[ROM][03-25-12][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.6

Search This thread

flaheat88

Mar 13, 2011
FLA
All of them say they were updated one week ago.. I think I'll just go with the one at the bottom of the list..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

ZuperBlahq

Mar 22, 2011
Alexandria
Im confused about how to get a custom recovery back on after flashing this rom. I would like to nandroid back to the stock rooted el29 rom.

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
That's not true. Question threads belong somewhere else but asking a question within the thread is not only logical but never mentioned as an issue in the xda rules.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

How about rule #1 here: http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

I'm not trying to start anything, just wanted to point this out because it's a good refresher.

Sent from CIA headquarters via Codenamed XDA App

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
He said asking questions in a thread is never mentioned in the rules, but it's rule #1.

Sent from CIA headquarters via Codenamed XDA App

Rule #1 states to search before posting, not to not ask questions. Just sayin'.

For a user who isn't involved as much as others, one might not know much about the method of flashing to Ice Cream Sandwich without minimal risk. The user was clearly aware of the instructions which implies that he did in fact read. However, not understanding why and asking for clarification can't hurt. If you don't know the back story of a process it makes it difficult to search for such a specific answer.

Everyone has their days. =P

Post type: Constructive. :cool:

Last edited:

ungovernable1977

Oct 11, 2010
Seattle
Rule for a NEW THREAD is definately clear, as for posts within an existing, rules are vague. If you search and read first then you should be good to go. Some people just have too much time on their hands. BUT, if you see the two threads in general, seems consensus is do what the OP (dev) requests... if they say dev only, keep it to the general thread... if they prefer only one thread, like Agat, post accordingly. Last post on this subject in Dev I swear... refer to the threads in general debating this issue. Besides, he didnt say 'omg I wanna have your baby'...

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Rule #1 states to search before posting, not to not ask questions. Just sayin'.

For a user who isn't involved as much as others, one might not know much about the method of flashing to Ice Cream Sandwich without minimal risk. The user was clearly aware of the instructions which implies that he did in fact read. However, not understanding why and asking for clarification can't hurt. If you don't know the back story of a process it makes it difficult to search for such a specific answer.

Everyone has their days. =P

Post type: Constructive. :cool:

Rule for a NEW THREAD is definately clear, as for posts within an existing, rules are vague. If you search and read first then you should be good to go. Some people just have too much time on their hands. BUT, if you see the two threads in general, seems consensus is do what the OP (dev) requests... if they say dev only, keep it to the general thread... if they prefer only one thread, like Agat, post accordingly. Last post on this subject in Dev I swear... refer to the threads in general debating this issue. Besides, he didnt say 'omg I wanna have your baby'...

+1 to both of you...I don't even know what question/post this all stemmed from so I couldn't be posting in response to it specifically. I was just pointing out that it is mentioned (and I didn't know about this mention until somebody referred to it like I did), but ungovernable stated it correctly that it's vague. I think healthy discussion of it is not a bad thing, because it helps keep us from posting willy-nilly wherever, so thanks, both of you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Codename-Android.gif

Codename Android is a fully open source rom that focuses on speed, usability, and getting every feature that we can get CRAMMED in there .
    Our mission is to spread the Open Source Android love to as many people as possible, and get as many people involved as possible. Along with the rom there will be tutorials to get more people involved and learning how to build android step by step.

We are pleased to announce the CodeName Android ROM Utility. All info about it can be found HERE as well as the download link. For now it will act as an app that will centralize all downloads for CodeName Android. There is one feature that needs to be added. The missing feature is the flashing of zips through recovery but we are working hard on this and should have it working soon.

You may use the app to download ROMs and all available add on packages or we have provided direct links below.

Video walk-through by risahri. Check it out HERE

Review of ROM by NexusSHacks.com

DEVICES
    * Galaxy Nexus (GSM/CDMA) - Released
    * Nexus S (GSM/CDMA) - Released
    * Xoom (3G/4G/WiFi) - Scheduled for release

