[RK3188/3066/2918] Custom Firmware Tool for Windows

Search This thread

misk8er

Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
Longtime lurker. But its time to contribute! I recently bought a TimingPower RK3188 and searched high and low for these tools. After endless hours of searching and translating Chinese and Japanese I brought this little package together to build your own CFW. This probably isn't for complete newbies but I made it as simple as possible. I can confirm it works on my TimingPower RK3188 using Rockchip Batch Tool as well as copying update.img to SD. Anyway, enjoy!

This is what it does:

Extract update.img as well as system.img

Pre-root your firmware

Open system folder to edit your rom

Repack update.img

I cant post links so previews are a no no I guess. Let me know how it works. If this is the wrong section I apologize.

Attachments

• cfwpreview.jpg
    cfwpreview.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 10,264
  • rockchipcfw.7z
    3.5 MB · Views: 12,307
Last edited:

slick4mitch

Oct 11, 2009
Hi, I also bought a TimingPower RK3188 and was wondering where can I find Roms for it? Like a Finless Rom that might work for it? Anyone? Thanks!

Neptune23

Jan 14, 2013
Dear misk8er,
thanks so much for this!

I just used your tool to pre-root my RK3066 stock rom of my TX12D tablet.

Works perfect

Regards, Neptune

webipsum

Nov 12, 2013
Hi.
When I run cfwtool.bat.
Update.img (RK3188).
Appears 3 options.
Please, what steps (steps to steps) for make pre-root in an image?
Tks...
:good:

Last edited:

misk8er

Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
I am looking to buy one of these. How well do you like it?

I like it just fine, replaced my windows computer. only thing i have a hard time with is accepting the game quality lol. i miss windows games

the timing power one is what im looking into as well. whats the story with roms and development?

uhhh not sure what to say. i do it in my very rare spare time. i can take requests. i made my personal rom as small as possible. basically all i kept was a browser, google play and a media player. oh and flash player. everything else i just installed from google play

cmserio

Dec 19, 2013
I bought 2 of these

the timing power one is what im looking into as well. whats the story with roms and development?

I am quite happy with them. However, some notes are in order. I received them with firmware 20130715 installed, and that does not support 1080p. The timingpower.com website offers 2 updated images for it, one 20131101, the other 20131104. The 20131101 image has some improvements over the 20130715 version, but still offers only 720p, but the 20131104 version does offer 1080p. I updated both units to the 1104 version, and it went smoothly, but it can be a bit unstable at times. The screen and sound cut out at random intervals, but I got used to that, even thought it is quite annoying. Overall the picture is amazing (i use it on a 65" flat screen). Speed is acceptable, not a gaming computer, but fast enough. Takes a bit to get used to using it, keep wanting to right-click stuff for options, and get dumped back a screen.

Suggest that you get a USB 2 hub (more ports are better). I connected a USB keyboard, USB mouse and USB camera (all cheap, nothing fancy), and they all worked fine. However, the tiny Bluetooth keyboard (IS11-BT05) that I got, doesn't seem to work. It pairs up just fine, and shows as recognized, but after that, nothing.

One caution note: if you do flash your device, make sure that you use a newer computer, with USB 2.0 , really old PC's with USB 1.1 will not work.

Making your own version of the ROM shouldn't be too difficult. Plenty of advise here, and there are even some tools available on the TimingPower site. I'm in the middle of customizing mine, and I have not found it particularly difficult. I mainly want to scrap some of the basic stuff, and make it more sleek (to my tastes). I am also considering incorporating a dual-boot option, for Android <-> Linus (not sure of what flavor yet).

BTW, I have an English translated version of the Chinese RKBatchTool Manual, should anyone need it.

clarkss12

Apr 13, 2014
KitKat for CS968

I have been using your program to root my CS968 and other rockchip tv boxes running 4.2. I have now installed 4.4 rom, but you program does not work on KitKat. Does anyone know how to root a kitkat rom for my RK3188 CS968? I would be most greatfull.
thanks

SergioPoverony

Jan 17, 2011
rk3xxx-firmware-tools-by-sergiopoverony

I make more time ago Tools - you can find on Google - tag rk3xxx-firmware-tools-by-sergiopoverony

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Longtime lurker. But its time to contribute! I recently bought a TimingPower RK3188 and searched high and low for these tools. After endless hours of searching and translating Chinese and Japanese I brought this little package together to build your own CFW. This probably isn't for complete newbies but I made it as simple as possible. I can confirm it works on my TimingPower RK3188 using Rockchip Batch Tool as well as copying update.img to SD. Anyway, enjoy!

This is what it does:

Extract update.img as well as system.img

Pre-root your firmware

Open system folder to edit your rom

Repack update.img

I cant post links so previews are a no no I guess. Let me know how it works. If this is the wrong section I apologize.
    Hi, I also bought a TimingPower RK3188 and was wondering where can I find Roms for it? Like a Finless Rom that might work for it? Anyone? Thanks!

pm'ed