[ROM][03-12-13] Andromadus - CM10.2 & CM11.0 - Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nissl

Oct 15, 2008
Waldshut-Tiengen
I need some (hopefully) short suggestions for this ROM.

I flashed it yesterday to my Desire Z and everything works fine and quite fast.
I'm running CM10.2 (Flinny)

But there are these few things i would like to change but no idea how to do so.
First: I want to turn off the CRT-screen-off-animation. But i can't find a setting in the menus since there is no, so far i found out browsing the forum. Any other way to get this off?

I hope im right here.

OriginalGabriel

Nov 13, 2010
Sorry, the XDA app wouldn't let me quote you for some reason; the CRT animation is in Settings\Display and then un-tick "Screen off animations".

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

nissl

Oct 15, 2008
Waldshut-Tiengen
Sorry, the XDA app wouldn't let me quote you for some reason; the CRT animation is in Settings\Display and then un-tick "Screen off animations".

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

If it would be so easy ;)

Unfortunately i don't have the option there: Display menu contains the points: Brightness, Wallpaper, Rotation, Sleep (time), Daydream, Font Size, and Volume rocker Wake.

:-/ I searched all menus up and down even in the developer section, but cant find this.
On my former ROM i had this... :-/

OriginalGabriel

Nov 13, 2010
If it would be so easy ;)

Unfortunately i don't have the option there: Display menu contains the points: Brightness, Wallpaper, Rotation, Sleep (time), Daydream, Font Size, and Volume rocker Wake.

:-/ I searched all menus up and down even in the developer section, but cant find this.
On my former ROM i had this... :-/

That's odd ... it should be between "Font size" and "Volume rocker" ... can you post the pertinent info from your "About phone"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess you've been waiting for this for quite a long time.
    So I felt I should upload at least something and stop keeping these builds secret.

Before we start...
    This is unstable. VERY unstable, compared to my latest CM10.1 build.
    By the way, I had to remove CM10.1 build environment because I have no space left on SSD. No more CM10.1 builds from me, sorry :)

On a positive note, this build has (compared to CM10.1):
    Camera button options (wake/unlock/peek/playback control) — I put this feature upstream. Try it, it's cool :)
    Flash sync is fine
    KSM works again (it just magically fixed itself)
    DSPManager doesn't suddenly get unloaded from memory and break your listening experience
    Persian language for hardware keyboard. The whole hardware keyboard support has been reworked.
    Newer Trebuchet, with live folders, icon pack support and other stuff
    RAM is about 150 MBytes free with Theme Chooser enabled

Thanks to: (in no particular order)
    Flinny
    Flemmard
    guest1
    mosi110
    kylon
    szezso
    nadlabak

Sources:
    Local manifests: https://github.com/NeverGone-RU/Andromadus
    Device tree: https://github.com/Andromadus/android_device_htc_vision
    MSM7x30 common: https://github.com/Andromadus/android_device_htc_msm7x30-common
    Kernel: https://github.com/Andromadus/htc7x30-3.0/tree/andromadus_4.3
    Kitkat?
    While I still prepare my build environment for Kitkat and applying some patches to make it compile, you can have a build provided by guest1.
    Initially, it was built purely for ringtone bug testing (factoid: every other htc msm7x30 device has ringtone shutting off randomly. I don't know why), but I think that'll do it for giving you an overview of what does CM11 look like at the moment.

This is even more unstable!
    4.4 is also slower for some reason (probably because of different qcom_display repo used for it).
    I did almost no tests with it, so there's probably a lot more to fix.
    Google Drive link for 4.4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ahny5WGurFS1Z3N3N6V0xsSVk/edit?usp=sharing
    MD5 checksum: 4ba38cc9fe4879687d0a279d0fbc0ced
    How to install?
    The usual process, nothing different here.
    1: backup
    2: wipe
    3: install the ROM
    4: install Google Apps. I prefer PA GApps "Mini Modular Packages".

How do I report bugs?
    Now that's important.
    I've set up an issue tracker to prevent cluttering this thread.
    Keep in mind that a bug report without a logcat/dmesg or at least a precise description of a bug wouldn't help anyone.
    If you stumble upon anything strange — try to reproduce it (and save a logcat, just in case).
    Pro-tip: use "adb logcat -C" to colorize the output and make it easier to read! (not sure if this works on Windows, though)
    Unfortunately, there are bugs that are caused by CM devs or Google (GApps are buggy, too). I'll close these bug reports, because I just can't fix that. I'm not a magician :)

Issues we already aware of:
    EGL: flashy CRT animation (disable it) and buggy hwcomposer (icons/widgets suddenly blacked out is also caused by it). This was the major show-stopper.
    Switching SELinux to Enforcing mode will instantly make the phone freeze. Don't do this!
    Trackpad wake/unlock doesn't work, and there's no way to enable it. I use "pure" CM frameworks_base that doesn't have these features baked in.
    Camcorder FCs when you try to un-pause video recording.
    [Fixed] AOSP Keyboard FCs if you don't install GApps — install them :p
    [Fixed] Mobile data is unstable — edit build.prop to fix the issue.

Issue you should be aware of: (non ROM-related)
    Don't buy Samsung laptops, they have display hinges made of a sh*tty plastic.
    hinge1.jpg
    hinge2.jpg
    hinge3.jpg
    hinge4.jpg

Give me the download, already!
    Google Drive link for 4.3.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ahny5WGurFWDhhRnRWUDRMdUE/edit?usp=sharing
    MD5 checksum: 657c81b1f46fd2987a175fa5ad66547d
    Please don't make additional mirrors. Instead, ask me to mirror the file myself.
    Why? I need to keep control of builds, and remove/replace them if something goes really wrong.
    Coming soon to a Desire Z near you.
    _DSC4690.JPG

_DSC4691.JPG
    WiFi & camera broken, but...
    IMG_20131215_164344.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone