• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Rogers X10 Android 2.1

Search This thread

JDwan

Aug 11, 2010
Edmonton
Android 2.1 has been released for Rogers in Canada :)
It is only available through PC Companion and not OTA.

Cheers, Brett

I just checked through PC Companion and it's still telling me that my phone has the latest software. I checked OTA as well with the same result. I'm going to check using SEUS and see if what that tells me.

Where in Canada are you? I'm in Edmonton and nothing yet for me.

JDwan

Aug 11, 2010
Edmonton
Just checked using SEUS and still nothing.

I saw on the Android forum that a couple people in Ottawa got the notification but it doesn't seem to be consistent as other people in the thread said that they weren't getting despite them being from Ottawa as well.

nekkidtruth

Jun 2, 2010
I'm curious if anyone has found a way for those of us with an x10a running x10i firmware to easily trick SEUS into updating for the x10a. I'm currently running the Nordic 2.1 and would love witch to Rogers 2.1 once it's released....anyone have any ideas?

Rockjock007

Aug 11, 2010
Neumarkt
I'm curious if anyone has found a way for those of us with an x10a running x10i firmware to easily trick SEUS into updating for the x10a. I'm currently running the Nordic 2.1 and would love witch to Rogers 2.1 once it's released....anyone have any ideas?

there are several posts on how to " trick " it into taking the update so just wait a bit, someone will post the firmware with the flash tool, same one you used for nordic and you will be all set.

nekkidtruth

Jun 2, 2010
All of the posts I've read indicate we shouldn't mix x10i and x10a codes as SEUS would either not work or ignore the phone. Unless I missed something?

Rockjock007

Aug 11, 2010
Neumarkt
All of the posts I've read indicate we shouldn't mix x10i and x10a codes as SEUS would either not work or ignore the phone. Unless I missed something?

If I understand the posts correctly they are much like the Nokia product or region codes.. with said codes it will tell the server where you are located. So its like a address of sorts.. the server checks the phones and says Oh Hello! You are in Canada here ya go.. or Hallo! Sie sind in Deutschland .. as I said someone will surely post a how to guide. if you mix the codes you will have a phone with firmware from another country well that is my take on it.

mouch99

Apr 7, 2007
I just talked to a Rogers technical support representative and was told that the update has been released, but Sony, as usual, did not prepare for the immense traffic and the link to the download is up and down. I was told that we should be able to update later today, but that the only way to check for the update is through PC Companion - it will NOT appear as an OTA notification on the phone.

Hope this helps!

saltorio

Feb 20, 2009
Ottawa, ON
www.NutsNGum.net
Then do us a favor and update the FW from your PC companion/SEUS folder.
somebody will decrypt it.

I'm with Tux. I'll wait for some other helpful Rogers user to post the firmware, and then I'll look into flashing to that.

Haven't had any problems with my X10a running Nordic firmware (other than taking longer to get started with market downloads), so I'm not in a huge rush. It would be nice to have proper X10a firmware though.

Reprise420

Jun 12, 2008
I'm with Tux. I'll wait for some other helpful Rogers user to post the firmware, and then I'll look into flashing to that.

Haven't had any problems with my X10a running Nordic firmware (other than taking longer to get started with market downloads), so I'm not in a huge rush. It would be nice to have proper X10a firmware though.

+1 on that I just want my model to say x10a at some point soon-ish.

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Changed my build. Prop and fired up pc comp, gives me a server error....

Edit; I guess I'll wait till Brett uploaded it and its usable with flashtool
Sent from my X10i using XDA App

nekkidtruth

Jun 2, 2010
If I understand the posts correctly they are much like the Nokia product or region codes.. with said codes it will tell the server where you are located. So its like a address of sorts.. the server checks the phones and says Oh Hello! You are in Canada here ya go.. or Hallo! Sie sind in Deutschland .. as I said someone will surely post a how to guide. if you mix the codes you will have a phone with firmware from another country well that is my take on it.

Well one of us is misunderstanding at this point. I'm not home at the moment and don't have time to link, but the thread in here somewhere states very clearly not to use an x10a CDA if you have an x10i phone as SEUS will not detect the phone. I guess I'll just wait I guess.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

tuxStyle

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
Well one of us is misunderstanding at this point. I'm not home at the moment and don't have time to link, but the thread in here somewhere states very clearly not to use an x10a CDA if you have an x10i phone as SEUS will not detect the phone. I guess I'll just wait I guess.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

That was for 1.6 fw
For 2.1fw Binary (or was Jerpelea) wrote that is ok to use it as SE probably unified the basebands.

Problem is, my 2.1 is crashing about 5 times (or more) daily.

forzanerazzurri

Oct 4, 2009
I just talked to a Rogers technical support representative and was told that the update has been released, but Sony, as usual, did not prepare for the immense traffic and the link to the download is up and down. I was told that we should be able to update later today, but that the only way to check for the update is through PC Companion - it will NOT appear as an OTA notification on the phone.

Hope this helps!

Youre gullible as hell is you believe that. Good ole Rogers.

Candy[MAN]

Oct 7, 2009
Orangeville

Using the CDA trick works. I have the global X10i firmware on my X10a and changed it's CDA to the generic Brazil one and it gave me the option to repair to the X10a 2.1 generic brazil firmware. I am assuming that the same can be done with the Rogers CDA once it fully goes live.

I didn't do it as I am happy with the global one....no issues.

brett19

Sep 4, 2010
Just to clarify, I actually work for a particular company that is involved in this, and we were notified that the update was to begin rolling out today.

Cheers, Brett