CHANGELOG
    ### 1.5.5
    * DO NOT USE THEMES OR MODS MADE FOR ANY OTHER VERSION. ONLY USER THEMES OR MODS MADE FOR 1.4.0
    *YOU MUST DO A FULL WIPE. Wipe cache & data/factory reset
    *Report bugs only after you confirm bug by having nothing else installed besides ROM. Use the BUG TRACKER.
    *GApps are now included. Basic version of GApps.
    common: a lot of menu re-organization to give and even better user experience
    common: lockscreen is now split into to seperat menus: style and options
    common: custom text color on the lockscreen (JBirdVegas)
    common: ability to set cutom profiles (David van Tonder - switchable for the power menu if turned on in the power menu settings and from the settings menu)
    common: new customizable signal bar settings (Robert Burns)
    common: configurable size of the navigation bar (romanbb)
    common: added the centered stock lockscreen layout to the lockscreen settings
    common: ability to set transparency for the statusbar (JBirdVegas)
    common: new fully configurable rotation animations (Robert Burns)
    common: T9 is now turned off by default in the dialpad settings
    common: ability to show/hide homescreen icon labels (kyle ladd)
    common: added the propmodder (JBirdVegas - the ability the make changes to your build.prop with a user interface - Settings -> Advanced Testing)
    common: ability to exit to the homescreen after a call (Zaphod-Beeblebrox)
    common: ability to enable the use of the status bar during a call (Zaphod-Beeblebrox)
    common: added end call button to notification curtain (Zaphod-Beeblebrox)
    common: updated the speaker promitiy for ICS (codenamedroid)
    common: settings for alowing users to switch between the sdcard and internal storage (rmcc - Settings -> Storage)
    common: added the option to toggle fast charging mode (JBirdVegas)
    common: made sure that the powermenu nav actions are always hidden on the tablet builds
    common: added more languages to the keyboard
    common: updated the apn lists (sixstringsg)
    common: fixes chrome install for all builds
    common: fixes any issues with volume wake and the flashlight toggle
    common: added support for the 3G variant of the EEE Pad Transformer
    tablet: all non tablet specific options have been removed
    Galaxy Nexus: updated kernel to Codename Android 1.8.1 (add deep idle by ezekeel, updated sound control, and returned to ultra low voltages)
    Xoom: the return of facelock with the google apps package
    Galaxy S (GT-I9000): Special Device Settings (CM)
    Fascinate (SGH-T959): fixed data (sixstringsg)
    Fascinate (SGH-T959): Special Device Settings (CM)
    Fascinate (SGH-T959): updated kernel (sixstringsg)
    Captivate (SGH-I896/SGH-I897): updated kernel (sixstringsg)
    Captivate (SGH-I896/SGH-I897): Special Device Settings (CM)
    Vibrant (SGH-T959): updated kernel (sixstringsg)
    Vibrant (SGH-T959): Special Device Settings (CM)

### Previous Changelogs
    HERE

Extra Tools (Provided by CM):
    Bash/
    Lsof/
    Nano/
    OpenVPN/
    libncurses/
    Busybox/
    Rsync/
    Superuser app - ChainsDD

Online Presence:
    Blog & Tutorials
    Bug & Feature Tracker
    IRC Chat
    CodeNameDroid
    -Twitter
    AndroidUser00110001
    -Twitter
    -Google+

Downloads:
    http://goo.gl/j0d7Z

Credit / Thanks:
    EVERYBODY IN THE ANDROID ATMOSPHERE!!!
    All other open sourcers that made a contribution to the project:
    Specifically: Team Gummy, romanbb (Android Open Kang Project) Birdman (RootzBoat), imoseyon, CM, AndroidUser00110001, Sbrissen, Darchstar, Maddoggin, Qbking77, manup456 awesome gif animation!

Install Instructions
    Must have Root and Clockwork Recovery installed on phone

From ClockWork Recovery:
    -Wipe cache & data/factory resest
    -Flash latest CNA ROM & GApps

Full Build instructions and Source (Source Fully Compatible w/Lion and Ubuntu 11.10)
    Build Instructions
    Full Source
    Full Working Changelog (Watch here for new changes and features as they are posted)

Donate: (Be kind)
    Codenamedroid - (ROM Dev) Donate
    AndroidUser00110001 - (ROM Dev) Donate
    Brainmaster - (Tweaker - Theme Porter) - Donate
    Blueharford - (Kernel Dev) - Donate
    mathkid95 - (Kernel Dev) - Donate
    Link - (GNexus support/All around) - Donate
    GerManiac - (Nexus S support) - Donate

SceenShot's:
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-20-23-17.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-17-34.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-17-41.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-17-49.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-25-28.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-24-46.png
    1.png
    2.png
    6.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    8.png
    7.png
    10.png
    9.png

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if you like this ROM :D
    Please keep this thread clean, for general dicussion, please use Cidica's thread Over HERE

What Works:
    3G
    4G
    WiFi
    GPS
    Camera
    Youtube
    External SD (mounted as emmc in rom see Known issues for install problems with apps)
    MMS

Known Issues:

Market Apps error out on installing (SDCARD Issue): Work around is to plug the phone to your computer and mount USB Storage.

Lockscreen Wallpaper: It will work till you try and Crop the Image then give an error. There is no current work around for this (Also happens on AOKP)

Clock Widget: Leaves extra old characters when changing size/style for AM/PM (Status Bar Option). No work around this is a CODENAME issue Not a Port issue.

Video Camera: While it will Start to record once you stop the recording it will crash. (no known work around right now)
    guys if ur having problems flash the nightly's in the link. And we are working on cna 2.0 which is 4.0.4

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Install Instructions:
    Installing for the first time:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CODENAME zip
    - Flash Gapps
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (as sometimes your calendar sync will not work) DO NOT WIPE SYSTEM or the assert script will fail
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup! (Some users have been able to do this. This is left here just as a warning however if it works for you cool me know)

Or

-Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    -When phone begins reboot, Hold Power + Volume up until boots into recovery.
    -Wipe data/factory, cache and dalvik cache
    -Flash ROM
    -Flash Gapps
    -Reboot
    (Please Note I do NOT use this method for installs. However it has worked for other users in the past so I am putting it here since it could cut down install time/upgrade time.)
    How to Install the Codename Android ICS Rom on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMZqn-23xEA&list=PL6B97247164921053&index=124&feature=plpp_video

Review of the Codename Android ICS Rom on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQStAfux0Uw&list=PL6B97247164921053&index=125&feature=plpp_video

Hope you like them!