Rollback from Android 11 to Android 10 Galaxy Tab S5e

Search This thread

pramhaihefa

Jun 10, 2021
Today I received OTA update for my Galaxy Tab S5e and I completely hate it. The blur in the recent apps view, notification panel and apps drawer is just garbage. Used to have a nice, AMOLED animated background (it's literally called AMOLED) and now every time I open any of the mentioned panels it'll freeze and blur GREY. So that black background would look like garbage.

I gave up on the animated wallpaper and decided to just go with a black image as a background to save battery. Same issue, blur makes background grey turning on my AMOLED pixels and wasting battery.

Overall, and because of this ****ty blur, the system feels slower than before. I used to love my tablet, and now my experience is completely ruined.

What I want is to rollback from Android 11 to Android 10 and turn off the updates once and for all. I don't wanna install a custom ROM because I really enjoyed previous version of OneUI. Samsung just ****ed my experience.

I don't care if I have to (of course I do have duh) factory reset and lose data, or at least backup it. But I wanna know if it's possible to downgrade without hard bricking the tablet.

If it's not, well I'm selling this ****. Used to be a very nice, smooth, transparent (no blur), tablet experience. Now it seems like a 10yo designed it (yes I'm talking to you notification panel buttons tf).

I'll probably buy an iPad after all this crap if Samsung doesn't get their **** together. At least give us an option to turn the ****ing blur off !!!!

ExTall

Feb 26, 2020
Today I received OTA update for my Galaxy Tab S5e and I completely hate it. The blur in the recent apps view, notification panel and apps drawer is just garbage. Used to have a nice, AMOLED animated background (it's literally called AMOLED) and now every time I open any of the mentioned panels it'll freeze and blur GREY. So that black background would look like garbage.

I gave up on the animated wallpaper and decided to just go with a black image as a background to save battery. Same issue, blur makes background grey turning on my AMOLED pixels and wasting battery.

Overall, and because of this ****ty blur, the system feels slower than before. I used to love my tablet, and now my experience is completely ruined.

What I want is to rollback from Android 11 to Android 10 and turn off the updates once and for all. I don't wanna install a custom ROM because I really enjoyed previous version of OneUI. Samsung just ****ed my experience.

I don't care if I have to (of course I do have duh) factory reset and lose data, or at least backup it. But I wanna know if it's possible to downgrade without hard bricking the tablet.

If it's not, well I'm selling this ****. Used to be a very nice, smooth, transparent (no blur), tablet experience. Now it seems like a 10yo designed it (yes I'm talking to you notification panel buttons tf).

I'll probably buy an iPad after all this crap if Samsung doesn't get their **** together. At least give us an option to turn the ****ing blur off !!!!
Hi P
I think it could be as simple as

1 boot tablet into download mode
2 find your correct firmware for android 10
3 get odin on your pc and plug your tablet in
4 unzip and put the android 10 firmware into odin and flash

This is just what I think, but I am sure there is someone else who will know

Try looking at locking boot loader on s10, very similar setup to the s5e

All the best
Extall

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
What I want is to rollback from Android 11 to Android 10 and turn off the updates once and for all.

1 boot tablet into download mode
2 find your correct firmware for android 10
3 get odin on your pc and plug your tablet in
4 unzip and put the android 10 firmware into odin and flash

You are correct. The only caveat is early versions of Android 10 won't flash as the tablet can't be "downgraded". You will need a recent version of Android 10 to downgrade. So find the newest version of 10 you can for your region / tablet (otherwise Odin will give you an error).

Gedzdead

Jul 8, 2014
I'm curious @pramhaihefa, how did this go for you?
Since the downgrade, has Sammy tried to push the OTA upgrades back to you to get you back on Android 11?
I just got an S5E, and I'm being pushed to A11, but I'm a bit concerned if it might eventually cause challenges when I root.

drewwho

Dec 29, 2010
As of today you can still use ODIN to downgrade to the latest Android 10 on Sanmobile without issues. I just did it to get my dual BT audio feature back.