Question Rog Phone 5 Brick

Search This thread

Balmyr

Jun 22, 2017
Hello to all,

I apologize in advance for this message.
I mistakenly bricked my phone,

It was running WW-18.0840.2201.226 (Android 11).

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it again, but I'm sure I'll be able to use it again in the future.
The recovery mode does not work anymore. It remains stuck on the logo.

Concerning the device manager :

In Bootloader, nothing is detected
When I test the recovery mode, it detects 'Android Composite ADB interface'.

However, the ADB commands do not work (Unauthaurized)

This is a call for help, I don't know which tutorial to look at to help me.
Do I need to get a Deep Flash Cable to restore the phone?

Excuse my English, I'm French ^^'

Last edited:

Balmyr

Jun 22, 2017
Hi Rico,

If I have to delete the post I will do it, it's not a problem.

Do you think I can put this post in the topic you gave me?
I had come across it in my research but I didn't know if it needed a Deep Flash Cable
I didn't know that my problem was similar to the one in the post because I don't have a 9008 mode

B.

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Nexus 6P
Huawei Mate 20 X
Hi Rico,

I had come across it in my research but I didn't know if it needed a Deep Flash Cable
I didn't know that my problem was similar to the one in the post because I don't have a 9008 mode

B.

There is nothing wrong with your post at all.

Do you have access to see and send Fastboot commands to the phone when on the bootloader screen? You need to get that right first and get your driver on your PC sorted. Forget ADB, that's not going to help you here.

Once you have sorted the above, doing a RAW flash following one of the guides you can find on this form with a rom version that matches your device should get you back on track.

At this stage you shouldn't need EDL or a deep flash cable before exploring the above option.

Good luck.

Reactions: Balmyr

Balmyr

Jun 22, 2017
Hello Andrologic,
Thanks for your reply
I only have access to the Bootloader with 'Start / Restart Bootloader / Recovery Mode / Power Off'.

I bought a Deep Cable, this one detects me when I connect it to the pc, previously my other cables did not want it :eek:

So I can indeed use the Fastboot commands whereas before I couldn't :D

Balmyr

Jun 22, 2017

Do you have access to see and send Fastboot commands to the phone when on the bootloader screen? You need to get that right first and get your driver on your PC sorted. Forget ADB, that's not going to help you here.

Once you have sorted the above, doing a RAW flash following one of the guides you can find on this form with a rom version that matches your device should get you back on track.

At this stage you shouldn't need EDL or a deep flash cable before exploring the above option.

Good luck.

Thank you very much Andrologic!

The phone works like magic again, I can't believe it T_T

When I should do the updates, should I reflash the phone?
It doesn't offer me any new ones even though I'm on Android 11

B.

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Nexus 6P
Huawei Mate 20 X
Thank you very much Andrologic!

The phone works like magic again, I can't believe it T_T

When I should do the updates, should I reflash the phone?
It doesn't offer me any new ones even though I'm on Android 11

B.

Nice. No, I would suggest updating the conventional way, i.e download ROM for ASUS and let the device pick it up and flash it. If you have TWRP installed, you can flash from there too, but there is no need for that unless the first method is not working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Rico,

B.

Good luck.