• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Rolled back from 7720 to 7004 and Zune says my software is up to date?!?!

Search This thread

The420Dank

Apr 13, 2008
IF anyone can help I would be much apprecitive.

I have a problem where I was on Mango 7720 RTM and I re-flashed ansars 7004 ROM.

Now when I hook my phone up to zune, it says my version, 7004, is up to date. I did this a while back to get my phone out of a "super walshed" mode and it updated just fine. Now I can't update past 7004 because it says I'm already updated. Please help if anyone can, I've been researching this like crazy.

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA

I have a problem where I was on Mango 7720 RTM and I re-flashed ansars 7004 ROM.

Now when I hook my phone up to zune, it says my version, 7004, is up to date. I did this a while back to get my phone out of a "super walshed" mode and it updated just fine. Now I can't update past 7004 because it says I'm already updated. Please help if anyone can, I've been researching this like crazy.

+1 I'm in the same exact situation. Currently trying to do the unbranding method but it's not working. Might have to try the Hungary VPN method.

guys i had the same problem i was trying all i could do to solved the problem for almost 10 hrs, yes i said 10 hrs with three computers.
Finally, i ended up using ChevronWP7 Updater. now i have nodo

The420Dank

Apr 13, 2008
I just don't understand why it says I'm already up to day when I'm not. It should let me update. I've tried installing different Zune versions but have had no luck. I'm downloading Zune version 4.7 to see if that works. We will see. I will post my results back.

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA
I just don't understand why it says I'm already up to day when I'm not. It should let me update. I've tried installing different Zune versions but have had no luck. I'm downloading Zune version 4.7 to see if that works. We will see. I will post my results back.

I already tried that, still doesn't work.

When I posted on wpcentral about it, several users posted saying that fresh out of the box devices weren't getting any updates either. They were 7004 too.

Perhaps MS turned off all updates until tomorrow?

XboxOmac

Nov 21, 2010
Tempe
Updates are probably all turned off until tomorrow for Mango. They can't get rid of the No-Do updates completely though because I don't want to be in 7004 forever Dx

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA
Updates are probably all turned off until tomorrow for Mango. They can't get rid of the No-Do updates completely though because I don't want to be in 7004 forever Dx

I agree, this seems to be the most logical answer. I guess wait until the mango update is released then try again. If it still doesn't work, well I'm sure there are ways lol.

XboxOmac

Nov 21, 2010
Tempe
I agree, this seems to be the most logical answer. I guess wait until the mango update is released then try again. If it still doesn't work, well I'm sure there are ways lol.

And I've been researching like crazy Dx

The only reason I reverted back to original ROM was to chevron-unlock my Focus, then unbrand it...

Btw, anyone know if unbranded phones get the update first or AT&T phones? Otherwise, I'll just registry edit the mobile operator thing again.

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA
And I've been researching like crazy Dx

The only reason I reverted back to original ROM was to chevron-unlock my Focus, then unbrand it...

Btw, anyone know if unbranded phones get the update first or AT&T phones? Otherwise, I'll just registry edit the mobile operator thing again.

AT&T will be the first to get the update, tomorrow. Unbranded phones will probably receive it on the same day.

Reactions: XboxOmac

pwachleman

Jul 27, 2010
So glad to see these posts, thought I was the only one, I started on Sunday and all day yesterday I could get it to 7008 but no further, now today I cant get past 7004. Hoping tomorrow will open things back up and I can update to Mango! I have a Samsung Focus on AT&T.

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA
I think it would help a lot if we all kept this thread up to date on when the updates start working again and what exactly you did to get it to update.

fulat

Apr 8, 2010
i have the same problem reverting my wifey mozart to 7004. at the end i use the unplug cable method and it worked. currently her phone now on 7392(NoDo) with chevron-unlock

hopes this help

The420Dank

Apr 13, 2008
I guess I'll wait until tomorrow. Don't know if a time frame is planned. I'm on EST so I wonder if they are going by EST or PST. Doubt the updates will be up by 12:01 Am. Guess that's me being too hopefull.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA
I noticed that the versions of my 7004 does not match the versions of the official 7004.

AT&T Original
Total Storage: 7.39 GB
Available Storage: 6.85 GB
OS version: 7.0.7004.0
Firmware revision number: 2103.10.10.1
Hardware revision number: 3.1.0.7
Radio software version: 2103.10.10.1
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.3
Bootloader version: 4.10.0.1
chip SOC version: 0.36.2.0

Ansars UCJK2 AT&T
Total Storage: 7.39 GB
Available Storage: 6.95 GB
OS version: 7.0.7004.0
Firmware revision number: 2103.10.11.2
Hardware revision number: 3.1.0.7
Radio software version: 2103.10.11.2
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.3
Bootloader version: 4.11.0.9
chip SOC version: 0.36.2.0

The420Dank

Apr 13, 2008
I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see if Mano even launches tomorrow or not but when it does, see if we can update and go from there.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Top Liked Posts