• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General ROG Phone 5 Ultimate | New Firmware WW-18.0840.2107.151 | WW RAW & ROOT Images

Search This thread
Model - ROG Phone 5 Ultimate (Possibly ROG Phone 5 as well see here )

2021/08/24

Version Name - WW-18.0840.2107.151
Release Date - 2021/08/24

OTA Download Link - Download
RAW Download Link - Download

Stock Boot Image - Download
Magisk Patched Boot Image - Download

Changelog

*********************************************************************************************************************

2021/07/22

Version Name - WW18.0840.2106.86
Release Date - 2021/07/22

RAW Download Link - Waiting

Changelog
Thanks for the contribution, I have been able to update my ROG Phone 5 (12GB / 256GB) with the raw file, I have flashed (in a cmd window) the *** flashall_AFT.cmd *** and I have only let it reboot by not giving me problems I did not wipe the data (I had already backed up on the laptop in case there were problems and I also confirm that the files of the Pro and Ultimate Version serve the ROG Phone 5

My device is the Tencent Games version and I have bought it on Aliexpress, the vendor has delivered it a global version and the fingerprint signature is WW (it is read in the raw file flashing log file)

I hope it serves others and clears some doubts

I have only had problems with the recognition of the device in bootloader mode and I have had to use the most recent drivers from google, use the data cable on the left side of the device

sorry for my bad english, I use google translate

Last edited:
Reactions: JazonX

spadaboyz

Aug 12, 2013
Hi, I am a total noob for this
I have Tencent version with WW ROM
My device is not rooted, which one do I need to download to apply the WW-18.0840.2107.151 update? The OTA or the RAW?
And does anyone has problem after the version update? Because I saw a lot of people got problem after version 18.0840.2106.86 update from the ZenTalk forum.

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi, I am a total noob for this
I have Tencent version with WW ROM
My device is not rooted, which one do I need to download to apply the WW-18.0840.2107.151 update? The OTA or the RAW?
And does anyone has problem after the version update? Because I saw a lot of people got problem after version 18.0840.2106.86 update from the ZenTalk forum.

Do not flash 2106.86 - That's a faulty firmware, Asus also deleted it from their site.

2107.151 is safe, and It's uploaded in OP.

New firmware WW, for us DATE 2021/09/30
Version WW-18.0840.2109.176

ALL PEOPLE WITH TENCENT VERSION WITH FIRMWARE
Version WW-18.0840.2107.151 DATE 2021/08/24
AND FINGERPRINT "WW", ONLY MANUAL DOWNLOAD AND PUT THE FILE IN THE ROOT OF THE INTERNAL SD AND REBOOT, THE PROCESS IT´S AUTOMATIC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-132425968.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930-132425968.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 17
  • asus ROG PHONE 5 fimware page.png
    asus ROG PHONE 5 fimware page.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

AND FINGERPRINT "WW", ONLY MANUAL DOWNLOAD AND PUT THE FILE IN THE ROOT OF THE INTERNAL SD AND REBOOT, THE PROCESS IT´S AUTOMATIC
IN THIS UPDATE DO NOT RESTORE THE FACTORY DATA, BREAKS THE BLUETOOTH, IF CONTINUE ONLY WITH THE CUMULATIVE UPDATE THE BLUETOOTH WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM
sorry for the bad english I use Google translate

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: twistedumbrella

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New firmware WW, for us DATE 30-09-21

Thanks a lot for the headsup, Cant see the file yet. Will publish as soon as it;s released.

IN THIS UPDATE DO NOT RESTORE THE FACTORY DATA, BREAKS THE BLUETOOTH, IF CONTINUE ONLY WITH THE CUMULATIVE UPDATE THE BLUETOOTH WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM
    sorry for the bad english I use Google translate

2021/08/24

Changelog

ROG Phone 5 (ZS673KS) software Image:WW-18.0840.2107.151 for WW/JP/EU only*
    Note: Please be patience it's normal when downloading status bar stop a while with large update package.

