[RK3188/3066/2918] Custom Firmware Tool for Windows

Search This thread

moss20

Jul 3, 2011
I'm looking for a tool that makes a backup of the original firmware in easy and safe way,wich tool do you suggest me ?

dbjc

Nov 20, 2009
I make more time ago Tools - you can find on Google - tag rk3xxx-firmware-tools-by-sergiopoverony

Tried your tool.
I use RK3xxx_firmware_tools 4.2.22.0.
Any firmware I try to Extract after Selecting .img bring that same error:
RK3xxx_FWT_Error.png

Could you tell what goes wrong? I tried this on EQUANCY's CS968 Exclusive MODDED ROM EQS-v2.0M 1080p and with CS968 Android 4.4 based ROMs from freaktab's Tech1.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Longtime lurker. But its time to contribute! I recently bought a TimingPower RK3188 and searched high and low for these tools. After endless hours of searching and translating Chinese and Japanese I brought this little package together to build your own CFW. This probably isn't for complete newbies but I made it as simple as possible. I can confirm it works on my TimingPower RK3188 using Rockchip Batch Tool as well as copying update.img to SD. Anyway, enjoy!

This is what it does:

Extract update.img as well as system.img

Pre-root your firmware

Open system folder to edit your rom

Repack update.img

I cant post links so previews are a no no I guess. Let me know how it works. If this is the wrong section I apologize.

The only thing I get when I run your tool and I choose 'unpack' is a new file explorer window that appears with 'Temp' (empty folder) selected within the 'Windows\System32' folder. And immediately the menu changes to let me choose between different RKs. Nothing else. No file is extracted/unpacked.

Tried using EQUANCY's CS968 Exclusive MODDED ROM EQS-v2.0M 1080p and CS968 Android 4.4 based ROMs from freaktab's Tech1. These are the ROMs I use. Which tools did they use to make their ROMs?

Last edited:

Lannig

Mar 21, 2012
Hey, looks like a nice and handy tool, thanks for this. But unfortunately the main EXE is compiled as a 64-bit app so it's not usable for many of us. All the other tools in the "bin" subdirectory are 32-bit and therefore OK.

elvis56

Jul 11, 2010
This doesn't seem to be a popular tool but it's very useful. I had an update.zip that for some reason would not flash correctly. Extracted an older update in img format, updated it with files from the update.zip, repacked it and I was able to flash the update.

theronkinator

Apr 16, 2011
I cant post links so previews are a no no I guess. Let me know how it works. If this is the wrong section I apologize.

Hi, the tool seems great, but for some reason when I extract the rom the size is fine, but when I repack it goes from ~700mb to ~90mb. It looks like instead of merging the temp>system folder, it's just making that the only system folder in the rom, is that right, I thought it merged them to make a full new rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Longtime lurker. But its time to contribute! I recently bought a TimingPower RK3188 and searched high and low for these tools. After endless hours of searching and translating Chinese and Japanese I brought this little package together to build your own CFW. This probably isn't for complete newbies but I made it as simple as possible. I can confirm it works on my TimingPower RK3188 using Rockchip Batch Tool as well as copying update.img to SD. Anyway, enjoy!

This is what it does:

Extract update.img as well as system.img

Pre-root your firmware

Open system folder to edit your rom

Repack update.img

Hi, I also bought a TimingPower RK3188 and was wondering where can I find Roms for it? Like a Finless Rom that might work for it? Anyone? Thanks!

pm'ed