[ROM][03-12-13] Andromadus - CM10.2 & CM11.0 - Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nex86

Nov 9, 2010
i'm having issues with mobile data.
phone calls are working fine but I keep getting and loosing mobile data.
Meaning, the E appears and disappears and I have no internet access.
Everything worked fine on Stock Gingerbread though.

My Radio FW is 26.10.04.03_M
is there any issues with that?
What is the designated Radio fw for this ROM?

Reactions: masterleron

Bonusbartus

Oct 8, 2006
www.caravan-handels.nl
i'm having issues with mobile data.
phone calls are working fine but I keep getting and loosing mobile data.
Meaning, the E appears and disappears and I have no internet access.
Everything worked fine on Stock Gingerbread though.

My Radio FW is 26.10.04.03_M
is there any issues with that?
What is the designated Radio fw for this ROM?

Have you even tried reading through this thread?
It is even mentioned on the second post that the problem is resolved... hint "build.prop" ...

NeverGone\RU

Oct 10, 2008
Moscow
Hi, I compiled the CM-11 from Andromadus source. It boots but after enter the pin the phones reboot and then I got graphical glitches, some horizontal lines and I can't see anything. Does anyone knows the problem :confused:

Thanks & Regards,
Marco Marinho
That's exactly what we were facing.
Probably some qcom_display patch is missing... Will take a look on weekend

Reactions: marcomarinho

NeverGone\RU

Oct 10, 2008
Moscow
Status update on KitKat...

As our repositories currently seem to have some qcom_display patches missing, I went ahead and forked Mustaavalkosta's kernel and added HTC Vision support to it.

Good news: we are finally able to use latest qualcomm gpu binaries (JB_VANILLA.04.02.02.060.053, to be exact).
Bad news:
* I still have camera broken in my builds. (last error message I got was "E/QualcommCameraHardware: could not dlopen libposteffect.so: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7gralloc16IAllocController11getInstanceEb" referenced by "libposteffect.so"...". It's probably not that hard to fix)
* G-Sensor (WHY???) and GPS also doesn't seem to work.
* Regardless the latest gpu binaries, I see animations "tearing" in a lot of places (like notification shade).
* We've got only 339 MB of RAM available now -- kernel memory map needs tweaking.

I'll try to experiment a bit more with this and post back. Right now I won't be happy to give this build for you to test :)

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
As our repositories currently seem to have some qcom_display patches missing, I went ahead and forked Mustaavalkosta's kernel and added HTC Vision support to it.

Good news: we are finally able to use latest qualcomm gpu binaries (JB_VANILLA.04.02.02.060.053, to be exact).
Bad news:
* I still have camera broken in my builds. (last error message I got was "E/QualcommCameraHardware: could not dlopen libposteffect.so: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7gralloc16IAllocController11getInstanceEb" referenced by "libposteffect.so"...". It's probably not that hard to fix)
* G-Sensor (WHY???) and GPS also doesn't seem to work.
* Regardless the latest gpu binaries, I see animations "tearing" in a lot of places (like notification shade).
* We've got only 339 MB of RAM available now -- kernel memory map needs tweaking.

I'll try to experiment a bit more with this and post back. Right now I won't be happy to give this build for you to test :)

Awesome news dude :victory: And do you thing that will be easy to fix them?

Regards,
Marco Marinho

adknight87

May 3, 2011
OHIO
project.gnhost.net
Maybe its just slow

Sent from my Desire Z using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Hey nevergone how do you have your build machine setup I wanna help out

Sent from my Desire Z using Tapatalk

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
Kitkat?
While I still prepare my build environment for Kitkat and applying some patches to make it compile, you can have a build provided by guest1.
Initially, it was built purely for ringtone bug testing (factoid: every other htc msm7x30 device has ringtone shutting off randomly. I don't know why), but I think that'll do it for giving you an overview of what does CM11 look like at the moment.

This is even more unstable!
4.4 is also slower for some reason (probably because of different qcom_display repo used for it).
I did almost no tests with it, so there's probably a lot more to fix.
Google Drive link for 4.4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ahny5WGurFS1Z3N3N6V0xsSVk/edit?usp=sharing
MD5 checksum: 4ba38cc9fe4879687d0a279d0fbc0ced
Not to sure the Glacier has the ringtone bug.....

