Roboto Font APK ...Updated working apk link.

Search This thread

qsec

Apr 5, 2010
IT works that far but selecting it won't do anything. At least on my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Try to change to another font than Roboto or standard. And then back to Roboto again, for me it is working that way. The only issue I have is that the clock at the top bar is slightly cut of at the last digit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

lonndoggie

May 31, 2011
That's not new, that doesn't change anything ...
Well, it does, if all goes well. It worked for me. Here's the full sequence of events:

1. Download the apk, either onto your computer then transfer onto your SD card, or directly via your phone's web browser.
2. Run the APK (make sure you have install from unknown sources enabled under settings->applications). To run it, use something like Astro file manager, navigate to the apk on your sd card, and click on it; select install from the menu that pops up.
3. Once installed, go to settings->display->font style and select Roboto.

I had some nutty looking font installed prior, so the change was obvious--and I'm pretty sure it is different, but it's subtle. The "o"'s are a little rounder with roboto than the default font, for example.

zengeist

Sep 1, 2010
Can someone post an image of Roboto actually working? I think that this APK is just a modified Helvetica (e.g. Samsung's default font).

If you look at Roboto, you'll notice the distinct Rs and the rounded C. Also, the Number 1 has a very strong slant on the top. All of my other FlipFonts work fine.

vUksi

Jun 19, 2011
Try to change to another font than Roboto or standard. And then back to Roboto again, for me it is working that way. The only issue I have is that the clock at the top bar is slightly cut of at the last digit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
I've tried and it looks like nothing it should look like.

For a better look how the font looks check this thread
Ok, wrote the same text as in that other thread:
same%20as.png

Attachments

• default.jpg
    default.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 603
  • roboto.jpg
    roboto.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:

MrDrumngun

May 24, 2011
Coming from the Nexus S 4g here running CM7.1 I used font installer and it worked. Nice font I guess. Anything to resemble ICS lol

tasty_boy

Dec 26, 2009
cant believe that until now, we're able just to use the font...
lol, that's so little...
font is nothing based in what we've seen at ICS release event!!

wltklah

Jul 29, 2011
Urbana
I notice it's different. I think the update for the roboto font is focusing on clarity of letters when you are not so zoomed-in for the text. You will be able to notice the different it makes when you only zoom-in a little. Try it!!

Carnelain

Sep 20, 2011
Arnhem
I'm also on cyanogenmod and font installer worked fine. Couldn't really tell the difference from the screenshots but now I have it installed it looks better. Especially the numbers look better.

mmmajor

May 6, 2010
Charleston, SC
There is absolutely no difference in this font from the the default..IMO..ive switch back and forth atleast 5 times and nothing changes. I think the apk file attached in this thread is not working...

seananderson

Jun 14, 2010
Not working on SGSII

There is absolutely no difference in this font from the the default..IMO..ive switch back and forth atleast 5 times and nothing changes. I think the apk file attached in this thread is not working...

Or, if it is working, it is not the same font as shown on the keynote. To me it look exactly like the "Default" font on the SGSII.

I also downloaded the TTF versinon to see what it looked like in Windows, and it also doesn't look like the Roboto font in the keynote.

onslaught86

Jul 26, 2009
ASUS ROG Phone II
OPPO Find X2 Pro
I tried making a flipfont apk for this last night, there's a great guide in the Vibrant forums, but the Roboto font is not signed. As such, it will show up fine in the display options preview, yet will not actually display on the device as the system font. That's what's happening here.

I tried signing it myself, the software just refused to do it. Hopefully someone else manages.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

claimui

Sep 11, 2011
Taipei
IMO it is not worth it to bother with the Flipfonts. Use the flashable zip or other resources at this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1309557

I personally prefer to just get the Roboto ttf files and install them with the Font Changer app (free on Market). Some apps/widgets can also use the ttf files so it's nice to keep them on the phone, and Font Changer lets you easily swap between them.

Also you can see my signature if you want a Roboto replacement for the lockscreen clock.

Bloomfield87

Aug 5, 2011
I just extracted the .apk in the OP and got the font that way.

Deleted (from system/fonts) Clockopia.ttf (apparently not lined up properly but it doesn't bother me :p), DroidSans.ttf, DroidSans-Bold.ttf and then pasted in the file from the .apk renamed as those 3 files. Reboot after you've added the files.

Works fine that way, and doesn't really take any longer :).

SC20111020_061441.png

claimui

Sep 11, 2011
Taipei
The Flipfonts are very convenient, but you need to either make them yourself or rely on somebody else to do it. Also they only work on the Samsung phones or other phones with the Flipfont app installed.

TTF files are very widely available. You can use them on any phone and also on your computer. Other apps/widgets can also use the TTF files. And Font Changer makes it very easy to change between different TTF files.

Anyway it's up to you. I used the Flipfonts for a while, but it later turned out to be much easier to get the TTFs I wanted than to get/create the flipfont apks.

Deleted (from system/fonts) Clockopia.ttf (apparently not lined up properly but it doesn't bother me :p)

If you want an aligned Clockopia.ttf, you can grab it from my signature.

Reactions: Bloomfield87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi , I managed to create apk of roboto fonts !!!

Install it and let me know, how do you feel about fonts !!!

I must thank AndroidPolice for a link to zip file of fonts. :)

Update , working apk by reddit.... Thanks ... Take a look at this post...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18613907
    Here is a new APK that worked on my phone when the OP's didn't.

via user: Brainfuck on Reddit
    Care to share flashable .ZIP? :)

Here you go
    I also installed and saw no difference after activating it on settings / display ...

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S II / android 2.3.5
    if i am not mistaken you actually need to have a rooted phone in order to use this.

As the fonts are stored in the System, they are not accesible by the apk directly.
    I dont believe that it will work with any stock Rom.

But someone with higher knowledge might shed some more light into this if i am wrong.

IN Galaxy S II, You can install ... as FlipFonts ...this is added as FlipFont.