• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Rom]02/08/11 Alex-V 1.0 original Gingerbread Sense (2.3.3) Build 3.14/A2SD/DATA2EXT

Search This thread

xky1980

Dec 30, 2010
Hi Alex, I want to update Superuser to V3. I've installed update from market, but it does'n work because I'm S-ON
To update it manually from adb shell, I must only change the apk file with the new one?

sempi601

Jul 4, 2010
Eger
Tnx for response, I have A-DATA 8Gb class10.
Did you just install it on, or did it require some special modifications (except for formating ext4) ?

I just made 2 partitions with GParted. Fat32 + EXT4(1GB)
I also downloaded SD Booster from market and then I set 3072 MB for cache (for me this setting is perfect), so the reading and writing speed of the card increased quite much.

xky1980

Dec 30, 2010
Hi Alex, I want to update Superuser to V3. I've installed update from market, but it does'n work because I'm S-ON
To update it manually from adb shell, I must only change the apk file with the new one?

Solved. I have installed zip file ( found on superuser web site ) from recovery. Thanks ;)

Inviato dal mio HTC Desire usando Tapatalk

xky1980

Dec 30, 2010
Alex i'be tried gingercakes kernel 0.7f. When system reboots is very very slow. Did you try it on this Rom?

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Alex i'be tried gingercakes kernel 0.7f. When system reboots is very very slow. Did you try it on this Rom?

0.7 is a new build of kernel...if its the same like in my hd rom.. try to delete the clockd file in system/bin...anyway i think the new kernel feels slower i am back on 0.6 kernel...with kind regards..Alex

swemoza

Nov 19, 2010
Jakarta
Im using snq newest kernel without 2 call recording.
And It's fast..
And no need to delete anything.. Lol..
:)

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

EkimPadd

Oct 31, 2010
Enschede
Alex I did some research about the application "QXDM2SD". I found the following information:
QXDM2SD.apk = Qualcomm assists its customers' development efforts by making available diagnostic software that helps drive the adoption of 3G technologies worldwide. Diagnostic software includes real-time data collection tools for analyzing handset and over-the-air 3G system performance, such as the Qualcomm eXtensible Diagnostic Monitor.

QXDM2SD.apk is using a lot of traffic. Htc is worldwide news right now with there "spyware" tool. So where does this QXDM2SD.apk send his information to? And what does is send to the server? Privacy-sensitive information?

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008
Im using snq newest kernel without 2 call recording.
And It's fast..
And no need to delete anything.. Lol..
:)

ok..will try also :)

Alex I did some research about the application "QXDM2SD". I found the following information:
QXDM2SD.apk = Qualcomm assists its customers' development efforts by making available diagnostic software that helps drive the adoption of 3G technologies worldwide. Diagnostic software includes real-time data collection tools for analyzing handset and over-the-air 3G system performance, such as the Qualcomm eXtensible Diagnostic Monitor.

QXDM2SD.apk is using a lot of traffic. Htc is worldwide news right now with there "spyware" tool. So where does this QXDM2SD.apk send his information to? And what does is send to the server? Privacy-sensitive information?

Also can not say..but i think you can delete it...no app - no spy :)

with kind regards

harvin23

Nov 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Some issues

Hi Alex,

I found some issues which i think needs fixing. Please try to help out.

1. [when the phone is in silent/vibrate mode and I'm using headset], if I receive a phone call than sometimes the music don't stop and I would miss the call as I don't know the phone is ringing.

2. Sometimes, the phone will ring (I mean i can hear it in the headset) and after I end the call, the music don't continue. I notice this in all gb roms. Froyo all this didn't use to happen.

3. The banana kernel don't work fully. After installing the kernel and I boot up my phone and I'm at the home scree, the phone will reboot by itself around after 5 second once the rosie is stable. maybe its the kernel. but i think the kernel should work on all roms.

4. you have added wallpaper to the system folder but the wallpaper picker only shows one wallpaper (the original HTC wallpaper). the other don't appear in the wallpaper picker.

Thats all. Hope you can try to fix this.;)

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008
Hi Alex,

I found some issues which i think needs fixing. Please try to help out.

1. [when the phone is in silent/vibrate mode and I'm using headset], if I receive a phone call than sometimes the music don't stop and I would miss the call as I don't know the phone is ringing.

2. Sometimes, the phone will ring (I mean i can hear it in the headset) and after I end the call, the music don't continue. I notice this in all gb roms. Froyo all this didn't use to happen.

3. The banana kernel don't work fully. After installing the kernel and I boot up my phone and I'm at the home scree, the phone will reboot by itself around after 5 second once the rosie is stable. maybe its the kernel. but i think the kernel should work on all roms.

4. you have added wallpaper to the system folder but the wallpaper picker only shows one wallpaper (the original HTC wallpaper). the other don't appear in the wallpaper picker.

