• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Rog phone 3 (Tencent edition) USB -C port charging but not recognized on my laptop.(Lenovo)

Search This thread

CaptainX40

Jun 16, 2021
ASUS ROG Phone 3
  1. Model Name: ROG 3 trncent edition( ZS661KS)
  2. Firmware Version:WW-17.0823.2012.131
  3. Rooted or not: yes ( was trying to root)
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Got<HARDBRICKED>
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no app used.(magisk or anything else)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My rog phone 3 (tencent), which i brought about 6 months ago. I never had any issues like this.

The other day i opened my camera and suddenly the front camera was not working. I restarted the phone, did factory reset, cleared camera data, but nothing solved the issue. I thought i have to upgrade the firmware. So i downloaded the new firmware (2012.143) and connected the usb c cable with my laptop ( lenovo ideapad 320) , but it did not recognize. i tried both ports. I never had this problem before. I unlocked the bootloader, i thought it might help. I also turned on the developer option and selected FTP protocol and USB debugging. But it still didn't connect. while i was trying to enter bootloader recovery mode I accidently put the phone on EDL mode and now its bricked 😥. The indicator light is flashing when i connect to the pc but the PC isn't recognizing the port ( i downloaded the qualcomm EDL driver on my laptop also, but the port option is not showing at all). Is it hardware problem, But the phone was charging just fine.

please suggest some help

Last edited:

darkensx

Feb 18, 2011
Dalton NH
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Sounds like a hardware malfunction or damage to something on the board (burnt out microchip or resistor something along those lines) something a cell phone or repair shop could have fixed but.. it sounds like you bricked it in combination with the other issue which your best bet now is a new rog phone and sell your current one for parts or repair.. just because the cost to repair it would probably be more than what it is worth as it would require professional repair.

CaptainX40

Jun 16, 2021
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Sounds like a hardware malfunction or damage to something on the board (burnt out microchip or resistor something along those lines) something a cell phone or repair shop could have fixed but.. it sounds like you bricked it in combination with the other issue which your best bet now is a new rog phone and sell your current one for parts or repair.. just because the cost to repair it would probably be more than what it is worth as it would require professional repair.
Bro my phone turned on, and it functioned normally, i didn't brick it, it was probably battery dead, i charged it for hours and it turned on.. But how do you fix a power IC that supply power from the battery . Is it the one in the (picture) , Because sometimes when it charge it gives only the green light and black screen.

Attachments

• 2021-07-23-04-37-18.png
    2021-07-23-04-37-18.png
    525.6 KB · Views: 11

Firdhaus81

Aug 16, 2016
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Iam having an issue on debug. My bottom side is ok on getting debugged.. but my side port tends only to go in charging state.. mine not rooted or anything. Im just trying to downgrade firmware. any advise?