Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2496007

but i dont even know where to start! :(
I am at the bootloader menu.

Have you followed my steps in my previous post? That should get you going. Are you new to flashing kernels on S-On phones?

There is an excellent FAQ with all the instructions you require at the start of this thread. Hit it up and find the parts on flashing using fastboot. It's all there.

Did you not take a Nandroid backup before flashing?

Hadziano

Jan 2, 2012
Have you followed my steps in my previous post? That should get you going. Are you new to flashing kernels on S-On phones?

There is an excellent FAQ with all the instructions you require at the start of this thread. Hit it up and find the parts on flashing using fastboot. It's all there.

Did you not take a Nandroid backup before flashing?

I did, i went to back up and had 2 backups...but it didn't work....even though it said "restore successful"

I didnt follow ur steps, because i deleted coredroid zip from my desktop....so now I am downloading it again even tough i have it on my sd card

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2496007

I did, i went to back up and had 2 backups...but it didn't work....even though it said "restore successful"

I didnt follow ur steps, because i deleted coredroid zip from my desktop....so now I am downloading it again even tough i have it on my sd card

OK no problem. Just trying to rule stuff out.

If you flash the boot.img from the ROM zip and then do a fresh install you should be up and running again.

Don't forget the fastboot erase cache part. It has solved so many bootloop issues!

D

Deleted member 2496007

Mate i donated to you, i hope u dont regard it as peanuts lol, i'm skint atm.

If you can just answer my original question please,about them lines at side of my phone, they are still appearing...the question is just above my screenshot....
thanks

Thank you very much! Any donation at all is very generous of you and certainly a nice surprise. It's nice to see grateful friendly people on XDA. :good:

I have not heard of your screen problem before. It does indeed sound like a hardware thing. Does it get worse if you press that side of the screen? Or if you keep brightness at full? Have you dropped it recently?

(I'm off to bed now, 2am here, but I'll check back in the morning.)

Reactions: doctorgallo

Hadziano

Jan 2, 2012
Thank you very much! Any donation at all is very generous of you and certainly a nice surprise. It's nice to see grateful friendly people on XDA. :good:

I have not heard of your screen problem before. It does indeed sound like a hardware thing. Does it get worse if you press that side of the screen? Or if you keep brightness at full? Have you dropped it recently?

(I'm off to bed now, 2am here, but I'll check back in the morning.)

It doesnt get worse when i press it, but i did drop it recently....but why does it not show when i switch my phone off? thats a strange one
brightness - no difference.
ps: about the donation, any other person would have replied 3 days later, because you've replied quick + solved my problem,it was the least i could do. After all I thought i had it,end of my phone! But its come back to life again! thanks dude and i'm glad you appreciate the donation.

huzz107

Dec 30, 2010
It doesnt get worse when i press it, but i did drop it recently....but why does it not show when i switch my phone off? thats a strange one
brightness - no difference.
ps: about the donation, any other person would have replied 3 days later, because you've replied quick + solved my problem,it was the least i could do. After all I thought i had it,end of my phone! But its come back to life again! thanks dude and i'm glad you appreciate the donation.

Our team appreciates anything actually,be it hitting e thanx button, nice n suppirtive comments,spread good words or top of all,any donation.. one x uses gorilla glass so actually it shouldn't crack. My experience with dhd is dat I hv e same experience.. it looks OK n u can't see any crack when there is no light but there's lines when light is on.. the crack is from inside.. I may b wrong but just sharing..

Huzz

Huzz.. Anything's Possible!

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Our team appreciates anything actually,be it hitting e thanx button, nice n suppirtive comments,spread good words or top of all,any donation.. one x uses gorilla glass so actually it shouldn't crack. My experience with dhd is dat I hv e same experience.. it looks OK n u can't see any crack when there is no light but there's lines when light is on.. the crack is from inside.. I may b wrong but just sharing..

Huzz

Huzz.. Anything's Possible!

Hey Huzz, Gorilla glass really only protects against scratches. Drop this thing and it doesn't just crack it shatters. Luckily I haven't dropped my One X, but have dropped my HD2 previously from less than 20cm and the screen shattered. Also look at the IC One X thread, baadnewz dropped his One X a few days back and has posted pictures of how his screen shattered.

ollie1132

Jan 16, 2011
Minas Tirith
e
Hey Huzz, Gorilla glass really only protects against scratches. Drop this thing and it doesn't just crack it shatters. Luckily I haven't dropped my One X, but have dropped my HD2 previously from less than 20cm and the screen shattered. Also look at the IC One X thread, baadnewz dropped his One X a few days back and has posted pictures of how his screen shattered.

ve dropped my one x so many times its unbelievable! Im 6ft 6" and its yet to even gain a scratch, I must be so insanely lucky :). Also I still seem to have the issue I washaving a whilr back with unlocking my phone. I'm really perplexed as to why it happens. It isn't even a pattern it's just random :/

Hadziano

Jan 2, 2012
so basically my htc is screwed? for such an expensive phone, why didnt they make crack-proof screen? lol

D

Deleted member 2496007

Oh dear! Not sure what you can actually do.. doubt you could claim it under warranty unfortunately. :/ thats if they didn't notice that you've rooted it :c

I'm certain that damage from a drop does not fall under warranty coverage. But it does sound like a replacement screen is on the cards unfortunately.

Been poking around on the interweb and the replacement screens don't actually seem that expensive. £40 on eBay. Plus if you wanted to have a go at replacing it yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SpHbhzLgU

I know they are not to everyone's tastes, but I really recommend the Otterbox Commuter Case. It adds bulk, but makes the phone practically drop-proof. My One X recently went bouncing down an entire flight of concrete stairs and was unscathed. It's cheaper than 18 months of insurance premiums too!

Gandicela

Nov 16, 2011
Singapore
I'm certain that damage from a drop does not fall under warranty coverage. But it does sound like a replacement screen is on the cards unfortunately.

Been poking around on the interweb and the replacement screens don't actually seem that expensive. £40 on eBay. Plus if you wanted to have a go at replacing it yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SpHbhzLgU

I know they are not to everyone's tastes, but I really recommend the Otterbox Commuter Case. It adds bulk, but makes the phone practically drop-proof. My One X recently went bouncing down an entire flight of concrete stairs and was unscathed. It's cheaper than 18 months of insurance premiums too!

How do I get to CoreDroid ONE X V4.7 RV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    MOD EDIT: Removed content
    No longer supporting CoreDroid...
    No longer on the team ;)
    MOD EDIT: Removed content