[ROM][01/08] ░█░ ·Official RUU Desire Sense Gingerbread v1.2 -GB2.3.3·░█░ ·ROOT A2SD+

Search This thread

c0urier

Jul 14, 2008
www.c0urier.net
Last edited:
Reactions: ferencz1 and ze7zez

Swell6

Aug 27, 2012
Shoreham-by-Sea
A2SD+ - how do I know it's working?

I've installed this ROM on my twin daughter's HTC Desire phones, and it's perfect. However it still appears to be running out of space pretty quickly and I'd just like to know how to check that the A2SD+ script is working, what apps are on the ext4 partition etc. How can I do this? I've Googled A2SD+ but can't seem to find anything. I've installed Quick System Info which tells me that 283MB in the SD-ext partition are used, but in Root Explorer the partition shows up but seems to be empty.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I've installed this ROM on my twin daughter's HTC Desire phones, and it's perfect. However it still appears to be running out of space pretty quickly and I'd just like to know how to check that the A2SD+ script is working, what apps are on the ext4 partition etc. How can I do this? I've Googled A2SD+ but can't seem to find anything. I've installed Quick System Info which tells me that 283MB in the SD-ext partition are used, but in Root Explorer the partition shows up but seems to be empty.

Theres an app on playstore called DiskUsage, think u can check whats being used on the sdext partition.

Reactions: Swell6

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Perfect. There's APKs & Dalvik cache on there. Great to see that it's working fine.

It's likely you're still running out of space because you're still on stock hboot, with only 147MB on the /data partition for app data (e.g saved games and app preferences). You can browse your /data partition using the same app to work out what's filling it up. This internal memory partition layout is the same as (and no better than) before the phone was rooted.

For more app space, you'll have to use a ROM with a smaller /system partition and hence larger /data partition, along with its optimal hboot (e.g. cm7r2 or oxygen hboot), details will be in each ROM OP.

Swell6

Aug 27, 2012
Shoreham-by-Sea
I hear what you're saying. Is there any way of increasing the size of the /data partition? Or maybe forcing app data to the SD card? Realise this may slow things down a little. I really like this ROM cos battery life is amazing and it just all works perfectly - except for this space issue. Are there any other ROMs which are close to stock but with a bigger /data partition? Maybe I just need to do some hunting. Out of interest, can ROMs with cm7r2 or oxygen hboot use the Sense framework?

Last edited:

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
I hear what you're saying. Is there any way of increasing the size of the /data partition? Or maybe forcing app data to the SD card? Realise this may slow things down a little. I really like this ROM cos battery life is amazing and it just all works perfectly - except for this space issue. Are there any other ROMs which are close to stock but with a bigger /data partition? Maybe I just need to do some hunting. Out of interest, can ROMs with cm7r2 or oxygen hboot use the Sense framework?

There are two main partitions of your internal memory which you need to be aware of: /system where your ROM resides and /data which is seen as your internal memory.

These are defined by your hboot. You are currently on stock hboot which is very wasteful, with a large 250MB /system and a small 147MB /data. Changing hboot (requires S-OFF), is the only way to increase /data by simultaneously reducing /system. However most Sense ROMs are bigger by nature, and can only 'fit' into stock hboot.

If you want more app space (the main reason you rooted I assume), you have a few options:
- Use something like Droidzones Supernova ROM which still uses stock hboot, and a different data2sd method for app space (requires a faster sdcard I believe)
- Find a Sense ROM which will work on smaller hboots by moving parts to the sd-ext (e.g. Leedroid data++ version which I used ages back, but there are others)
- Use a non-sense ROM, most which fit into smaller hboots by default by their leaner nature. ROMs don't affect battery life that much. It's more down to how the user uses the device.

Swell6

Aug 27, 2012
Shoreham-by-Sea
Just to say that I installed Supernova ROM and it does exactly what you say. The Data2sd script genuinely places as much internal memory as you want on the SD card. I did buy a cheap 8gb class 10 card for this and so far no speed/lag issues at all, & cos it's based on stock it's rock stable, so as far as I can tell it's a perfect ROM for the Desire.

Reactions: smsmasters

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005

You will probably never see this because you probably don't come here any more, however
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

I have an old Desire (Bravo) I am re-purposing it to live in my car bringing cellular comms to my car, (combined with an OBD adapter ) I can re-create On-star functionality which is otherwise not available in my country, things like unlock the Doors or boot/Trunk or pre-heat/ pre-cool the cabin from my personal phone. I needed to get to android 4 to run the App on the desire that receives the commands from my phone for on-ward communication to the car.
All the links are dead almost everything is gone. The only way to get root these days is to use unrEVOked 3 (which is still available). but the only way to get S-OFF is with an Alpha-Rev.iso (also available for now) as revolutionary.io is long gone.
This is where you come in, Alpha-Rev MUST have a (preferably official based froyo) rom with NO A2SD of any kind at all or it will crash/error in step 3 of the S-off process. My phone was not virgin I messed with the ROM on it years ago (installing A2SD) and it's been in a cupboard since.

THERE ARE NO LONGER ANY NON A2SD FROYO ROMS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE, except on your hosted server in the /android/desire folder where you appear to have 3. I used "NeoPhyTe_Mod_1.8_Sense-FroYo_FRF91_without_radio.zip" and it worked like a charrm. What you have sir, is gold dust.

I even tried flashing the official RUU but it gave an error over the boot loader.

Once again thanks

Top Liked Posts