• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question RM 6 Pro: unable to switch to Global ROM V425 using official method

Search This thread

pstzz

Dec 29, 2019
I'm trying to install the Global ROM V425 using the official method given on Nubia's website, but it's not working. If anyone can help me solve the problem, I'll be so grateful!

I downloaded V425 from the official download page and copied the NX669J-update.zip file to the root directory of the phone, then tried to do the update as follows:
Settings >> System Update >> ... >> Local update >> select the file >> Only install

After about 10 seconds, I got this error:
Upgrade package and the current phone version does not match, can not be updated, please check the current version is obtained from the official channel

I'm not sure what to do now, and having seen that error message I'm now afraid that if I try any other method for the update I might brick the phone, since I've already been warned that the software is not compatible.

The current software version is NX669J_CNCommon_V7.14 and when I checked for updates I got a message telling me the current version is the latest.

Phone info...

Model: NX669J-P
Red Magic OS: V4.5
Build number: NX669J_CNCommon_V7.14
Android version: 11
Hardware version: NX669J_V1AMB

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help!

-----

UPDATE: I noticed that in the About Phone section the device name is "腾讯红魔游戏手机6Pro" which translates to "Tencent Red Magic Game Phone 6Pro".
Seems it might be the Tencent version of the phone. Could this be the reason I'm getting the error message? Is it possible to put the Global ROM on the Tencent version?

Last edited:
Hi,
I am originally using global version with the latest updated v4.25 rom since September and i think you are using the tencent set with CN rom installed on your device. Why would you change to global? Is it cooler with CN rom? I bet you will regret you will lose so many features that you can get on CN if you are migrating to the Global rom.

pstzz

Dec 29, 2019
The main reason is that the phone's current ROM doesn't have Google apps/services

pstzz

Dec 29, 2019
Is it possible to sideload Google apps onto this device with current ROM or the only way is to flash global ROM?

pstzz

Dec 29, 2019
Thanks a lot - maybe I have been overcomplicating this issue! Will check and see if j can get it installed

Reactions: imNazreen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks a lot - maybe I have been overcomplicating this issue! Will check and see if j can get it installed