For WW SKU Improved Item:
    1.Updated Android security patch to 2021-07
    2.Fixed issue with sending MMS messages on Optus Australia
    3.Fixed an issue where some videos played through apps would get stuck and without response.
    4.Fixed issue where AirTriggers would become insensitive after opening Taobao APP

For JP SKU Improved Item:
    1.Updated Android security patch to 2021-07
    2.Fixed an issue where some videos played through apps would get stuck and without response.
    3.Fixed issue where AirTriggers would become insensitive after opening Taobao APP

Steps of Update:
    1. Check software version of your device**
    2. Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
    3. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
    4. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
    5. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.

**How to know the device model?
    Path: Settings->About-> Model number
    Example: ASUS PadFone2

**How to know the device software version?
    Path: Settings->About-> software information->Build number
    Example: CHT_PadFone2-user-10.4.17.15-UpdateLauncher

**System upgrade may cause part of data missing, please back up your important data before system upgrading.

*********************************************************************************************************************

2021/07/22

Changelog

ROG Phone 5 (ZS673KS) software Image:WW-18.0840.2106.86 for WW/JP/EU only*

Note: Please be patience it's normal when downloading status bar stop a while with large update package.

Improved Item:
    1. Updated Android security patch to 2021-06
    2. Fixed an issue where the game would crash when using multiple windows to open the settings and change the system navigation
    3. Fixed the problem of broken sound when using screen recording
    4. Fixed the problem of low notification sound when using Bluetooth headsets in standby mode
    5. Fixed an issue where blocking notifications in the game could not block Facebook messenger notifications
    6. Fixed the problem of reduced call volume
    7. Fixed the problem of using a microphone to record the voice of a team in the game, and the problem of not being able to record your own voice
    8. Fixed the problem that the 5G network cannot be detected when connected to the GT-AX11000 router
    9. Fixed a serious delay in the screen when entering the game with Geforce Now
    10. Optimize touch experience
    11. Fix sound effect for speaker playback.

Steps of Update:
    1. Check software version of your device**
    2. Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
    3. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
    4. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
    5. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.

**How to know the device model?
    Path: Settings->About-> Model number
    Example: ASUS PadFone2

**How to know the device software version?
    Path: Settings->About-> software information->Build number
    Example: CHT_PadFone2-user-10.4.17.15-UpdateLauncher

**System upgrade may cause part of data missing, please back up your important data before system upgrading.
    The cache (Art or Dalvik, Whatever it is we have now) gets cleared and Phone becomes a little bit snappier than it was before
    I thought that rumor died long ago. Usually unless things go wrong clearing the cache should not make your phone faster.

It's like closing all apps/recents after each usage in order to boost the performance.
    I thought that rumor died long ago. Usually unless things go wrong clearing the cache should not make your phone faster.

It's like closing all apps/recents after each usage in order to boost the performance.
    I think Art broke that. If I remember the explanation, the idea was to create something like the old odex layout that was less sloppy. The code that used to be cached is now broken out into a physical file alongside the application. It's also how apps like *that one everyone remembers for IAP* are able to modify code without breaking signatures.
    RAW Link for WW_ZS660KL_17.0240.2107.100_M3.23.44.20-ASUS_1.1.232_Phone-user.raw Updated to OP.

2021/08/24

Changelog

2021/07/22

Changelog
    Thanks for the contribution, I have been able to update my ROG Phone 5 (12GB / 256GB) with the raw file, I have flashed (in a cmd window) the *** flashall_AFT.cmd *** and I have only let it reboot by not giving me problems I did not wipe the data (I had already backed up on the laptop in case there were problems and I also confirm that the files of the Pro and Ultimate Version serve the ROG Phone 5

My device is the Tencent Games version and I have bought it on Aliexpress, the vendor has delivered it a global version and the fingerprint signature is WW (it is read in the raw file flashing log file)

I hope it serves others and clears some doubts

I have only had problems with the recognition of the device in bootloader mode and I have had to use the most recent drivers from google, use the data cable on the left side of the device

sorry for my bad english, I use google translate