Question Rog phone 5 fingerprint error when I covert version CN -> WW

Search This thread

legendaryit

Apr 24, 2021
1.I have a rog phone 5 covert to tecentgame. When I move to version WW but then there is a fingerprint error (losing the system fingerprint authentication). Who can help me?
2.There is an opinion that restoring the system partition can fix the above situation, do not know if it is true or false?can anyone guide me on how to do the above?

I'm currently working on a solution to get fingerprint working after a conversion. I've located the error and a Magisk module should be able to fix it. I can't make any promises until that theory is fully tested, though.

Of course my Magisk install is broken and won't install from storage...

Last edited:
Reactions: Anubarak16

johnny886

Sep 21, 2018
It's basically part of the conversion until that is perfected.
Unlocking BL and converting WW, there is a chance of losing your fingerprints, but back up the persist partition before conversion, you don’t have to worry about losing your fingerprints. Once you lose your fingerprints, you only need to restore the persist partition and your fingerprints will be normal. But it can only correspond to this phone, and restore on other phones is not possible.

losing fingerprint sensor happend always or its random issue?

The quote below was meant for you. No idea why I was tagged instead.

Unlocking BL and converting WW, there is a chance of losing your fingerprints, but back up the persist partition before conversion, you don’t have to worry about losing your fingerprints. Once you lose your fingerprints, you only need to restore the persist partition and your fingerprints will be normal. But it can only correspond to this phone, and restore on other phones is not possible.

Reactions: yaser86100

Top Liked Posts