Question Rog Phone 5S CN Tencent into Global

Search This thread

SottoSopra666

Nov 5, 2021
Hello, first time in here!

I was planning to buy the Rog Phone 5S, and I found a quite cheap CN Tencent version on eBay.

However, I'm not really into ROMs and firmware things, so I would like to ask a couple of things.

Is there any EASY way to install the WW version? I tried looking here in the forum's, but I was a bit confused, so I thought it was better to ask here.
And also after installing the Global version, will I be able to receive auto updates like usual?

Thanks in advance for the answers, have a nice weekend everyone!! :D

Reactions: vaishnav 2011

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra

I was planning to buy the Rog Phone 5S, and I found a quite cheap CN Tencent version on eBay.

However, I'm not really into ROMs and firmware things, so I would like to ask a couple of things.

Is there any EASY way to install the WW version? I tried looking here in the forum's, but I was a bit confused, so I thought it was better to ask here.
And also after installing the Global version, will I be able to receive auto updates like usual?

The guide for converting is located here

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Yeah I saw that guide, but it talks about edl mode, and I honestly don't know what it is or if my phone will have it. How can I know that before buying?

I'm sorry if my questions sounds stupid, but I know basically nothing about those kind of things

Then it's actually better off to find a WW version (International) rather than go through the hassle and headache of converting one. Asus made it difficult over the year for conversions, and especially on the 5S - the conversion us not yet a 100% successful.

SottoSopra666

Nov 5, 2021
Then it's actually better off to find a WW version (International) rather than go through the hassle and headache of converting one. Asus made it difficult over the year for conversions, and especially on the 5S - the conversion us not yet a 100% successful.
Sad to hear, WW ones are way more expensive and much harder to find 😔 I would try to go for the conversion, but if it's not 100% successful, that's a problem. What happens if the conversion don't go the right way? Does the phone bricks, or it simy stays the way it is?

johnny886

Sep 21, 2018
那么实际上最好找到一个 WW 版本(国际)而不是经历转换一个的麻烦和头痛。华硕一年来都很难进行转换,尤其是在 5S 上——转换我们还没有 100% 成功。
rog 5s flashing into ww firmware will prompt hardwarestub services, there is no way to solve it now. rog1/2/3/5 can be converted perfectly, there is no prompt.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    那么实际上最好找到一个 WW 版本(国际)而不是经历转换一个的麻烦和头痛。华硕一年来都很难进行转换,尤其是在 5S 上——转换我们还没有 100% 成功。
    rog 5s flashing into ww firmware will prompt hardwarestub services, there is no way to solve it now. rog1/2/3/5 can be converted perfectly, there is no prompt.

Yeah I saw that guide, but it talks about edl mode, and I honestly don't know what it is or if my phone will have it. How can I know that before buying?

I'm sorry if my questions sounds stupid, but I know basically nothing about those kind of things