But in return the Glacier has a bug where it heats up a lot when headphones are inserted and sound it playing....

Interesting...

NeverGone\RU

Oct 10, 2008
Moscow
Not to sure the Glacier has the ringtone bug.....

But in return the Glacier has a bug where it heats up a lot when headphones are inserted and sound it playing....

Interesting...
We've had this problem earlier. As far as I remember, that was caused by updated camera drivers (weird, I know).
Maybe @Flinny will explain a bit more on this issue? :)

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
Oh....God, i dont understand, why are you being so hard on every developers around here. You are a senior member, just keep your dignity. His builds are still available in google drive. He just changed his build environment for ANDROID KITKAT. Which we all know is a bit different than other android versions.
And about his SSD, its costlier than HDD. So if your really wanna donate, then please go on.
Please dont hurt someones feelings.
Thanking you.
And sorry if this pisses you, because it pissed me to see a senior member, not understanding the conditions he had.

Sent from my HTC DESIRE Z using xda app-developers app
Its not being hard on developers. It just pointing out (small) flaws they have. They are gods here but you can laugh in the face of god. There is no shame or problem with that.

And yeah. I have 4 HDDs here collecting dust. Like many others Im sure would have donated drives.

And I apoligize because I did not see the Google Drive thing until you pointed it out (Im taking your word for it).

Senior members suck WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to the devs here. And Im thankful for every dev that goes in and out of their day to make ROMs for themselves and us. But if they arent pushed, they wont make themselves better :)

Ahhh, memory refreshed.
riahc has a long history of being a d1ck on these forums.:eek:
Best ignore and focus on things CM 10.2 and 11.
Not being a ****. Just being real.

I do love however that when I rode on masterleon for being a child making a ROM, most defended him like he was your newborn. I went ahead and tried the ROM. It was OK and I said so. But now, when nevergone exposes him, NOONE says "oh **** that d1ck of riahc3 was right" and worst yet, noone rips on him like I did. Noone has nuts around here or something?

Everyone points out when someone is wrong, but noone remembers when someone was right. Keep on being fake, guys.

I wanna say thanks to (hate them or love them) masterleron, nevergone, and flinny for being the only ones that keep deving to the future. Its a shame you cant work together (in a sense of the same ROM; I know nevergone and flinny talk about DZ development) but oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frogkiller

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
Its not being hard on developers. It just pointing out (small) flaws they have. They are gods here but you can laugh in the face of god. There is no shame or problem with that.

And yeah. I have 4 HDDs here collecting dust. Like many others Im sure would have donated drives.

And I apoligize because I did not see the Google Drive thing until you pointed it out (Im taking your word for it).

Senior members suck WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to the devs here. And Im thankful for every dev that goes in and out of their day to make ROMs for themselves and us. But if they arent pushed, they wont make themselves better :)

Not being a ****. Just being real.

I do love however that when I rode on masterleon for being a child making a ROM, most defended him like he was your newborn. I went ahead and tried the ROM. It was OK and I said so. But now, when nevergone exposes him, NOONE says "oh **** that d1ck of riahc3 was right" and worst yet, noone rips on him like I did. Noone has nuts around here or something?

Everyone points out when someone is wrong, but noone remembers when someone was right. Keep on being fake, guys.

I wanna say thanks to (hate them or love them) masterleron, nevergone, and flinny for being the only ones that keep deving to the future. Its a shame you cant work together but oh well.

How about we leave this and get back on topic

We could all flame each other on pm instead of clogging threads

Sent from my SAF3011 using Tapatalk

tobyblaze

Feb 12, 2013
hi

please what are the downsides of the 4.4.2 on HTC vision. I did like to know so I can decide to download it or wait for fixes

please what are the downsides of the 4.4.2 on HTC vision. I did like to know so I can decide to download it or wait for fixes

The one compiled by Flinny has broken G-Sensor (no auto-rotate and issues with wrong orientation of photos), crashing Camera app (but camera itself works in other apps) and awfully slow WebView (just use browser different than AOSP one). But it's alpha so that was expected :)

nissl

Oct 15, 2008
Waldshut-Tiengen
IMHO, you should go to the flinny's Alpha 3 which is the best up to date...
Just flash with a recent recovery.

