipush-miracast-airplay-dlna-wifi-hdmi . html
Is this really compatibile with airplay iOS10?

Btw in the previous month I just got an OTA update for the firmware by ergotech now on v14.0.0

I think is the newest for these chips

tauhida

May 3, 2008
I had flashed my wecast ec-c2 dongle which had a 3.70 firmware before with the one provided by zett89 in post#31. After making sure I had the green light, hit upgrade button, and everything on information window of batchtool indicate successful flash. When I plug into tv... Blank screen! Waited like 15 mins or so and nothing happens decided to reflashed it again this time hitting restore (that's probably the biggest mistake I've made) and still blank screen on tv. I tried flashing the vieocast firmware, gives me "initializing..." screen on tv and that's as far as it goes.

Could someone with a working firmware on wecast dongle share their .img file? Is it possible to make copy of their .img file?

Thanks

Simonkjam

Dec 11, 2007
Venice
Me too, we need a firmware for Wecast-C2 dongle that works with IOS 10! The two firmware from Ergotech (V12 and V14) doesn't works because the wifi is not recongnized (missing wifi drivers?)

EDIT: The correct firmware version that works seems the firmware 4.30 of the dongle Anycast M2 PLUS

Last edited:
Me too, we need a firmware for Wecast-C2 dongle that works with IOS 10! The two firmware from Ergotech (V12 and V14) doesn't works because the wifi is not recongnized (missing wifi drivers?)

EDIT: The correct firmware version that works seems the firmware 4.30 of the dongle Anycast M2 PLUS

Where did you find firmware 4.30 to Anycast? Link please? Are you sure that Airplay works IOS 10 with this dongle or firmware? cheers

ryankabir

Oct 29, 2013
Dhaka
No Playlist freeze on Rockchip M1 CLONEcast

I have a similar model. I can clue you in on one thing I've noticed with stock (purchased 2016 for 15$) that the playlist/queue skip-freeze issue does not occur if using LocalCast instead of BubbleUpnp. IDK why but that's something I've found.

If you could inform me (I know software but not too comfortable opening up hw) how I can identify the exact chipset. It's id'd as Rockchip via the streaming programs but that's all I could find out. Haven't tried the boot whilst connected to PC + TV yet simply due to cable length. - And also if you figured out how to get it working from PC to stream.

For me it's absolutely fine from Android however chromecast browser function finds nothing & the EZCast software for Win7 finds nothing. EZ for mobile detects and is fine..

Any ideas + info on other firmware benefits? I, for example would like it to directly hit youtube or g/cloud instead of having to constantly go through phone..

sefmars

Oct 31, 2011
updated my engel en1003 with one of the firmwares via adb, adb push, and the /bin/update image.
Thing is that the batch tool does not work and ADB is gone now.... at least works with my samsung now....

sefmars

Oct 31, 2011
I suggest RKflashtool should still work.

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 4 через Tapatalk
Tried it, in win7 although i load the driver, the toll does not recognize it....
At least it loaded me the ota url... update.sunchip-tech.com:10086 but mircast is bad.... can anyone pass me teir ota to try to update it via ota.... as I see only 53 and 80 open...

Last edited:

cypriot

Sep 20, 2015
Their site was changed. I don't think that OTA update works

However there is a new firmware here
https://www.ergocity.com.tw/Page/Download_7
MD3056PW Version 15.
Enjoy

I have also tested Microsoft Display Adapter (got this half price for 25 euros), and works a bit better and with the new firmware updated I do not need to do extend screen, duplicate has now same quality as extend screen. Still watching live football on my TV when I get the chance and my kids cartoons using the cast screen/miracast/WiDi application from my old Lenovo T420 laptop with windows 8.1 CPU i7-2640M with intel hd 3000 using the WiDi driver 3.5.41.0 from Lenovo (220mb), or sometimes with cast screen from my android tablet.

Apart from these, the miracast dongle still works and has good quality.

Last edited:

wolfgang007

Oct 11, 2017
Does someone has got the latest firmware for the WeCast C2. I had version 4.80 but have not saved it and overwritten with this "new" firmware version 3.61

man do you have RKBATCH TOOL?
if u have try installing this updated .
cloudnetgo .com /CR-M200S .
{just delete the space between url}

worked magic on my ANYCAST dongle... both miracast and airplay working awesomely good...

ergotech didnt work with my anycast caause it had external antena

gufone

Apr 12, 2010
I've just bouth this dongle:
https://www.gearbest.com/digital-antenna/pp_452937.html
I'm serching info about it because it has problems to reproduce some mkv (won't open, or open without audio) and i want to try to update the firmware.
In the description it's stated that it has rk2928 chipset, but i think that's the newest one with rk3066 that we can find here:
www.ecdream.net
I think so because it can reproduce fluently h265 files, while the previous chipset can't support this kind of files.
This is my tv screen:

What's your opinion ? Eventually there is a video guide to open these devices and visually check the chipset used?
i fear to brake it....

ildar_prophet

Apr 20, 2011
johan-notes.blogspot.com
I've just bouth this dongle:
https://www.gearbest.com/digital-antenna/pp_452937.html
I'm serching info about it because it has problems to reproduce some mkv (won't open, or open without audio) and i want to try to update the firmware.
In the description it's stated that it has rk2928 chipset, but i think that's the newest one with rk3066 that we can find here:
www.ecdream.net
I think so because it can reproduce fluently h265 files, while the previous chipset can't support this kind of files.
This is my tv screen:

What's your opinion ? Eventually there is a video guide to open these devices and visually check the chipset used?
i fear to brake it....
That's easy. Use USB with adb. Get a shell and run `cat /proc/cpuinfo`

