Rogers X10 Android 2.1

Search This thread

kevjef420

Oct 11, 2010
GTA
unbelievable... just tried to do update through SEUS to et 2.1 on my x10a from rogers and it said update failed. Tried 5 mores times and got the same result. Now phone will not turn on all I get is a "!" inside of a triangle showing on my screen. Then I tried pc companion 4 times and got update error each time. :S

I waited patiently all of these months just to get a broken phone.

kevjef420

Oct 11, 2010
GTA
well if anyone else gets the problem that I just had with the update failing, just keep trying and hopefully it will work. After about 10 tries it finally completed the update and now my phone is finally running 2.1 x10a rogers firmware.

i even called Sony Ericsson customer support and they told me to mail the phone in for service to have it fixed under warranty. Thought I would give it one more try with PC Companion and it worked.

what a relief :)

JDwan

Aug 11, 2010
Edmonton
at least you've received the update. Companion still tells me I am up to date and that there are no updates.

Try checking for an update using the Sony Ericsson Update Service software. My phone gave me the update available message yet PC Companion told me I was up to date. I check on SEUS and it allows me to update to 2.1. Some other people said that just using the Repair option in PC Companion also got them 2.1. Hope this helps!

Jun 27, 2009
Yeah I ended up doing the repair option last night hoping it would allow me to update to 2.1. It actually put 2.1 on my phone but I fell asleep in the middle of it, and woke up to a 25% battery with 2.1 installed. Now to manually re-enter all of my contacts and whatnot.

eliedro

Nov 10, 2010
Successfully flashed to Rogers 2.1 on Global 2.1. Cant see the difference apart from the bootscreen and my model going back from x10i to x10a. Im going back to global.

jdeeper

May 6, 2010
Data Connection

Hi,

From Toronto on Rogers. Was using the Global Firmware (showing x10i) and my data connection would show 3g, and then switch to H. It would still work but seemed like it would take a second longer while switching. Now loaded the Rogers firmware (showing x10a) hoping this would resolve the issue but it is still there. Anyone have any ideas?

rogem_kk

Oct 29, 2010
Edmonton
Hi,

From Toronto on Rogers. Was using the Global Firmware (showing x10i) and my data connection would show 3g, and then switch to H. It would still work but seemed like it would take a second longer while switching. Now loaded the Rogers firmware (showing x10a) hoping this would resolve the issue but it is still there. Anyone have any ideas?

That is not a problem. All it means is that the phone now actually shows that is is using HSPA (think of it as 3.5G). Always was the case but before it just didn't show it.

eliedro

Nov 10, 2010
Don't go back to X10i if you have an X10a phone. You can use a generic 2.1 X10a.

I tried both and there's no difference. I prefer global x10i since there's no provider boot screen. If there's some other reason or difference between them please tell me what they are. Is there any advantage on x10a?
Thanks

BingoRingo

Sep 1, 2010
Aylmer, Québec
I tried both and there's no difference. I prefer global x10i since there's no provider boot screen. If there's some other reason or difference between them please tell me what they are. Is there any advantage on x10a?
Thanks

The boot screen is the same, unless of course you install a branded version (I have the Sony Ericsson splash boot screen from Generic Brazil).

Some people, including me, had problems with X10i on our X10a phones, also, you cannot use SEUS or PC Companion in the future for updates. Using X10i made sense when 2.1 X10a was not yet available, and if everything works well, you don't have to change it back to X10a, but if you reinstall, you are 100% sure everything will work as planned with the right firmware, else, SE would have had one firmware for both phone models.

saltorio

Feb 20, 2009
Ottawa, ON
www.NutsNGum.net
The boot screen is the same, unless of course you install a branded version (I have the Sony Ericsson splash boot screen from Generic Brazil).

Some people, including me, had problems with X10i on our X10a phones, also, you cannot use SEUS or PC Companion in the future for updates. Using X10i made sense when 2.1 X10a was not yet available, and if everything works well, you don't have to change it back to X10a, but if you reinstall, you are 100% sure everything will work as planned with the right firmware, else, SE would have had one firmware for both phone models.

SEUS and PC Companion are pretty useless if you're using the Rogers X10a ROM, as Rogers is always well behind everyone else as far as updates. You're better off with a generic ROM (X10a or X10i), as new firmware updates will be available earlier.

So far, since re-installing the Nordic Generic early last week, I have not had any issues at all on my X10a.

muchski

Dec 18, 2008
Sorry I am still not clear on how to move from nordic 2.1 (x10i) to rogers 2.1 (x10a).

I was stuck in boot loop the first time I flashed and though I was fortunate a reflash cured that, it was a little bit too scary for me!

Can anyone provide clear instructions and links to accomplish this. The two links someone posted have exceeded bandwidth by the way.

Many thanks in advance!

PS it looks like custom roms are making some good progress, an AOSM ROM (2.1) is nearly complete, just camera and bt need to be fixed. Also some earlier work with 2.2 which still needs quite a few fixes but good to see this whole new front being opened up and available to us regular folk soon! :)

Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=835308

iggy

Jan 19, 2004
Toronto
No, just update to Android 2.1 with Rogers on November 14th 2010

How? Cause I have checked, phone update....says uptodate
checked pc companion....says up to date
checked sony update service...says up to date
called Rogers...says not officially realeased until monday or tuesday
called Sony...says speak to Rogers