Thats all. Hope you can try to fix this.;)

Did you have all this problems on kernel that come with the rom....?try to change the screenstate (system/etc/init.d...to a higher value....but i have no problems with the values that are come with the rom...and yes the problem with backgrounds are because there are no previews..thats all ..will work on this :)

harvin23

Nov 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Did you have all this problems on kernel that come with the rom....?try to change the screenstate (system/etc/init.d...to a higher value....but i have no problems with the values that are come with the rom...and yes the problem with backgrounds are because there are no previews..thats all ..will work on this :)

i upgraded the rom to v6 thats all. The preview is no issues. I just want the music to stop when phone call comes and play back the music when the call ends. does the init.d values will fix this.

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008
i upgraded the rom to v6 thats all. The preview is no issues. I just want the music to stop when phone call comes and play back the music when the call ends. does the init.d values will fix this.

so you use the sense 2.1/3.0 mix hd rom..?

mmhh..i know..that was good in froyo..mmhh..but it have nothing to do with init.d scripts or something...it can be the app itself or a lib what must be changed..i think (did you tried this on other sense 2.1 roms with original lockscreen)

with kind regards

paha77

Nov 8, 2009
Salzburg
com.android.phone is not responding

Hello! My friend recommended this ROM for me because I wanted an original Desire ROM with data2ext. Flashing was easy, I've also flashed the latest radio and everything seems to be OK, except that the com.android.phone is not responding issue is repeating continously by 10-30 minutes. Meanwhile I can use the phone but this is annoying and I couldn't figure out the reason.

My phone is in S-OFF with the latest radio, and I use the data2ext version of Alex-V 1.0.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you.

swemoza

Nov 19, 2010
Jakarta
Hello! My friend recommended this ROM for me because I wanted an original Desire ROM with data2ext. Flashing was easy, I've also flashed the latest radio and everything seems to be OK, except that the com.android.phone is not responding issue is repeating continously by 10-30 minutes. Meanwhile I can use the phone but this is annoying and I couldn't figure out the reason.

My phone is in S-OFF with the latest radio, and I use the data2ext version of Alex-V 1.0.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you.

How is the partitions?
What tools did you use to partition your sd
Because when i use this ROM with partition fat32 + 1gb ext4 + 0.3gb ext4 + 0.1gb swap it runs smooth.
And what is your recovery?

harvin23

Nov 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so you use the sense 2.1/3.0 mix hd rom..?

mmhh..i know..that was good in froyo..mmhh..but it have nothing to do with init.d scripts or something...it can be the app itself or a lib what must be changed..i think (did you tried this on other sense 2.1 roms with original lockscreen)

with kind regards

Hi Alex. All ported hd has issues with resuming the music. I did not try ur hd port. I used leedroid, insertcoin etc. All of them don't resume the music after the call end. I thought it was due to the porting. When I used this Rom I find the problem still there. Did HTC change the lib? Have encounter this problem as well? Any idea how to fix it.
BTW, the sense 3 got a very nice keyboard with trace. U think u can port the keyboard. I have the apk without arrows. Tried porting on both hd version and stock but fc.

Thanks Alex

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008
Hi Alex. All ported hd has issues with resuming the music. I did not try ur hd port. I used leedroid, insertcoin etc. All of them don't resume the music after the call end. I thought it was due to the porting. When I used this Rom I find the problem still there. Did HTC change the lib? Have encounter this problem as well? Any idea how to fix it.
BTW, the sense 3 got a very nice keyboard with trace. U think u can port the keyboard. I have the apk without arrows. Tried porting on both hd version and stock but fc.

Thanks Alex

thx for info..

here you go for ported htc trace from sense 3 to 2.1 its from seo (same as the lockscreen)

but its a update zip for hd..so use a update script (like mine from theme) and make a new zip..also if you use my odexed rom...delete the odex file from htc ime in app folder

http://www.multiupload.com/VIYDQOL12V

with kind regards

paha77

Nov 8, 2009
Salzburg
How is the partitions?
What tools did you use to partition your sd
Because when i use this ROM with partition fat32 + 1gb ext4 + 0.3gb ext4 + 0.1gb swap it runs smooth.
And what is your recovery?

Well, I've removed Root Call Blocker trial,r eplaced Locale app with Tasker and updated the kernel to v6 and right now everything runs smooth.

I think I've found the last ROM to be used on my Desire before I'm going to sell it and buy a newer model.

Thank you, Alex.

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008
Well, I've removed Root Call Blocker trial,r eplaced Locale app with Tasker and updated the kernel to v6 and right now everything runs smooth.

I think I've found the last ROM to be used on my Desire before I'm going to sell it and buy a newer model.

Thank you, Alex.

hehe..thx :)

Top Liked Posts