• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][01/08] ░█░ ·Official RUU Desire Sense Gingerbread v1.2 -GB2.3.3·░█░ ·ROOT A2SD+

Search This thread

sikodemon

Sep 6, 2008
London
So let me get this right, just to make sure I've done this correctly:

I've partitioned my 4GB SD card to:
2686MB Fat32
1024MB ext2​

I've now installed the rom and it shows 129MB of free internal storage.

Is that right?

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Re: [ROM][01/08] ░█░ ·Official RUU Desire Sense Gingerbread v1.2 -GB2.3.3·░█░ ·ROOT A

So let me get this right, just to make sure I've done this correctly:

I've partitioned my 4GB SD card to:
2686MB Fat32
1024MB ext2​

I've now installed the rom and it shows 129MB of free internal storage.

Is that right?

Yes. Now, when you will install apps, you'll see that your internal memory fills up slower.

heraSK

Mar 11, 2011
Yes. Now, when you will install apps, you'll see that your internal memory fills up slower.

just to add on this...this space fills gradually with app's data and cache, while apk's go on your 1024 ext2 partition. so, you can go out of space pretty quickly if you install lots of apps (or install large apps like games). but you can slowly lose space without installing anything (app's cache piles up with time) - correct me if i'm wrong. in that case just go into titanium backup->batch tools->clear cache for user and system apps. for me it usually frees 20 - 30 MB of space. ;)

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Re: [ROM][01/08] ░█░ ·Official RUU Desire Sense Gingerbread v1.2 -GB2.3.3·░█░ ·ROOT A

just to add on this...this space fills gradually with app's data and cache, while apk's go on your 1024 ext2 partition. so, you can go out of space pretty quickly if you install lots of apps (or install large apps like games). but you can slowly lose space without installing anything (app's cache piles up with time) - correct me if i'm wrong. in that case just go into titanium backup->batch tools->clear cache for user and system apps. for me it usually frees 20 - 30 MB of space. ;)

Yes. Only moving the apk doesn't help much. I use a tool to also move dalvik cache.

monacoo

Jan 30, 2006

Rinks didn't work for me. Then I succeed from another computer.

nodiaque

Oct 20, 2008
I though neophyte was custom rom and not stock... just saw afterward that neophyte is actually the ops. Still, the first post should be updated, specially since it's in the sticky...

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I though neophyte was custom rom and not stock... just saw afterward that neophyte is actually the ops. Still, the first post should be updated, specially since it's in the sticky...

its a custom stock rom. in other words, its the official 2.3 gb from htc, just like the sense 3.5 roms are stock, taken from the htc sensation but highly tweaked, modded, resized etc (+ a lot more) to work on the desire. if u want 100% custom then ul need to look at AOSP/AOKP etc where roms r built from scratch, just like Nikez & VJ's rom. anyway back to this rom, neophyte has tweaked/modded/rooted etc to make it the best stock rom it can be.
"the first post should be updated" why? he has moved on to a new device. and the rom is great as is and the only thing left would be to update apps etc etc and any user can do that them selfs.

Last edited:
Reactions: k3lcior

heraSK

Mar 11, 2011
and the rom is great as is and the only thing left would be to update apps etc etc and any user can do that them selfs.

indeed. this is my primary rom i come back to after testing new stuff every now and then. it's fast, stable, responsive...and after deleting everything i don't use the rom fitted into hboot with smaller system partition size by jmcclue (thx, m8) and that fixed smaller app space.

Reactions: jmcclue

charliebigpot

Apr 27, 2010
I love it - with all ICS and JB roms out there sometimes a good old GB rom turns out to be much better :)

Does anyone know if there are flashable addons? I'd only need TB wake and percentage battery..

Thanks

Top Liked Posts