Отправлено с моего SM-G710K через Tapatalk

Reactions: gufone

gufone

Apr 12, 2010
I analyzed the package and it's clearly written that is equipped with rk3036. I'm getting old.
The only company that produce this dongle is ecdream that lule1981 has linked in the previous post.
i've downloaded the zip file and it contains this ProductionTool and these files:
RK1108Loader_V2.25.bin
RK3036_usb_boot_V1.13.bin
RK3036_usb_boot_V2.0.bin
rk3036loader.bin
wecast-E2-V6.16-3036-0605.img

If i try to flash just the image it asks for a loader too, but which one?

kdon5w.jpg

Last edited:

ildar_prophet

Apr 20, 2011
johan-notes.blogspot.com
I analyzed the package and it's clearly written that is equipped with rk3036. I'm getting old.
The only company that produce this dongle is ecdream that lule1981 has linked in the previous post.
i've downloaded the zip file and it contains this ProductionTool and these files:
RK1108Loader_V2.25.bin
RK3036_usb_boot_V1.13.bin
RK3036_usb_boot_V2.0.bin
rk3036loader.bin
wecast-E2-V6.16-3036-0605.img

kdon5w.jpg

)
Actually you don't need to flash bootloader. You'd better not.
1. There's another flash tool: rkflashtool [emoji106]
BTW You can also make the full backup with it )
2. Is this FW more fresh then you have on the device?
3. So your dongle doesn't provide adb interface ((( I got a better luck with mine. Then what it provides? Mass storage? ... ?

Отправлено с моего SM-G710K через Tapatalk

gufone

Apr 12, 2010
1. The command line tool? I'll give a try.
2. There is no way to know it, I suspect that ecdream use the same firmware for all its 3066 dongles, indeed the provided one is named E8something, that is another model.
3. The dongle is recognized by pc only if I keep pressed the switch button while connecting the usb cable, and it's seen in maskrom mode by rkbatchtool.

I know that sooner or later I'll try to update it, I think that it came to me bad flashed from the start, it opens half of my videos through dlna without audio regardless the code used.
I also have an older stick with amlogic chipset (flashed to ezcast) that plays everything, but this newer one never lag and can seek through the video without buffering.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if someone is interested this firmware allowed me to miracast with a samsung galaxy tab s
    tried other firmwares (CR-M200,ugoos-ug017,CX-V3) but only this was updated
    http://www.cloudnetgo.com/CR-M200S.htm

Regards
    I got a Tronsmart CX-V3 dongle and I was wondering how to update it, since Tronsmart has -of course- no updates. So tried to find some more clones who could have an update and maybe even the manufacturer.
    The latest I managed to find is version 9.0.0, dated 21-4-2015, by Ergotech. Their MD3054 and MD3056 seem to be the same according to the doc file in MD3054's update (8.0.0 rc1) (*1), so I downloaded MD3056's (*2) and flashed it. Sunchip-Tech strongly advices to update the software(*3), so i didn't have any hesitations.
    A PDF included in 3056's update as well in the *3 link, indicates that there is OTA update option via the manufacturer (Sunchip-Tech). This means that maybe all Miracast sticks of this manufacturer can be updated directly by Sunchip-Tech. Keep in mind that the menu language will be switched to Chinese after the update, but it can be very easily switched back to English in the settings menu.
    Ergotech's download page can be found in link *4.

While searching, I noticed than some RK2928 based Miracast dongles were called Lollipop (not because of Android). I searched a bit more and found Rockchip's user guide for RK2928 wireless HDMI dongles(*5), which calls RK2928 dongles as Lollipop. Seems that the reference Rockchip design is followed by the manufacturers. In that user guide I noticed the settings screen is same as my dongle's, but the main screen picture is different though same to some other RK2928/Lollipop dongles I had seen while searching. So probably there is an other manufacturer who kept the original main screen and maybe has even newer software. I did some more searching and the latest I could find is CloudNet's 3.21.00 (dated 28-5-2015) for CR-M200S. This one has OTA settings too, unveiling its manufacturer is Hotack. I believe it is a newer version than Ergotech's/Sunchip-Tech's version 9.0.0 because it has boot version 1.41 instead of 1.40.
    CR-M200S download page is at link *6 and in lucize's post too.

Relatively new firmwares are also available by these companies:
    Emtec (emtec-international.com/en-eu/Firmware-F100)
    Ugoos (ugoos.net/A3S)

*1 drive.google.com/file/d/0B3bETZxL2iACYXdvV2VIdVh4dUU/view
    *2 drive.google.com/file/d/0B3bETZxL2iACRXRZWndNRDRwZmM/view
    *3 ergotech.com.tw/tw/newsdetail.aspx?id=106
    *4 ergotech.com.tw/tw/Download_detail.aspx?key=
    *5 upload.sunsky-online.com/res/drivers/S-EAT-0179.pdf
    *6 cloudnetgo.com/CR-M200S.htm
    hello dudes, i have wecast dongle, i got firmware files and drivers from seller. It is working with ios 9 and Android well.
    Firmware file is in Wecast folder.
    Here is link;
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m2uomx31zez43qy/AABHuum4DZY1r_4Bx0w9nlLwa?dl=0
    I did some more searching and the latest I could find is CloudNet's 3.21.00 (dated 28-5-2015) for CR-M200S. This one has OTA settings too, unveiling its manufacturer is Hotack. I believe it is a newer version than Ergotech's/Sunchip-Tech's version 9.0.0 because it has boot version 1.41 instead of 1.40.
    CR-M200S download page is at link *6 and in lucize's post too.
    *6 cloudnetgo.com/CR-M200S.htm
    I can approve that the CR-M200S firmware you linked works quite well. Have you tried the OTA update too?
    working on wp 8.1 witch the soft from ugoos.net/A3S