• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROG Phone 2 ROM to ASUS ROM (Tencent Version)

Search This thread

velvetmxo

Jul 15, 2011
Fujikawaguchiko
Personally , I think it's the same.
HDR and DualWifi(Which some people said that Tencent version doesn't have) is also works.
Thanks for the quick reply. I too am living in Japan and my S9 took a dive near Mt. Fuji. Either way, thanks a lot for the great news.
Forgot to ask one last thing. How's the LTE signal? I use Softbank. Probably doesn't matter, but figured I would ask.

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
for old devices :
with recovery.img :
you can downgrade android version
you can reflash another SKU firmware
but since zenfone 5Q i never seen recovery.img in ASUS raw firmwares
exemple with zenfone 5Q ZC600KL recovery.img

YzVI2ST.png

92cQI0E.png

SKU :
SKU Stock Keeping Unit

CMCC China Mobile Communications Corporation
CTCC China Telecom
CUCC China Unicom

CN version: ChiNa
ID/IN/TH version: InDonesia INdia THailand
WW version: WordWide
US/BR version: United States BRazil
TW/JP/HK/SG/PH version:Taiwan JaPan Hong-Kong SinGapore PHilippines

regards

Hey Bro,

Any update on the Rom conversion from your end?
We have both WW and CN firmware out in the Asus site now.

velvetmxo

Jul 15, 2011
Fujikawaguchiko
I'm using IIJmio(Docomo) I think it's quite good! Maybe even better than my international S8.

He dude one last question did you get from JD? I am looking at them and they have it. IF so how long did it take for you to receive it and the import tax? if you like you can send me a PM if that is cool. I wanted to make sure I transfer the right funds to my US bank... JP bank is annoying.

eTan-Jay

Aug 28, 2019
67945484_2328974740485277_1286323824475766784_n.jpg

67564239_2328974753818609_1328653793784496128_n.jpg

67562378_2328974927151925_4771329441718599680_n.jpg

it seem the 12GB standard version still has tencent logo??? so i dont think it will has any difference in term of hardware. OS might be change

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

18w charge?
Do you think we will get root soon?

just saw this post and here i thought that even 12gb ram version of tencent type also has the same type of hardware (glass + metal back and no aero case)
but it seems like i was wrong hmm..
anw did u get a 30 watt charger from the 12gb ram verision of tencent type?

vickkkk

Sep 2, 2019
Help needed

I am finalizing my order for the Tencent version, I have a quick question from Rog Tencent version owners.
Can I install banking apps and certificates on CN rom, it should work if the phone has google playstore services. however, just to confirm, do I need to flash it to WW for that?

RogPhoney

Aug 23, 2019
I am finalizing my order for the Tencent version, I have a quick question from Rog Tencent version owners.
Can I install banking apps and certificates on CN rom, it should work if the phone has google playstore services. however, just to confirm, do I need to flash it to WW for that?

I have Play Store sideloaded on the stock/locked CN version, and my USA banking apps work correctly (bank check deposit, Robinhood) including fingerprint login. I haven't tried installing certificates.

Reactions: vickkkk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the phone, it has Google play services embedded you only need to install the Google play store from the websites of the like Apkmirror and you are good to go.
    I don't think you need to install other region's rom even if that is possible in the future, the CN roms are the first to get updates and they do have more app features than the global one for instance call recording is already embedded.
    Hey, i m planning to upgrade from my 6t and i m still thinking between 1+7 pro or Rog 2. I m kinda confused. Can you tell more about your experience moving from the 7 pro to rog 2? Especially the screen since it is has higher resolution and the system difference feel?
    Thanks.

I like both phones after i rooted ROG2 because i can do more thing and i can run TitaniumBackup
    • Screen: i dont notice any difference between them at all (FHD vas QHD, 90Hz vs 120Hz). However, i got a touch lag, ghost touch sometime with 1+ . also the curve screen sometime will be the problem when the text is near the side screen (you will see it when you use the text editor). both phones are equal in the screen/ display in term of color or performance.
    • OS: smooth for both however i feel 1+ get hot quite faster than ROG2 :confused:. down side of ROG 2: we dont have twrp, kernel etc... so can not do more thing now beside root/ magisk.
    • Camera: 1+ 7 pro much much better. Rog2 is gaming phone so camera is just average. Gcam for Rog2 is not good atm.
    • Battery: 6k vs 4k. 10-12 SOT vs 4-6 SOT. Charging: 2h15 mins vs 1h:30 mins. i prefer ROG2 more than 1+ 7 pro here.
    4 days with ROG2 and 2.5 month with 1+7 pro.
    Any chance you can post a link here for those of us that don't read mandarin? Also, if there is a bootloader unlock and a global flash-all zip, we should be able to flash the WW version over CN. We don't actually need a recovery.img...

I was able to get to the bootloader unlock download, here you go:
    https://www.asus.com/tw/Phone/ROG-Phone-II/HelpDesk_Download/

Can somebody with the CN version try that bootloader unlock tool? If it works, we can definitely flash the WW firmware when asus puts it on their site. Whether it boots or not, well thats another issue. But I am going to give it a go when I have mine and they release the WW firmware.

Check back the thread. We unlock bl our tencent version, root it with magisk no problem so far. Waiting for ww rom.

I have Play Store sideloaded on the stock/locked CN version, and my USA banking apps work correctly (bank check deposit, Robinhood) including fingerprint login. I haven't tried installing certificates.
    only working for some old zenfone devices :
    you must flash a RAW firmware ( recovery.img inside ) with Asus Flash Tool.cmd
    and at this time the only WW RAW firmware we have is without recovery.img

qx87Nfs.png

If it is an A/B slot device, there isn't a recovery.img anymore.