• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROG Phone 2 ROM to ASUS ROM (Tencent Version)

Search This thread

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
So read through the whole thread,

In Summary

* Bootloader can be unlocked
* CN version can be rooted
* There is still no way to flash a WW Rom on the CN version because there is no WW Rom available yet ..

Correct?

andixxx81

Apr 29, 2011
Hello..i have problem install Playstore in Rog Phone2 8/128,,before i have 2 unit..1st unit i just install playstore apk and work properly..but the 2nd unit i install,and always " theres a problem communicating..." even with wifi no luck,,i try factory reset,and install again..but same..

Confuse..why 1st unit playstore work great..and this 2nd unit cannot work

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone II
Hello..i have problem install Playstore in Rog Phone2 8/128,,before i have 2 unit..1st unit i just install playstore apk and work properly..but the 2nd unit i install,and always " theres a problem communicating..." even with wifi no luck,,i try factory reset,and install again..but same..

Confuse..why 1st unit playstore work great..and this 2nd unit cannot work
What did you do with your first device that is different from the second one?
The only thing that can cause issues for the Google play store not working properly has to do with your internet connection. If you are in China you will need a VPN and even if you are using a VPN make sure the VPN is connected and not attempting to connect because it might block the internet connection while attempting to connect.

andixxx81

Apr 29, 2011
What did you do with your first device that is different from the second one?
The only thing that can cause issues for the Google play store not working properly has to do with your internet connection. If you are in China you will need a VPN and even if you are using a VPN make sure the VPN is connected and not attempting to connect because it might block the internet connection while attempting to connect.

Update...now working properly sir... I just do clear data playstore and all set now..thx for advice.
FYI..im live in indonesia

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
where did you order from and if u dont mind telling, how much did you pay?

liaow has it in stock. I've got mine from there.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Quick Update;

Easy Firmware has the flash files for the ROG II WW Firmware.
Anyone tried checking them?

I've got no account with them to try.

Reactions: supertory

engroupmedia

Aug 22, 2019
any problem with dead notification ?

Can anyone please let me know I just order one but worry about the dead notification if China ROM ,have you guys get notification on it without open run on back ground thank for all info read from 1-10 pages

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the phone, it has Google play services embedded you only need to install the Google play store from the websites of the like Apkmirror and you are good to go.
    I don't think you need to install other region's rom even if that is possible in the future, the CN roms are the first to get updates and they do have more app features than the global one for instance call recording is already embedded.
    Hey, i m planning to upgrade from my 6t and i m still thinking between 1+7 pro or Rog 2. I m kinda confused. Can you tell more about your experience moving from the 7 pro to rog 2? Especially the screen since it is has higher resolution and the system difference feel?
    Thanks.

I like both phones after i rooted ROG2 because i can do more thing and i can run TitaniumBackup
    • Screen: i dont notice any difference between them at all (FHD vas QHD, 90Hz vs 120Hz). However, i got a touch lag, ghost touch sometime with 1+ . also the curve screen sometime will be the problem when the text is near the side screen (you will see it when you use the text editor). both phones are equal in the screen/ display in term of color or performance.
    • OS: smooth for both however i feel 1+ get hot quite faster than ROG2 :confused:. down side of ROG 2: we dont have twrp, kernel etc... so can not do more thing now beside root/ magisk.
    • Camera: 1+ 7 pro much much better. Rog2 is gaming phone so camera is just average. Gcam for Rog2 is not good atm.
    • Battery: 6k vs 4k. 10-12 SOT vs 4-6 SOT. Charging: 2h15 mins vs 1h:30 mins. i prefer ROG2 more than 1+ 7 pro here.
    4 days with ROG2 and 2.5 month with 1+7 pro.
    Any chance you can post a link here for those of us that don't read mandarin? Also, if there is a bootloader unlock and a global flash-all zip, we should be able to flash the WW version over CN. We don't actually need a recovery.img...

I was able to get to the bootloader unlock download, here you go:
    https://www.asus.com/tw/Phone/ROG-Phone-II/HelpDesk_Download/

Can somebody with the CN version try that bootloader unlock tool? If it works, we can definitely flash the WW firmware when asus puts it on their site. Whether it boots or not, well thats another issue. But I am going to give it a go when I have mine and they release the WW firmware.

Check back the thread. We unlock bl our tencent version, root it with magisk no problem so far. Waiting for ww rom.
    I am finalizing my order for the Tencent version, I have a quick question from Rog Tencent version owners.
    Can I install banking apps and certificates on CN rom, it should work if the phone has google playstore services. however, just to confirm, do I need to flash it to WW for that?

I have Play Store sideloaded on the stock/locked CN version, and my USA banking apps work correctly (bank check deposit, Robinhood) including fingerprint login. I haven't tried installing certificates.
    only working for some old zenfone devices :
    you must flash a RAW firmware ( recovery.img inside ) with Asus Flash Tool.cmd
    and at this time the only WW RAW firmware we have is without recovery.img

qx87Nfs.png

If it is an A/B slot device, there isn't a recovery.img anymore.