Hm thanks for the suggestion, but these roms aren't 4.4 :(
Im looking for a 4.4 rom.

i flashed this one. Any ideas how to make the TrackpadWake working. also i have a modified Keylayout.
is it possible to implement from an old ROM (ILWT android 2.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess you've been waiting for this for quite a long time.
    So I felt I should upload at least something and stop keeping these builds secret.

Before we start...
    This is unstable. VERY unstable, compared to my latest CM10.1 build.
    By the way, I had to remove CM10.1 build environment because I have no space left on SSD. No more CM10.1 builds from me, sorry :)

On a positive note, this build has (compared to CM10.1):
    Camera button options (wake/unlock/peek/playback control) — I put this feature upstream. Try it, it's cool :)
    Flash sync is fine
    KSM works again (it just magically fixed itself)
    DSPManager doesn't suddenly get unloaded from memory and break your listening experience
    Persian language for hardware keyboard. The whole hardware keyboard support has been reworked.
    Newer Trebuchet, with live folders, icon pack support and other stuff
    RAM is about 150 MBytes free with Theme Chooser enabled

Thanks to: (in no particular order)
    Flinny
    Flemmard
    guest1
    mosi110
    kylon
    szezso
    nadlabak

Sources:
    Local manifests: https://github.com/NeverGone-RU/Andromadus
    Device tree: https://github.com/Andromadus/android_device_htc_vision
    MSM7x30 common: https://github.com/Andromadus/android_device_htc_msm7x30-common
    Kernel: https://github.com/Andromadus/htc7x30-3.0/tree/andromadus_4.3
    Kitkat?
    While I still prepare my build environment for Kitkat and applying some patches to make it compile, you can have a build provided by guest1.
    Initially, it was built purely for ringtone bug testing (factoid: every other htc msm7x30 device has ringtone shutting off randomly. I don't know why), but I think that'll do it for giving you an overview of what does CM11 look like at the moment.

This is even more unstable!
    4.4 is also slower for some reason (probably because of different qcom_display repo used for it).
    I did almost no tests with it, so there's probably a lot more to fix.
    Google Drive link for 4.4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ahny5WGurFS1Z3N3N6V0xsSVk/edit?usp=sharing
    MD5 checksum: 4ba38cc9fe4879687d0a279d0fbc0ced
    How to install?
    The usual process, nothing different here.
    1: backup
    2: wipe
    3: install the ROM
    4: install Google Apps. I prefer PA GApps "Mini Modular Packages".

How do I report bugs?
    Now that's important.
    I've set up an issue tracker to prevent cluttering this thread.
    Keep in mind that a bug report without a logcat/dmesg or at least a precise description of a bug wouldn't help anyone.
    If you stumble upon anything strange — try to reproduce it (and save a logcat, just in case).
    Pro-tip: use "adb logcat -C" to colorize the output and make it easier to read! (not sure if this works on Windows, though)
    Unfortunately, there are bugs that are caused by CM devs or Google (GApps are buggy, too). I'll close these bug reports, because I just can't fix that. I'm not a magician :)

Issues we already aware of:
    EGL: flashy CRT animation (disable it) and buggy hwcomposer (icons/widgets suddenly blacked out is also caused by it). This was the major show-stopper.
    Switching SELinux to Enforcing mode will instantly make the phone freeze. Don't do this!
    Trackpad wake/unlock doesn't work, and there's no way to enable it. I use "pure" CM frameworks_base that doesn't have these features baked in.
    Camcorder FCs when you try to un-pause video recording.
    [Fixed] AOSP Keyboard FCs if you don't install GApps — install them :p
    [Fixed] Mobile data is unstable — edit build.prop to fix the issue.

Issue you should be aware of: (non ROM-related)
    Don't buy Samsung laptops, they have display hinges made of a sh*tty plastic.
    hinge1.jpg
    hinge2.jpg
    hinge3.jpg
    hinge4.jpg

Give me the download, already!
    Google Drive link for 4.3.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ahny5WGurFWDhhRnRWUDRMdUE/edit?usp=sharing
    MD5 checksum: 657c81b1f46fd2987a175fa5ad66547d
    Please don't make additional mirrors. Instead, ask me to mirror the file myself.
    Why? I need to keep control of builds, and remove/replace them if something goes really wrong.
    Coming soon to a Desire Z near you.
    _DSC4690.JPG

_DSC4691.JPG
    WiFi & camera broken, but...
    IMG_20131215_164344.jpg