• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Rogers HTC One M8 Questions

Search This thread

aumkarpraja

Nov 13, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys, I had a quick question. I'm going to buy an unlocked Rogers HTC One M8 and use it on Wind. The question is, how do I remove all the Rogers crap off of the phone and make it so that it's like the Wind version (which I believe is bloatware free). What should I be doing?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Unlock bootloader, install custom recovery and possibly s-off.

From there, then find the Wind stock nandroid and restore in recovery. Or alternately you can flash a custom or stock rooted ROM that is not branded. No reason it needs to be Wind software, unless you really want it to be.

aumkarpraja

Nov 13, 2012
Toronto
Unlock bootloader, install custom recovery and possibly s-off.

From there, then find the Wind stock nandroid and restore in recovery. Or alternately you can flash a custom or stock rooted ROM that is not branded. No reason it needs to be Wind software, unless you really want it to be.

Wind doesn't put software on their phones. It's usually bloatware free. I'm wondering if Rogers is doing the same with their One M8s. Aside from that it's mainly APN settings that I need to deal with which is fine.