[ROM][02-may-2011] FolioTNT-NG v1.0 for Toshiba Folio100

Search This thread

MrMEEE

Feb 10, 2009
Skovlunde
Well, I have installed the last build of your mod : it was running smoothly but I couldn't see my SDCard, so I rebooted my device (It was my third or fourth reboot). And after that I had the tablet memory corrupted issue..

After my first use of the ADB shell, it's OK now but I am returning under Foliomod... :)
Keep Going...

What exactly was corrupted???

Reactions: donylandes

genepax

Jan 8, 2008
Grenoble
The Sdcard partition of the tablet was corrupted (i mean the 14 gb partition) ...I had to use adb shell and the mymbr. zip in order to rebuild the mbr of the internal memory

Last edited:

TuMatos

Sep 18, 2009
installed your rom last night and i was surprised on how well it looked.
i had never seen the TNT in action, so it was a good surprise to see what ViewSonic did with their launcher.

too bad the weather can't be set to a location outside the USA. right?

metuskale

Aug 3, 2010
Launcher

Hi guys, is there anyway to get this launcher with FolioMod? I hate when the back button is not responsive and i have seen that all TNT X have this launcher and has the back button in the notification bar.

Any one knows how?

Thanks!!

sader0

Sep 3, 2010
Hello Guys

Also liked the appearance of the mod....
Can anyone tell me if bugs listed on the 1st page still exist ?
How is general stability of the rom ?
Are you planning to keep updated once TnT will release their own updates ?

Thanks for work

julio77

Mar 12, 2007
Paris
Here are the bug I've encountered:
- You can not select a new keyboard, only those installed by default are selectable.
- There is no access to Google Account Settings.
- The SD card does not mount on bootup, and sometimes has trouble even activated by removing and reinserting.
- The tablet is still coming out of standby (as with other Roms)
- The Android Market always asks to accept the terms of use after reboot.
- After a certain time of use, the screen has problems of reactivity, resolvable temporarily by pressing the "menu" button.
- The mount point of the SD card cause serious problems, it is not accessible from the applications. (The mount point is /mnt/sdcard2 instead of /sdcard/sdcard-disk0 I think).
- Is it possible to have the default launcher Gtablet?

bastospn

Nov 27, 2010
Strange thing this SOD. After I open up my folio to fix the unresponsive screen issue (that work well by the way) it never happen again. It maybe just a happy coincidence.

sader0

Sep 3, 2010
Indeed strange. Never happened to me on Official Toshiba & Dexter 1.3d......
Only happened today on official toshiba 16 Feb release

MCLP

Aug 12, 2009
About the your honeycomb work if ur still waiting for the Google source then u better wait a few more months Google comfirmed to engadget they wont be released soon. (I though was open project but Google is making it look like itsnt)

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dj_jokke

Jan 27, 2010
Malmö
Just got my Folio running this ROM. So far it's pretty good, although I'm having some problems but it's fine not to big a deal. Just wondering if I can connect the tablet to my TV with the HDMI connection and play movies in 1080p? I noticed that this was possible with the FolioMod but hoping that it would work on this ROM aswell

Cheers!

mcfisch

Hm, I've installed this ROM several time, but everytime the same problem: settings aren't saved, after reboot the Folio starts as after factory reset. The storage options show there isn't any space for apps - systems storage has 0 bytes size, no space left.

Any idea how to fix that?

Besides that, nice rom, I like the home app :D

brunte

Aug 19, 2009
Hm, I've installed this ROM several time, but everytime the same problem: settings aren't saved, after reboot the Folio starts as after factory reset. The storage options show there isn't any space for apps - systems storage has 0 bytes size, no space left.

Any idea how to fix that?

Besides that, nice rom, I like the home app :D
Have you used cyanogenmod lately? Either you just need to perform a factory reset or maybe you should perform all format options in clockworkmod recovery, then reinstall this firmware and perform factory reset.

mcfisch

Have you used cyanogenmod lately? Either you just need to perform a factory reset or maybe you should perform all format options in clockworkmod recovery, then reinstall this firmware and perform factory reset.

I've installed CWMR 3.0.2.8 and used almost every ROM which has been provided here for the Folio - this ROM is the only one in which this problem appears.
But it is also that one which I like mostly and want to keep ;)

And I've done a Factory-Reset (through CWMR) before and after every ROM-flash, which formats all "partitions". Also formatting manually didn't help.

Don't know what else I should do...

Btw: the last installed ROM was the CM7-ROM from DerArtem...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all..

This is the TnT Lite Rom from the ViewSonic ported for Toshiba Folio 100...

I know I haven't worked on this for some time now.. but I have been busy on other projects.. I will try to correct bugs as they are reported...

Regards goes to Dexter for the original ported FolioTNT a of course roebeet for his TNT Lite ROM for the ViewSonic Gtab...

What doesn't work:

Bugs Reported:

- No compass
    - market star is bugged !
    - The sdcard is mounted in /mnt/sdcard2, it might need to be changed to /mnt/sdcard/usb-something.. Report back

Probably a lot more ...

And now for the files you want:

FolioTNT-NG 1.0

FolioTNT-NG 0.2

FolioTNT-NG 0.1

Have Fun

MrMEEE

Twitter: martinjuhl

Changelog:

v1.0:

Updated to Latest (last) TNT lite version..
    Fixed automouting of sdcard, might be mounted in wrong place.. report back..
    Quadrant score has fallen a little... about 2900...
    Updated to FolioMod 1.4 base.. so no more SOD or WIFI problems..
    Automatic rotation fixed

v0.2:

Performance up.. Quadrant up to about 3100
    Fixed Android Keyboard..
    Added the MoreLocales2 application..
    Partly fixed the SD-card problem.. still not mounted at boot, but works when reinserted..
    Cleaned up a little..

v0.1:

First Release

Screenshots:

foliotnt-ng0.2-shot1.png

foliotnt-ng0.2-shot2.png

foliotnt-ng0.2-shot3.png

foliotnt-ng0.2-shot4.png

foliotnt-ng0.2-shot5.png

foliotnt-ng0.2-shot6.png
    Hi

Thanks for this update : FolioTNT-NG v0.2

I've tried the previous one NG V0.1 , and all is getting well after I've changed the keyboard .

For the NG v 0.2 , I can't access to the SDcard , even after a lot of reboot ...:cool:

After boot... try to just unplug the sd-card and reinsert it.... it should now work...
    Well, I have installed the last build of your mod : it was running smoothly but I couldn't see my SDCard, so I rebooted my device (It was my third or fourth reboot). And after that I had the tablet memory corrupted issue..

After my first use of the ADB shell, it's OK now but I am returning under Foliomod... :)
    Keep Going...

What exactly was corrupted???
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone